What do you do for a living?

Just quit my summer job since it's back to school. I don't work and school yo.

Tech Support ftw........

:( oddly enough, I've always figured I'd be doing something like this. Don't wanna stay forever, though.

University student but I work in a kebab place for beer money.

Ugh, my internship was up this week, and it has just been extended until the last day of the year. I'm not too hopeful of getting a full time position at this point, so it's probably a good thing that I spend every waking moment outside of work on my portfolio. Time to keep looking for a full-time job again, those student loans aren't paying themselves (and I could go for some health insurance, while we're at it.) I love being an artist, but it's quite hard to earn trust when you lack prior game studio experience. :(

.NET developer, though not strictly so, it just happens to be what I'm currently using and it's a great environment.

I work Retail and I'm starting to really hate it. been in retail for like 11 years now since I was 15. Also make much more than most of my friends and they mooch off of me a lot....but I don't mind because I still sorta mooch off my folks.

Don't let friends "mooch" off you, that's not cool.

Don't let friends "mooch" off you, that's not cool.

one is unemployed and never mooched before, the other is poor and takes care of his aging grandmother whom his parents barely help. They are good guys

Assistant Water Asset Management Consultant in GIS.

Nope, I dont know either.

Currently on sabbatical due to a lack of places at the HQ here in the UK.

one is unemployed and never mooched before, the other is poor and takes care of his aging grandmother whom his parents barely help. They are good guys

Yeah, way to be a dick No Limit.

But yeah I'm applying at a local fitness place to be a Lifeguard.

I'm a university student, and as a side-job I am a care nurse in an elderly home.

no wonder you like me

can I have my sponge bath now?

I'm a university student, and as a side-job I am a care nurse in an elderly home.

wow, nice.

Uni student. Completed one degree. Recession begins. FUUU. Starting second degree this September, Diagnostic Radiography.

Come on guys... the only reason he's doing it is because it's a prime source of curmudgeon talent. He's training... that's all.

ugh I can't stand elderly homes, based on experience.

Assistant Water Asset Management Consultant in GIS.

Nope, I dont know either.

Currently on sabbatical due to a lack of places at the HQ here in the UK.

By GIS do you mean the geographical/mapping software?

I used it once to map out air pollution levels. I totally hated it.

I throw your baggage onto the ground after the plane lands.

I keed, I keed.

By GIS do you mean the geographical/mapping software?

I used it once to map out air pollution levels. I totally hated it.

Aye, Geographic Information Systems.

Software such as ArcGIS, MapInfo etc etc. MapInfo is what I learned to use in 2 modules at Uni doing Human Geography, and seeing as I love using maps and satellite imagery, I naturally became interested in it and did very well.

It can be complicated, and learning it all over again at work was a pain (especially at your very first job out of Uni, abroad so youre expected to be experienced in it, feeling like a right thick twat asking for help), yeah, but once you know it well enough, you can produce some interesting stuff. It can be very versatile when used for analysis, and thats what we did as consultants.

''Look at this map, it shows what you're doing is **it and wrong. We know what needs to be done. Do it like zis ya!''

Im not going to lie, the odd spat of German Reich came out and maybe a lashing or two, but hey, they're musl...no I wont go there.

Im not going to lie, the odd spat of German Reich came out and maybe a lashing or two, but hey, they're musl...no I wont go there.

dis is your boss ya?

hipsterhitler.jpg

hipster hitler

I work in the customer service department for a bank. I started out in school as an education major until I got a job as a teller and realized I liked money so much more LOL

A call center is seriously the worst job ever, I do not recommend.

I tend the **** out of a bar; I wait, I put wood on a fire, I don't spill pitchers of beer on people, I sell expensive cognac to drunk yuppies. I used to make coffee, sell pastry, peddle chocolate like it was crack.

I'm a uni student. No job, and I don't qualify for work study. But there are still some university paid jobs that I will probably look into.

I did the whole planned occupation route. Went to engineering college and now I'm an engineer. It all worked out perfectly.. in a boring sort of way.

Every time I read this thread title I think of those lame T-Shirts white trash people and men in their mid 40's wear that say stuff like "I work fulltime... as a pain in the ass!", written in comic sans.

Unemployed high-school dropout living on money from state due to my neurological disorder.

Mind you, it's not what I want to do, but it ain't easy for a highschool dropout to find work over here, especially not one who has a history of various health problems.

I might get to do an internship at a local church helping tend the graves, and the church itself. And no, I'm not religious, but I find churches to be an ideal environment for me since they're fairly calm and there isn't that much people in them.

I currently weld 2 parts for the MRAP Hummer:

MATV-14.jpg

No this job isn't what I want and isn't that fun neither as it's a manufacturing welding. It's a job though in this depression and something to put on my resume.

Back