Minecraft = Love

EDIT: Once again (I think that's been said already). Could we agree not to build stuff like single-tile vertical lines, unless it's really temporary? I've seen a few of those, matter of fact I'm standing next to one, which one of the members apparently decided to use as a point of reference for his mine. That doesn't look good. Please either use other points of reference, or reconstruct your pole to make it not stand out like this.
Agreed, please don't do this. I don't think we need to be design nazis about what people build, but it should be pretty obvious when something just looks terrible, half-assed, or out of place. Just ask yourself, "what is this?" If your answer is "a big stack of blocks" then you probably shouldn't build it. I mean, even Vegeta's stupid bookcase thing has a design aesthetic to it. :p

Yeah! And my house is going to be floating inside of it, so it's not just a random structure anyway!

Single block pillars are an eyesore, I agree. Many servers have some sort of a policy on them.

Honestly I think we should treat them like burning trees... if you're going to take the time to whack the tree and burn it, whack the rest. If you're going to build a single block wide pillar for whatever reason, don't be a lazy bastard and instead deconstruct it.

I think some people use them as sort of landmark guiders for their navigation, and I'm not trying to be a design nazi or anything but maybe you can make it look a little cooler?

If we could get some sort of "clean up your damned pit mines" policy that'd be swell, too.

I'm guilty of some of those single block towers. When I walk by then next time I'll modify them

the latest Game Informer page 31 has an article on Minecraft!! this game is going Super Alpha now!! lol

Yeah, I saw that when it came in the mail.

server seems to be down for me, any estimated time on when it's going back up or is it a minecraft.net thing?

Nah, it's me trying to do some stuff to my computer. It'll be back up sometime later.

I'm also playing a few video games here and there, since I have the day off work. I don't get to play much. :(

no rush dude, just wondering. as long as get on tomorrow sometime it's gravy, got me some new ideas i want to try out.

Posted like 3 times.

/puts on friendly attitude

But I'm sure many people haven't seen it!

does anyone know where minecraft saves the files to?? I'm playing singpleplayer for the time being and im using INVedit and I want to spawn tnt for shits and giggles but I need to find the save files. where are they usually located?

ok, i can find my files manually, but still can't find my saved files when searching from this new program i downloaded. like app data isn't to be found when searching manually to connect my map and this program. is there a way to make the files unhidden??

edit: nevermind, I found out how to link the two thanks!

You don't need to know where the save files are located for INVedit. You can just click the little arrow next to the world icon and it will tell you "Open from World......".

I'm trying to grow grass on my roof but nothing has grown yet.. it just stays plain dirt. Whis won't it grow up there? Doesit need water or be connected with the'ground' somehow?

Yeah, connect it to the ground. After that, it'll grow as long as there's light.

My ghast breach trap. Not to scale.

minecraftghasttrap.png

Edit: Just realized I can't have the wire go down more than one block, so it'll have to zig zag until it hits the surface.

^
Could you do that with water and doors? I imagine resetting that after a gast incursion would take a while.

The idea is to abandon it after you make everything collapse over it. Like hell would I be resetting it.

I wonder if water will kill ghasts? I also wonder if, like torches, they will destroy sand that falls on them?

I was hoping water WOULD kill ghasts... well, because. This.

minecraftghasttrap2.png

Again, not to scale. And the redstone wire would have to be placed another way, but that's like insta-drown. inb4 ghasts just float over water.

WHY DO PEOPLE MAKE THOSE HORRIBLE STAIRCASES THAT YOU BUMP YOUR HEAD ON WITH EVERY STEP?

I hate those too Caps lock dude, they would really hurt Shaq big time

When my house is done Raz, I'll take you on a tour and you'll never hit your head on any of my stairs!

I just had an awesome idea!.... *drum roll*.... pipes and pumps. It be a block that was hollow and water would flow though it. A pump block would be able to push the water uphill. You could have fountains, irrigation, showers etc.

I've seen that one kicked around the minecraft forums a few times. Would be nice.

Pipes? Irrigation? Showers? You guy's sound like you wanna settle down here! Me and my son are gonna build a raft and get off this rock!

/random_lost_references

Back