Breaking Bad - Season 5

Also, on the Colbert Report, Vince Gilligan said the writers are still working on it. Made it seem like they're not even sure how its going to end, let alone done filming it.
OHGODWAT. I didn't even know this.

My apologies, Clay. I thought you were trolling. My bad.

^ See. No good can ever come from splitting a season (for a whole year to boot).

I don't think splitting the season made the script any more vulnerable to getting stolen. How would it have? The writers were still working on the ending when the first half of the season ended.

How would having the whole season play at once have prevented this?

Well... the show would have been over by the time this got stolen?
??? This doesn't make sense. Why would anyone want to steal a script for a show that was already over?

Unless you're joking.

??? This doesn't make sense. Why would anyone want to steal a script for a show that was already over?

Unless you're joking.
What? Thats my point. Thats how it would have prevented it... They guy wouldn't have stolen it because there would be no point. And also Cranston would probably not have had the script in his car still. Thats two ways that not splitting the season up would have prevented the script from being stolen.

and **** off bhc im not using apostrophes in this post

I just think that's a silly thing to say. It's like if you got mugged tomorrow while on the way home from work, and I said "well if you didn't have that job you wouldn't have been mugged!"

The script being finished a significant time before airing is what the problem was. This is not directly caused by the splitting of the season. Any show could have a finished script sitting somewhere long before the show aired, without any split seasons.

We're not talking about "any" show. You asked how Breaking Bad not splitting its final season would have prevented this Breaking Bad script from being stolen. I answered. Just admit that you got told, damn.

I still don't get how those 2 things are related. What if the season wasn't split? The script would still be in existence a significant amount of time before the ending aired. And someone could have stolen it. Why would Cranston not have had it in his car? Do you know why he had it in his car? And it's not like that's even the only place it could have been stolen from.

He didn't manage to steal it until now, so its obvious that if the show was done when it would have been had it not been split, he wouldn't have stolen it. How can you even argue this?

He didn't manage to steal it until now, so its obvious that if the show was done when it would have been had it not been split, he wouldn't have stolen it. How can you even argue this?
But if the show had finished when it would have if it hadn't split, the script would have been in existence at an earlier point than it was.

How can you argue about what would or wouldn't have happened if the situation was different? There is absolutely no basis for it. Saying that the show would have been over by now if the season hadn't split is completely irrelevant because that would change other things. You can't just isolate a single factor and have it change without affecting anything else, and act like that's the reason why it happened.

Unless the guy who did it came out and said "I did it because they split the season!", it doesn't hold water.

I refer you back to my example of you getting mugged. I could say if you didn't have that job, you wouldn't have been mugged. I could say if you didn't walk down that particular street, you wouldn't have been mugged. I could say if you left 5 minutes earlier you wouldn't have been mugged. Does that make any of those things the reason you were mugged?

You're isolating the single variable that the season was split over 2 years, as if that's the entire reason why, and there's no way it would have been stolen otherwise. Are you kidding me? How about the fact that it's the conclusion to one of the most popular TV shows in America? How does it being in Cranston's car have any relevance? Is he the only person on earth with a car that can be broken into?

I really hope you've gotten good at trolling me, because I feel ridiculous explaining this.

Does that make any of those things the reason you were mugged?
Of course not you silly man. But doing one of those things differently would have changed how the future played out, and pretty much guaranteeing you don't get mugged because you wouldn't end up in that particular set of circumstances that led to you getting mugged.

I'm not saying that splitting the season is WHY it got stolen, but not splitting the season would have prevented this guy from stealing it because it would have changed the circumstances that enabled this smash-and-grab thief to steal it. And the question YOU ASKED was how would it have "PREVENTED" it from happening.

I'm not saying that splitting the season is WHY it got stolen, but not splitting the season would have prevented this guy from stealing it because it would have changed the circumstances that enabled this smash-and-grab thief to steal it. And the question YOU ASKED was how would it have "PREVENTED" it from happening.
Okay, but I meant the incident in general, not specifically that guy at that place in that car, obviously. Yes, if circumstances were different that particular incident wouldn't have happened. But it doesn't matter to us who stole it or how, does it? The fact that it was stolen and may be leaked is what matters.

My point is, I don't think the odds of the script being stolen in general would be any different if the season wasn't split. At least, I don't think anyone could make that kind of claim.

So I just scrolled quickly through this thread to avoid spoilers, just to say I finally finished the end of Season 4. Holy hell what a finale. Can't wait to start watching the 5th season!

Hank is pissed.

I'm not really liking the tagline that much for the final season: "ALL BAD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END."

Edit: Just found this.
SXE8VDC.jpg

"REMEMBER MY NAME." Should be the tagline, way better.

Lol. The teaser's revealed absolutely nothing except that Jesse has a roach problem and that Hank is angry.

I could not have predicted that Hank would still be angry and Jesse would still be socially disconnected. Thanks to these trailers, I no longer have to speculate.

Not the first Jesse scene with a roach in it. Can't remember which episode the other is in

I hope Hank blows his brains out after realizing that his treatment/physical therapy was paid for with Meth money and that his brother is a drug kingpin. Dude's career is ****ed

Begin blind speculation (below is only based upon the previous 4.5 seasons and the roach fact, no leaked info or anything like that. Some details of the last half season might also just be wrong, because, hey, it's been a while):

Jesse is forced to get his house bug-bombed forcing him to cross paths with the-guy-who-shot-the-kid. This leads him to finding out that Walt cooked with him for a long time, that he gave the operation to this kid-shooter when he retired (probably not the case at all, but y'know, speculation) getting him super pissed and causing them to have conflict/meet up again. I also still think a car wash would be a perfect meth distribution platform in the right conditions and maybe that could still happen, but doubtful, since money, and thus meth, is no longer an object and so there would be no reason to take such an enormous risk. But Walt has obviously grown a big ego and propensity for acting boldly and taking risks even when unnecessary.

Also, just random thoughts, also just based on last 4.5 seasons.
I think it's really interesting that Gilligan has undone all of Walt's criminal activity and associations leading into this season. It's almost a reset button. Walt isn't currently doing anything wrong and Hank taking him down would only result in just that, Walt getting in trouble (and all relational splash damage that goes with it) rather than having any effect on the drug trade whatsoever. And now Skylar is guilty of being both aware of Walt's actions and assisting in the financial cover up of them, thus his fairly innocent wife, and indirectly both of Walt's children, stand to have their lives' suffer considerably, particularly Holly who would essentially just lose her parents. So we're in a situation where Walt is acting in his and his family's own defense, not so that he can continue to be a meth kingpin, just so that they can continue their normal lives. This is a fairly sympathetic situation akin to the very beginning of Breaking Bad. The difference being that Walter is no longer the man who waits around for two days debating whether to kill a man who almost definitely would kill his entire family and has already acted violently towards him, only doing it when he knows for sure that the man is planning to kill him the minute he shows mercy. Now he is the man who would actively try to murder a man who he saw as a vague/potential threat. Walt is now capable of anything. Instead of seeing the slow and subtle transformation of good man to bad, now we will see it happen suddenly and explosively.

PREMIERE TONIGHT! Get excited, prepare your buttholes, etc.

For those who need a quick refresh.

Back