Breaking Bad - Season 5

And the whole Skyler thing, I don't get why he just doesn't move back to his condo. Would solve a big headache and potential problem. Unless of course he might be thinking about killing her, I'd imagine he could come up with some ways to make it not look suspicious.

it's a control thing. walt is making it pretty clear that he can return and bring things back to normal, and the first step to establishing that trust is by moving back in to his own home. it's quite territorial, really.

Re-watching S4 atm. Had forgot what an annoying brat Walter Jr is. "When are you guys gonna buy me a car?" Why does he think he's entitled to receive a car? Is that normal America teenage behaviour, or is he just being a twat? I think people are reluctant to criticize the character due to his (and the actor's) disease, otherwise he'd receive as much fan-hate as Skyler does.

Its definitely normal here in America. We've become a country that is so dependant on our parents and whatever wealth they have. Parents over the past twenty years have spoiled their kids in turn raising more spoiled kids.

America TV shows have changed drastically from the, 'no, Timmy! And that's final!' Motto to the whole, 'mommy, get me this now!!!! Or I'll kill you!!!.... OK hunny! Right away!'

It sucks. >_<

Also, I agree. Walt Jr. is a jerk, and his character really annoys me as well.

While I agree that in general American teens are pretty spoiled, I think you're being a little harsh about Walter Jr. I don't remember that scene perfectly, but I don't remember getting the impression that he really felt that entitled to it. I can't really think of any other particular time when he came off as anything other than a normal teenager, not anymore of a brat than you'd expect. Actually, I'd say he's showing a lot of restraint in his dealing with Walt and Skyler's relationship. It's an incredibly and blatantly ****ed up situation and he's absolutely clueless and helpless.

i know a lot of people here in the UK who have had help from their parents towards getting their first car, or in some lucky cases have had cars brought for them because of exam results/going to university, etc. so it's pretty common, perhaps not so much in the case of having mega expensive cars, but then that's just because walt is pretty astronomically rich at one point in the show (for someone in his current or former economic situation, at least)

i know a lot of people here in the UK who have had help from their parents towards getting their first car, or in some lucky cases have had cars brought for them because of exam results/going to university, etc. so it's pretty common, perhaps not so much in the case of having mega expensive cars, but then that's just because walt is pretty astronomically rich at one point in the show (for someone in his current or former economic situation, at least)
Getting financial help from your parents is fine, God knows I've been getting that myself at times. The problem I had was Walter Jr.'s attitude of entitlement. It's easy to forget, but when you rewatch seasons 3 and 4, it really comes off. It's particularly apparent when he actually gets a new car for his birthday at the end of season 4, and he's still disappointed that it wasn't a sport car or some shit. I mean, the car looked pretty damn good if you ask me, but he didn't show any sign of gratitude. Might be normal teenage behaviour, but it's still ****ing annoying.

Did Flynn start being a dick before or after Walt's "I won money in vegas" cover story? I can't quite remember.

I'm not sure if he did. I think the whole car thing is caused by the fact that Walt seemed to have no problem buying him his dream car, and then Skyler insisted it be taken back and Jr. is left in confusion because they can't really explain to him why it's necessary. He's getting more and more fed up with being left in the dark, so I think his behavior is kind of warranted.

I'm not sure if he did. I think the whole car thing is caused by the fact that Walt seemed to have no problem buying him his dream car, and then Skyler insisted it be taken back and Jr. is left in confusion because they can't really explain to him why it's necessary. He's getting more and more fed up with being left in the dark, so I think his behavior is kind of warranted.

I don't care. I'll kill him regardless. :l

I got a car last month for my 18th... I didn't expect it, it was just a nice surprise from my brother and mum.

I didn't expect it, it was just an awesome surprise. I agree with Veggie on this one, Jr. keeps on getting screwed over, even if the PT Loser was a good first car, it was disappointing by comparison to his original car.

A PT Cruiser is never a good car, regardless of circumstances. I'd have been annoyed too.

A PT Cruiser is never a good car, regardless of circumstances. I'd have been annoyed too.

If you ever get a PT Cruiser, be sure to give that shit to me. I'll take that over nothing any day of the week.

Stunning, beautiful, funny and deeply upsetting . That episode encapsulated exactly what Breaking Bad is. I'm just in awe.

Amazing ep.

I felt so nervous when the cops arrived at the park. God damn.

Great episode, I was just waiting for Walt to off Mike at some point.

I'm a little surprised that we haven't seen more of the German corporation, why would they bother to introduce them in the first episode, and then just leave them out of the story altogether?

Lydia ran the Madrigal relations and is making sure things stay hush and Mike was paying everyone else who knew internally to stay quiet, as expressed after the first cook in season 5.

Madrigal is a problem now that Lydia is the only of Fring's crew assisting Walt. But who the **** trusts Lydia. It's all going to be a huge mess after this last episode with the money-man being arrested by Gomez and the sad denouement.

Another awesome episode. I can see shit spiraling even more out of control. Can't wait for the season finale

I've see a lot of people pissed off at Walt for killing Mike. Yet Mike almost killed Walt in the previous episode. Mike in the end was a threat to Walt. Once he made the deal Mike was no longer needed. Mike knew Walt would not just let Jesse walk away which is why he told him to only look out for himself.

There was a minor detail which makes Breaking Bad an amazing show. We all see Mike as always being one step ahead and smarter than everyone else. However he's been in the game so long that he was becoming washed up. When he was throwing his guns and laptop away you see him grabbing his back in pain. This little detail shows that even though he's still smarter than almost everyone else he's lost a step or two. Letting Lydia and Walt live and allowing Walt to pickup the Money even with the gun in the bag. Amazing show!

You do not get to the top by letting people that will not submit stand in your way.

