Breaking Bad - Season 5

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...-a-saul-goodman-spinoff-20120718#.UAwNwzFSSft

“I would love to see a Saul Goodman spinoff,” Gilligan said. “I can’t say that it is genuinely in the works at this moment, but certainly Bob Odenkirk and I have talked about it a little bit. I can’t promise that it will ever happen, but I think I personally, as fan number one of this world, meaning the first one to partake of these plot moments and whatnot, I personally would love to tune in and see a good Saul Goodman show.”

“I like the idea of a lawyer show in which the main lawyer will do anything it takes to stay out of a court of law,” Gilligan continued. “He’ll settle on the courthouse steps, whatever it takes to stay out of the courtroom. That would be fun -- I would like that.”

I would watch the shit out of this.

I totally would have killed that bitch

Every single episode ever ends with Walter attempting to comfort Skylar in stunned horror in their bedroom.

This is kind of a random thought/speculation but the other day it occurred to me that a carwash is kind of the perfect cover for drug distribution operation.

****ing awesome episode. Had a mix of a lot of things the show does well.

Madrigal suicide was brutal.
Jesse was really cute.
Walt seems to get worse and worse.
Mike is in the shit.
Hank is on the right track.
Skyler's still scared.
Junior's had his breakfast.
Good episode all up. The plot is beginning to develop now, which is awesome.

Almost seemed like an idea popped into Hank's head when listening to his boss's story about Gus being right under his nose.

Question: I can't remember if it was ever explained, but does Hank know how smart Walt actually is? Or does he just assume he was some typical high school teacher?

smashing episode, season is off to a belter of a start.

jesse breaking up was heartwrenching, and walt comforting him was just so uncomfortable because of, y'know... and walt at the end was absolutely sickening, horrifying even. makes me shudder just thinking about it.

more mike time was excellent. love that guy. almost worried a little for him when he approached the door but naw, he ain't that stupid. absolutely loved the pan that revealed chow's demise, and that scene where mike and the other fella (i forget his name) were sitting across from each other was some real no country for old men shit. excellent.

Yeah, its hard to tel if hank had a bit of an epiphany there or not. Either way, its clear what direction this season is going. Its going to be straight up Hank Vs Walt.

Motherf*ckers, now can you see why I love Mike? Episode 2 was awesome. Especially liked the opening scene.

The Madrigal guy committing suicide. That great thing BB does so well of opening an episode with something powerful that makes you go "Wow." Never mind the ends they leave on. Don't know whether I'm rooting for Hank sometimes. It's like you want to see him find out about Walter but at the same time, you love the rest of the group getting away with shit.

Did anyone else find the detail of not showing the heads of Walt or Skylar in that wake up scene really striking?

The final scene had me thinking, "Rape. This is going to be a rape by degrees." The whole episode was masterful, better than the first of the season. I don't even know what to say. I expect so much from the next eight.

Motherf*ckers, now can you see why I love Mike? Episode 2 was awesome. Especially liked the opening scene.

The Madrigal guy committing suicide. That great thing BB does so well of opening an episode with something powerful that makes you go "Wow." Never mind the ends they leave on. Don't know whether I'm rooting for Hank sometimes. It's like you want to see him find out about Walter but at the same time, you love the rest of the group getting away with shit.

Franch, man. It's a hell of a thing.

They're getting better, week by week.

What the hell was that exactly? Did Walt threaten Jesse, or was he just sayin'?

Skyler's cooked it too.

Promo for next week:

More intriguingly, one year to the day (in more ways than one.):

This show is straight up superb. Might have to replace The Wire with it when people ask what my favourite TV show is.

The end scene of E2 with Skyler and Walt in the bed was so ****ing disturbing. There was such a menacing psychopathy about it, powerful stuff. Hope the German corporation guys are explored further in the coming episodes, seems odd that the writers didn't give them more room in the first episodes.

Another amazing episode. I loved the Skyler/Marie scene. Walt's coverup was great, but man, look how he has reversed since back when Jesse was the one complaining about how much money they got from Gus.

