Post your latest purchases with pics (NO STOCK IMAGES)

yeah I have to say I'm busier than ever before and snagging a picture of something I recently bought is just too time consuming these day

It's not like posting your purchases is an obligation. If you don't have the time to make worthwhile post then that's that. User pictures is what makes this thread interesting and gives it personality.

What does how much you spent on shit have to do with it? I mean I know it's fun to show off cool shit in this thread but this is so blatant.

"I spent HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS, and NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT IT **** ME GOD DAMNIT"

Like, what's more stupid here? Wanting to keep a thread filled with user content, or your inexplicable need to show everyone how much money you spent?
"I don't really have any photograph permitting areas in my house." is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

It has nothing to do with anything you big god damn dumb idiot. The **** is your problem? I mention hundred dollar purchases and you think my only desire to show people shit is to show off how much money I'm spending?

You're ****ing stupid. Stop talking to me.

It has nothing to do with anything you big god damn dumb idiot. The **** is your problem? I mention hundred dollar purchases and you think my only desire to show people shit is to show off how much money I'm spending?

You're ****ing stupid. Stop talking to me.

This is the most hilarious post I've seen in months.

I got an auto-winding watch...

Seiko SNK805K2 Automatic Watch

Seiko_SNK805K2_Automatic_Watch_1.jpg

Seiko_SNK805K2_Automatic_Watch_3.jpg

Seiko_SNK805K2_Automatic_Watch_4.jpg

I just bookmarked that watch, I want it but for now I'll wait till I do my taxes

"Automatic watch." As opposed to...wind up?

The watch self-winds when you wear it. As long as it's on your wrist and you aren't dead or in a coma it'll run perpetually without any intervention. When it's off your wrist, it'll wind down in about 36 hours.

If only there was a wikipedia article about this technology.

I knew you weren't, I wouldn't have said anything until Dragoon took you seriously.

There are a lot of cool things about this watch, but one of my favorites is the sweeping seconds hand... instead of ticking every second it has a 1/4 second update, making it look nearly fluid. The transparent back is nifty, but for most intents and purposes is going to be permanently hidden away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_watch would be more accurate in this case. This is a mechanical watch, not quartz.
Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewel_bearing

thinkpad t61 :v feelsgoodman

zqpYs.jpg

JB9Nz.jpg

So I just bought a Thinkpad computer on ebay for like, 170 bucks after shipping, and was like "didn't I see someone post a thinkpad on hl2.net?" and sure 'nuff there it is. In fact, I believe its the same model. The one I got is a widescreen version of the t61 series though. How are you liking it after using it for this long? Excited to get mine, Thinkpads are boss.

I ****ing love it. It came with Vista, but I went ahead and put W7 Ultimate on there. Also, I got the standard screen on accident. I thought they were all either 14" or 15" widescreen. I don't regret it at all, though. Great laptop. Would recommend.

Edit: Picked some comics up at the thrift store today.

2IE9f.jpg

Hey hokey, does the t61 use sata out ide hard drives. I didn't think about that before, and it will suck if I ever need a new drive if it's ide

Hey hokey, does the t61 use sata out ide hard drives. I didn't think about that before, and it will suck if I ever need a new drive if it's ide

Ugh, I hate how overpriced IDE drives are. I'm about to make a deal for a 2nd hand 80GB laptop IDE drive.. for 25 euros. ****ing insanity.

Yeah exactly. What made me think of it was how we just sold our last ide drive at work. 160gb for $79.

I bought Bruno on DVD today for a $1.
I also bought my sister some DVD's from our local Blockbuster that's closing.

I bought Bruno on DVD today for a $1.
I also bought my sister some DVD's from our local Blockbuster that's closing.

I thought Blockbuster went out of business completely a few years ago. Every shop near me closed up. :|

Aw yeah

d1oGk.jpg

edit: As sexy as these are, I can't work in studio monitors into my setup without spending more money to get the EQ the way I want. So I'm gonna return these and get some nice 2.1 speakers instead.

Had to order this all the way from America ffs.

But I am loving it. Too bad it's going to be the reason why I'm going to starve for a week.
anlsti.jpg

Had to order this all the way from America ffs.

But I am loving it. Too bad it's going to be the reason why I'm going to starve for a week.
anlsti.jpg

Oh dude, if I had known you were going to get that book... The local bookstore here has signed copies of A Dance With Dragons. I would've grabbed a copy and shipped it to you.

Map of NZ as Middle Earth by Weta Workshops. (filming locations). Looks darker in reality.

V1RXy.jpg

TdaxW.jpg

8u61k.jpg

KZG8Sl.jpg

This is not a post about these particular cd's (though the bottom two have some pretty sweet packaging), but more a lament for music cd's in general. The reason I bought four was that the only good cd/record store in town is changing hands (thankfully not completely going out of business), and everything was 40% off. The discount has been gradually stepping down from 10% in January to 40% now. I'd expected much of the stock to be cleared out already, but as far as I could tell, everything was still there, and there were maybe twice as many people browsing as usual, which amounts to four of us. Where are all the consumers?!?! And I read the most depressing interview(s) with bands that said the cd industry will be dead pretty soon, leaving us with only lame downloads or vinyl, which would require me to have a record player. Noooooooooooo. :(

I know everyone likes to deny it, but the internet really did kill the music industry in some sense. Even I hesitate to buy cd's because there's no surprise to look forward to anymore unless you pre-order or do some kind of self-imposed no-Spotify/bandcamp/myspace/youtube/NPR-first-listen asceticism. I already heard 3 of these 4 albums long before I bought them.

I know everyone likes to deny it, but the internet really did kill the music industry in some sense.
And what is bad about killing companies that make millions off of artists?

With site like bandcamp, artists can get 100 percent of the money they earn and the internet is the absolute best way to promote yourself.

This is a step in the right direction.

Back