Mass Effect 3

Yeah, that's why I don't get it. Are they private gunships just bailing out of London?

Yeah, that's why I don't get it. Are they private gunships just bailing out of London?

Could be human military - Earth is hardly considered the front line as far as the Alliance goes, its not unreasonable that the troops stationed on earth have older equipment. The wiki page you linked to even says it remains in service with dozens of militaries. Also don't forget that human government on Earth is not unified - the Systems Alliance is backed by, rather than in control of Earth's states. It could well be the case that the "British" military use the Mantis gunship while the Systems Alliance and other human forces don't.

Or, if they are with the reapers, they've made smart husks which can pilot aircraft. D:

I see only one solution to defeat the Reapers.

Exterminatus.jpg

I see only one solution to defeat the Reapers.

Exterminatus.jpg

Well, that only works if they're all in there.

But yes, we need some serious Imperium-of-Man-style firepower.

On another note, this is kinda why I want humanity to keep overpopulating - a few million dead in a day isn't much if the entire population of the world is about a hundred billion.

I'm hoping the gameplay is a bit better than it was in ME2. Running from hip high wall to hip high wall while having to scrounge for thermal clips was so boring. Although judging from the trailer thermal clips are back.

I'm hoping the gameplay is a bit better than it was in ME2. Running from hip high wall to hip high wall while having to scrounge for thermal clips was so boring. Although judging from the trailer thermal clips are back.

I really didn't like the feel of the weapons in the ME series; they weren't even pretty, and you simply sprayed bullets. Even the Modern Warfare series did better than that.

I liked Mass Effect 2 for the story and character interaction. The combat is boring and unsatisfying. All the weapons just feel weak as hell.

So help me if that Turian councilor air quotes us off one more time.....

Well I played soldier class. I found the shotguns to be useless, so I mostly used an assault rifle and a sniper rifle.

Why would they be working with the Reapers? Since they are all like: "You will be assimilated! Resistance is futile!

Well one other possibility is that indoctrination is in effect, though I'm going to dismiss that claim and say the gunships are either troop transports or Medivacs.

I told the council to **** off in ME2. I'm sure that will make a big difference in ME3, lol.

I hated the Citadel in the whole series. That place is like douchbag capital of the Galaxy, but I'm hoping there is an equal and opposite version of it on the bad side that I can blow the hell up

Also, that British soldier is taking the Kaidan/Jacob position. Calling it now.
He's far, far too interesting a character already to be in that role.
edit: That and the fact that Kaidan will have to be in the game anyway. I can't wait to break it to him that Shepard and Garrus are an item now.

I told the council to **** off in ME2. I'm sure that will make a big difference in ME3, lol.

I will need to replay ME2 most likely, since I can't remember what I did in ME2..

Though I guess it will most likely be like the beginning of ME2 where it informs you of what decisions you made in the previous game in the form of dialogs.

Hopefully they will have better facial animations and more RPG in this one.

Was Councillor Anderson born in London, do you think he's going to step down so he can lay some personal whoop-ass against the reapers?

one thing I found dumb about mass effect 1 was that considering all the ubertecnology they have,why they didnt take some recording device to get proofs?

like when they enter the krogan factory and meet the first reaper in some kind of big hologram or when it attacked that first human colony,I think it would have been a very good idea

"oh whats this??ah is a goddamed talking scpaceship that is telling me that will conquer all the galaxy!!1listen to it themself! and see the goddamed turian supporting him too!.."

A video recording of a reaper would be useless for the same reasons a video recording of a UFO is useless in real life. What they need is physical evidence, perhaps a piece of reaper tech.

I thought the reapers didn't have emotions? For them to go straight for Earth Shepard must of royally pissed them off in the last game.
Considering they were trying to build a Human-Reaper last time, and they previously had an unsuccessful attempt to make a Reaper out of Protheans, I think it probably has more to do with the population of Earth being useful to the Reapers more than just Shepherd pissing them off.

After all, they attack every 50,000 years or so, and they attack just a couple hundred years after humans arrive on the interstellar scene? Obviously they've been waiting for another race which has the potential to help "breed" Reapers, which would be why the Collectors were always periodically showing up and taking sentient lifeforms away.

mhm this might end kind like Halo2 did...could be a bad thing I think.....

Guess I was the only one who enjoyed the combat in ME2, possibly owing to playing an infiltrator. Sniping from stealth is so immensely satisfying.

Also, heh, you guys and your alien councils. How cute.

Guess I was the only one who enjoyed the combat in ME2, possibly owing to playing an infiltrator. Sniping from stealth is so immensely satisfying.

The combat in ME2 was no doubt quite a bit better than the combat in ME1.

The combat in ME2 was no doubt quite a bit better than the combat in ME1.

As much as I disliked the shooting from ME2, it was indeed better than in ME. With that said, the hip high walls magically being everywhere* and the stupid thermal clips did not make for a great experience either. Now biotic abilities on the other hand were great in ME2 I thought.

*You could not imagine the frown I made during the Subject Zero recruitment mission when little, pneumatic walls would sprout up off the floor. It's like the prison ship was designed for mediocre, third person shooting.

No, he sounds like what americans think a british accent sounds like.

Pompous and conescending?

I think it's an interesting way for the story to go. Those funky Bioware writers... they are good at what they do.

Hackett: Shepard, head to Earth immediately! We're under attack!!

Shepard: Negative. Gota do some loyalty missions and probe Uranus. Brb.

I was sniper too,cuz dont wanted to be some brute and for any other special ability but there isnt much rpg stuff in the combat of ME besides biotics

also I dont liked termal clips,I liked to have default infinite ammo :/

also ME1 story borrows heavily from kotor imo

*You could not imagine the frown I made during the Subject Zero recruitment mission when little, pneumatic walls would sprout up off the floor. It's like the prison ship was designed for mediocre, third person shooting.

That's because it was the only mission not to take place in a warehouse full of metal crates or near any conveniently odd rock formations.

That's because it was the only mission not to take place in a warehouse full of metal crates or near any conveniently odd rock formations.

I think they should do something to make the cover-system less obvious or tweak it so that you can survive in the open well enough that they don't have to place cover-items everywhere.

Its like Yatzee said on zero punctuation: you always know when a battle is about to happen because the map suddenly becomes filled with low walls.

Bioware... you make great games but you are kinda forcing the cover-system in a way that breaks up immersion.

They've gotten a lot of feedback about it, so I'm hopeful we'll see some improvement in the next iteration of the franchise.

I think they should do something to make the cover-system less obvious or tweak it so that you can survive in the open well enough that they don't have to place cover-items everywhere.

Its like Yatzee said on zero punctuation: you always know when a battle is about to happen because the map suddenly becomes filled with low walls.

Bioware... you make great games but you are kinda forcing the cover-system in a way that breaks up immersion.

What if the character Automatically went to Prone when not close to cover

Back