I like when there's a lot of practical stuff in the episode, like them looking for a spot to cook, working out the details, and Mike dividing the money when they finished.

I agree, Ep 2 was amazing. The season is making me really scared of what is to come. You can think of shit hitting the fan hundreds of different ways but it's still hard to pinpoint when and how. I am hoping Walt has this master exit strategy they haven't showed but anything is in the air.

I'm not sure I understood the last scene. I'm trying to find the relevance of Victor's death to their current situation. Do you think he's talking about Mike, in that Walt thinks he's trying to take over too much (flying too close to the sun)? But that would suggest that Walt wants to make an example of Mike (as Gus did with Victor), but there's been no indication of any sort of replacement for Mike, so that makes no sense.

Idunno, I'm just confused by the whole ending. How does Walt not see the logic in Mike's actions? I mean, I figured he'd maybe tell Mike to pay off his own debts in regards to Hazard Pay, but he was annoyed with every pay-off.

I'm not sure I understood the last scene. I'm trying to find the relevance of Victor's death to their current situation. Do you think he's talking about Mike, in that Walt thinks he's trying to take over too much (flying too close to the sun)? But that would suggest that Walt wants to make an example of Mike (as Gus did with Victor), but there's been no indication of any sort of replacement for Mike, so that makes no sense.

Idunno, I'm just confused by the whole ending. How does Walt not see the logic in Mike's actions? I mean, I figured he'd maybe tell Mike to pay off his own debts in regards to Hazard Pay, but he was annoyed with every pay-off.

That's what I'm trying to figure out too. I guess Walt is arrogant enough to think he can do it all himself. You're probably right there.

How was the Scarface scene? Skyler is losing the plot and Walt is so unsympathetic.

To me, it seemed as if it was Walt playing with the idea of a darker path that he knows he's going on. Not so much Mike, but the open ended possibility of having to exert force to show his dominance, especially given how weak the amount of money is making him feel. Not to kill mike, but to show to mike that he's not to be trifled with. Remember, Victor was Mike's man, and not in the same position as Mike is in now. I don't know how that would work though, since Mike is a much scarier dude than Walter is. That may change though. This season is very quick with Walt sort of slipping into the darker side of his profession. Who knows how quickly he might turn to being able to off people without a whole moral tug of war taking place.

I don't know if I conveyed that right or not... I'm off to bed.

So do you think Ted will last long now that Walter has gone Heisenberg 100%? I mean, the guy did screw Skyler and was responsible for Heisenberg losing 600k.

My speculation is that Walt will kill Ted, which will lead to an already depressed Skyler to commit suicide.

I'm pretty sure Walt doesn't care about Ted. He had his near death and he's going to keep quiet. I think we would have seen something related to it if Walt was actually planning on taking him out. I think he wouldn't want the extra heat that would result from it.

I really like the way Walt & Jesse are portrayed as the professionals now. The way they went around all of the potential lab buildings and immediately both picked all the holes in it that made it unsuitable for cooking. I especially liked the "Yes Sir & No Sir" bit. How they've now become the intimidating figures to be around for the cover workers.

Read something cool in the comments to a Youtube video.

Check out the titles for the season 2 episodes:

"Seven Thirty-Seven"
"Grilled"
"Bit by a Dead Bee"
"Down"
"Breakage"
"Peekaboo"
"Negro y Azul"
"Better Call Saul"
"4 Days Out"
"Over"
"Mandala"
"Phoenix"
"ABQ"

The bolded episodes are those that had intros containing scenes from the aftermath of the plane collision (with the teddy bear etc.).

:O

took me a while to figure out what you were getting at there as i thought you were trying to tie them into something season 5 related. now i see it, that is pretty cool.

Is this not the creepiest look?
MLQz0.jpg

I wonder if Brock is too young to know what happened to him, or if he knows that he was poisoned (i.e. eating the berries) on purpose. More so, I want to know how Saul administered them, obviously those weekly paycheck visits to Andrea would have been perfect - but was it more a case of leaving them in a place where Brock will find them, or "Hey kid try my berries."?