Great episode, I was just waiting for Walt to off Mike at some point.

I'm a little surprised that we haven't seen more of the German corporation, why would they bother to introduce them in the first episode, and then just leave them out of the story altogether?

You should get in the habit of not caring about or going anywhere near this thread unless you're all caught up. I never read this thread until I watch the episode each week.

You should get in the habit of not caring about or going anywhere near this thread unless you're all caught up. I never read this thread until I watch the episode each week.
Quoted the wrong post?

Well, I never go in this thread until I've watched the latest episode. Shouldda just put *SPOILERS* in the thread title or something. Anyway, once again, a BB episode leaves me with my mouth hanging at the end. Holy shit.

Generally people seem disciplined in terms of spoilering their shit here. I came into this thread before watching the latest episode, to see posts such as

Amazing ep. [nice spoiler tags, what a considerate person this Vegeta fella is]

and

Stunning, beautiful, funny and deeply upsetting . That episode encapsulated exactly what Breaking Bad is. I'm just in awe.

and

Another awesome episode. I can see shit spiraling even more out of control. Can't wait for the season finale

to get myself pumped for the episode.

LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW THE NEXT EPISODE IS GOING TO BE AMAZING.

But I see your point. Not that I haven't been spoilering my crap anyway, because I am a decent fellow and other related business.

Quoted the wrong post?

I... I... I don't know.

I could have sworn I read you complaining about people spoilering stuff you wish you hadn't read before watching the episode.

I... I... I don't know.

I could have sworn I read you complaining about people spoilering stuff you wish you hadn't read before watching the episode.
Maybe you were referencing Unfocused's post.

Maybe you were referencing Unfocused's post.

Ohhhh. Yeah, that's what happened. I saw your name in his post and went up to your post and quoted it without realizing it was hist post I needed to do.

My sincerest "f*ck you" to whoever made the decision to milk this show out longer and have us wait until 2013 for Season 6. Wait, it's still Season 5. But it's airing a year after the final episode of this year's installment. But it's still Season 5. What?

And on a lighter note, my sincerest "f*ck you" to Vince Gilligan for the most ridiculous cliff-hanger yet.

I lost respect for AMC ever since they started airing CSI Miami.
If it weren't for the fact that Mad Men, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad are all great shows, I still wouldn't respect them. I respected them when I could watch classic movies, not shitty 1.5 star action movies that made $16k at the box office.

And on a lighter note, my sincerest "f*ck you" to Vince Gilligan for the most ridiculous cliff-hanger yet.

This is retarded on so many levels. If you don't like the show, why do you watch it? Most ridiculous cliff-hanger yet? If you thought the cliff-hangers previously were bad, why would you continue with the show?

Give some reason for why you where underwhelmed (or whatever), don't say f*ck you to Vince Gilligan, the man who gave us Breaking Bad in the first place.

-

Food for thought guys, how do you think they'll time-lapse 9 months into 8 episodes? Even with that montage it's only been 3 months since Walt's 51st birthday.
The only explanation I can come up with is that the prelude thing we're shown isn't actually his birthday (since his identity has changed anyway.) But that's fundamentally flawed by asking, why would he celebrate a fake birthday? Sure as shit not to get the free breakfast at Denny's; Skyler sprays his big pile of money for silver-fish everyday.

This is retarded on so many levels. If you don't like the show, why do you watch it? Most ridiculous cliff-hanger yet? If you thought the cliff-hangers previously were bad, why would you continue with the show?

Give some reason for why you where underwhelmed (or whatever), don't say f*ck you to Vince Gilligan, the man who gave us Breaking Bad in the first place.
haha, you dont get.

-

Food for thought guys, how do you think they'll time-lapse 9 months into 8 episodes? Even with that montage it's only been 3 months since Walt's 51st birthday.
The only explanation I can come up with is that the prelude thing we're shown isn't actually his birthday (since his identity has changed anyway.) But that's fundamentally flawed by asking, why would he celebrate a fake birthday? Sure as shit not to get the free breakfast at Denny's; Skyler sprays his big pile of money for silver-fish everyday.
Nice try, but it's a shame you misread my post.

I legitimately stopped liking the show for about an hour after Walt killed that one guy (to avoid spoilers for people who haven't watched the fifth season yet) and Todd helped him dispose of him. For an hour. The last episode was amazing.

Settle down. It's okay.

Where did I misread your post? I'm thoroughly confused?

I don't think it was a misreading as much as it was a misinterpreting.

I think Clay was calling it ridiculous in terms of how it's one of the biggest "Oh Shit" moments in Breaking Bad to date, rather than calling it ridiculous in a negative way. As for the "f*ck you" comments, I'm pretty sure he was joking.

I feel for all the other BB Fans out there who are equally dying to see the next half of the final series knowing that we have to wait to Summer 2013 to see it and knowing that it's not because they need that time to film it but because they're just keeping us hanging so that we all explode when it's time for the last episodes to air. Cliffhanger of the decade right here.

My sincerest "f*ck you" to whoever made the decision to milk this show out longer and have us wait until 2013 for Season 6. Wait, it's still Season 5. But it's airing a year after the final episode of this year's installment. But it's still Season 5. What?

television networks have been doing this since LOST was running it's original air date.

i don't think it's really a big deal the way tv is scheduled these days: in the time when there is no mad men or game of thrones, there is now breaking bad and dexter. it breaks it up nicely, or at least for me it does.

Its like when Jesse says something is "the shit". He's not saying he considers it fecal matter, he's saying its awesome. Or like when someone plays a horror game, gets scared, says "**** this game and whoever made it" and then keeps playing because they're having fun.

Also, on the Colbert Report, Vince Gilligan said the writers are still working on it. Made it seem like they're not even sure how its going to end, let alone done filming it.

Back