Image Dump VII (POST YOUR RANDOM IMAGES HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
47850117.jpg

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Post images, I said.

God damn it. You insult me in my profile, and then come here and try it even more publicly? That hurts vegeta. Anyways, my point was ARE YOU GOD DAMN KIDDING ME? ONLY 3 IMAGE POSTS OUT OF 251(2) POSTS IN THE GOD DAMN IMAGE DUMP?!

Shit, double post. DAMN YOU VEGETAAAA. You always get me flustered and make me mess things up.

1256757575522.gif

1254631782392.jpg

1255401064716.jpg

1255609725616.jpg

1255749101491.gif

1255794848646.gif

1256015144085.jpg

1256015314362.jpg

1256015520087.jpg

1256016814846.jpg

1256018920326.jpg

1256348183652.jpg

1256424494671.gif

1256446820856.gif

That is correct. I am not an image posting kind of person.

You can look through yourself if you want.

I don't know why you're so surprised, all I do in this thread is comment on the images.

You better not have ever told anyone to shut up and post images like all these other people who dont ever post images do.

All of you are arguing on the internet about something meaningless.

vq5mzd.jpg

'ISAF AIR FORCE' is redundant
2zhjlvn.jpg

I have about 20 other emblems for different squadrons, too.

Hatred doesnt produce flames. I dislike that image for producing misinformation.

289317157_c6a346187f.jpg

transparent-monitor.png

transparent+pc8.jpg

transparent+pc7.jpg

transparent%20screen.jpg

cat-transparent-screen.jpg

I've seen these before but i really want to try one someday! also i think the 4th picture is the real deal

I've posted those before.

It's tinypic, for some reason even though it's in fact a gif the url says jpg.

Warped, you don't need a backplate to use LCD or LED. If you take a calculator apart, you can still see the digits on the clear display. In fact, I have a clock that is clear, and the numbers are black LED.

Actually, I'm not sure about LCD, haven't seen that until now.

EDIT. Hypothesis: So for LCD, black is actually [pixel] off. The backplate is what makes it black. So everything black will be clear with the backplate removed.

Similarly, but completely unrelated, a mirror is just a piece of glass with a painted back.

Warped, you don't need a backplate to use LCD or LED. If you take a calculator apart, you can still see the digits on the clear display. In fact, I have a clock that is clear, and the numbers are black LED.

Actually, I'm not sure about LCD, haven't seen that until now.

EDIT. Hypothesis: So for LCD, black is actually [pixel] off. The backplate is what makes it black. So everything black will be clear with the backplate removed.

Similarly, but completely unrelated, a mirror is just a piece of glass with a painted back.
I can assure you that the backplate is reflective and black is "on" and the liquid crystal filters the light as it goes through it when voltage is applied. Monitors don't have backplates; they have backlights which are white and luminous (obviously)

Backplate was just a word I [strike]made up[/strike] used for the piece of plastic that makes up the back of the monitor. So... all LCD monitors have them. Lets call it the back cover.

I understand what you are saying - acknowledged. I still think it's possible to use LCD without a 'back cover'. However, it would only be lit by the light of the room. I want to believe. I'm going to look around and see what I find.

EDIT: k
First mistake I made was calling the calculator LED - I slipped up. It's only LED if it Emits Light. DUH.

So therefore, it is entirely possible to operate LCD without a back cover, and without a back-light, and without a reflective back surface. I know, because I've done it.

- Unless - it is somehow functionally different for a color display. And that is what I intend to find out now.

EDIT2:

Well, I didn't really find what I was looking for. For simple displays like clocks, that will always display the same thing, it's been possible since the beginning with LCD. Like I said, I took an LCD calculator apart 20 years ago, and it was clear, with the digits appearing black. Fully working.

However, for computer monitors, I think it's possible, but I'm pretty sure you cannot just take the monitor apart and expect it to work as expected. However, it looks like we may see things like that very soon.

Warped's photos were just very well done wallpapers. I found a tutorial on how to do it really well:
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...CD&ndsp=20&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&start=260&um=1

A double layer transparent LCD display:

dual-layered-transparent-lcd-screen-01.jpg

dual-layered-transparent-lcd-screen-02.jpg

dual-layered-transparent-lcd-screen-04.jpg

Source

And an interesting back touchscreen display:
081218-transparentled-03.jpg

(video)
http://brightcove.newscientist.com/services/player/bcpid2227271001?bctid=5172840001

I find this video interesting because it used a light from below to light the transparent LCD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lY9aXzfBuE

A collection of images showcasing some very cool ideas for transparent LCD that should be possible in the future:
http://www.desihotmasala.com/2009/01/mac-funamizu-future-of-internet-search.html

wow, for once an anime related image that i understood

anyway, saw this on dump.com, and according to the site, this is "a new scenerio illustrating what might happen if net neutrality disappears"

neutrality.png

Shit, double post. DAMN YOU VEGETAAAA. You always get me flustered and make me mess things up.
*snip*
1256015144085.jpg

1256015314362.jpg

1256015520087.jpg

1256016814846.jpg
Is someone making a game for that or did someone just make some models (or even better: both!)

wow, for once an anime related image that i understood

anyway, saw this on dump.com, and according to the site, this is "a new scenerio illustrating what might happen if net neutrality disappears"

neutrality.png

HA!

If they tried that shit over here, we'd burn them down with molotovs.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal anyway.

You haven't seen what i mean quite yet. Also that dissapointed me, i was hoping the next post would say "God help us all." Damn your wit.

I enjoyed that second picture (even if it is probably quite old), if not for the caption...

d4e58318a989678b7761fab29d00d252.gif

It doesn't loop and I don't have the tools to make it loop at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back