So do you think Ted will last long now that Walter has gone Heisenberg 100%? I mean, the guy did screw Skyler and was responsible for Heisenberg losing 600k.

My speculation is that Walt will kill Ted, which will lead to an already depressed Skyler to commit suicide.
I think Ted is a pretty big fundamental open ended question for the season and they could easily make him important or not. Considering the flashforward and the degree to which Walt appeared to have lost everything paired with the scene where Walt first finds out about Ted with Saul, I thought his actions concerning Ted could very well lead to his downward spiral in regards to his family and life. I think it's a struggle between the two sides to his self-destructive kingpin coin: Either he could disregard him (either leading to maybe nothing or it coming back to bite him) because that he feels untouchable and is practically deliberately reckless sometimes or his new found love of control, power, and lack of moral limits could lead him to deal with him (leading to a big fallout with Skyler). I'd expect the issue to come up again, whichever way it goes.

At the end of this latest episode, Skyler reminded me so much of Edie Falco in The Sopranos for some reason.

Not the strongest of episodes, but I liked the Skyler/Walt scenes. It's pretty apparent to me that Skyler will die in the near future, either by suicide or at Walt's hands.

Did anyone catch where the warehouse where they stored the methylene (sp?) barrels were located?

Dubstep Breaking Bad... interesting.

Skyler is losing it. I know I keep saying it, but it's awful, part of me just wants her to engage bitch-mode again. This is leading down a path I'm actually afraid to know. But can't stop watching.

Hank is having a great season, what faith I'm losing in Walt is moving towards him.

Happy 50th episode Breaking Bad! Also, we're half way through this year's offering of BB, and a quarter through the last season. I'm going to miss this show so much when it's gone. :(

Do you think Walt's back story will ever be further explored before the show ends? The reason why he left Gretchen and abandoned the profitable company that he co-founded has never been explained, and there has got to be a reason for that omission. I think it holds a key to understanding how Walt's personality can have changed so much in this short time.

I find this incredibly amusing. Unexplainable additional shattering, because of course if they left it in four pieces he'd immediately know what was up. So they decided to hit it with a hammer or something to make more pieces(and thus more believable he might not notice one of the missing).

EnDRB.jpg

T2d4j.jpg

Also, after he woke up... none of the pieces had actually been removed. (EDIT: Oh wait that tiny piece in the middle had been). That piece is NOT as large as the one that was actually missing, however.

hQO4q.jpg

I assume the piece he took is outside the frame, as otherwise he wouldn't have been been able to reach it.

I assume the piece he took is outside the frame, as otherwise he wouldn't have been been able to reach it.
Yeah but all the pieces were in the frame when the plate broke.

It's just bad filmography on their parts!

pretty high brow critical analysis in this thread huh guys

Tick-tock-tick-tock goes Walt's new cancer watch.

Skyler's waiting for the cancer, her ploy was to get the kids out of a dangerous situation and it worked. For the moment.

She's quite savvy herself, and not about to kill herself.

"Loose Threads"

The thread on the Heisenberg Hat that Walt won't stop fiddling with as they discuss Lydia. More importantly, Skyler tightening the floss around her finger in the teeth-brushing scene with Walt. I think she's going to strangle him next year. Of course, she'll die too, some how, and the kids will belong to Marie and Hank.

Gettin' pretty spicy.

Did we ever establish that Hank is sterile? Seems pretty obvious that they wanted kids at some point, as their house has four bedrooms (as mentioned in an early episode of season 4), and I've interpreted Hank's macho mannerisms as compensation for this fact.

That brings a new dimension to Walter Jr. and the baby moving in with them, I reckon.

It's the only sensible direction to take the plotline as far as Jr and the baby are concerned. At least within the writing style of the show.

What is kind of cool is the director of the episode is the dude who made the film Brick, which I suggest anyone who enjoys film see immediately.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rian_Johnson

He also directed the fan-favorite episode "Fly", he's pretty amazing.

Back