Breaking Bad - Season 5

I like how Lydia came to Walt's legitimate place of work to annoy him with a business proposal. Just like Walt when he was trying to get through to Gus at Los Pollos. And Skyler in that scene. Damn guuurrl.

Just started rewatching the series from the beginning. Havent seen the first episodes in years. Holy shit was the tone different. I didn't remember how heartbreaking the first 5 episodes were. Walt's fallen a long ****ing way.

Verbally tortured baby, check.
It may have been just me, but that scene made the whole thing feel so real. The problem with shows like this where the horrible secret is finally out, is that the reactions of other people always seem unbelievable. The way they react seems too toned down, or too over the top.

That scene was completely believable to me. And it made it kind of hard to take.
This show is incredible.

Not the word I would use, but I think I know what you mean.

God damn he is pissed. Next episode is going to be crazy.

Bullet's in the chamber now, eyah?

HOLY SHIT. Walt's "confession" was a masterstroke. This show is well and truly starting to rev its engines for the finale. The end is in sight.

All throughout Walt's panicked "The uh vending machine, uh latch is uh latching, uh... I'll be right back", I was expecting Jesse to drive through the shop window, or shoot Skyler where she stood. But then *that* happened (that "GASOLINE DANGER"). I literally sat in silence for at least 5 minutes.

This show is amazing.

BURN BURN BURN BURN

now really, this show is no less than a masterpiece.

The only issue I have with this episode regards Jesse's automatic realization that "Walt poisoned Brock". Without a doubt, we all know he did. But I think Jesse is smart enough to consider alternative scenarios here. I mean, the doctors even indicated that the poisoning element was "Lily of the Valley", not Ricin. Walt could just argue that he asked Saul to get the cigarette because Walt wanted to kill Gus with it (as an alternative plan to the bomb). Perhaps Walt could even argue that he didn't trust Jesse with it for fear of Jesse using it on him since Jesse seemed to be siding with Gus/Mike at that time.

I understand that Walt only asked Saul to get the cigarette to eventually convince Jesse that it was evidence that Gus used it to poison Brock. I mean, Jesse doesn't find out that Brock was poisoned with "Lily of the Valley" until later. Without Walt doing that, Jesse would have just concluded that Brock "got sick" or had a strong case of the flu or something (thus eliminating Walt's chances of manipulating Jesse into siding with him).

Maybe Jesse is just so psychologically ****ed at the moment that he isn't rationalizing alternative scenarios. Who knows. He obviously realizes that he has been manipulated by Walt for pretty much the entire series. I'd be willing to bet Walt convinces him otherwise using the above argument or something similar. The "Next On" clip shows that Jesse didn't actually burn the house down. I wonder how Walt is going to explain the gasoline smell to Skyler and the kids...

Really Jesse? The assassin hired by Walt is going to just lock eyes with you and stand there? It's a lame coincidence to bring the plot to wherever it's going.

Really Jesse? The assassin hired by Walt is going to just lock eyes with you and stand there? It's a lame coincidence to bring the plot to wherever it's going.
It's not really that big of coincidence for a hyper paranoid person to find something suspicious about a meet-up. If it wasn't that guy, it might have been someone, or something else.

Just started rewatching the series from the beginning. Havent seen the first episodes in years. Holy shit was the tone different. I didn't remember how heartbreaking the first 5 episodes were. Walt's fallen a long ****ing way.
I know I have also started rewatching, amazing the change!

It's not really that big of coincidence for a hyper paranoid person to find something suspicious about a meet-up. If it wasn't that guy, it might have been someone, or something else.
Yeah, let's not forget that Jesse is totally f*cked in the head right now. He's not exactly going to have been processing completely logical and rational thoughts while standing in an open area full people he thinks could potentially end his life. I mean, come on, he drove down a street throwing drug money out of the window and ran around a house splashing gasoline everywhere with the intent to burn that shit down. He's pretty off the rails mentally.

Besides, that little girl was clearly just for his cover story.

My predictions:

-Walt's going to fake his own death via Todd's uncle
-Junior ends up finding out that Dad is gambling again
-Gomie sees Walt's "confession" and informs the rest of the DEA
-Hank is detained
-Realizes he is screwed, blows his brains out
-Jesse does some crazy shit and ends up getting in trouble with the nazis/meth bros
-Walter returns to do something somehow related to Jesse

Much of the flashforwards lead us to believe that Walt's role as a meth kingpin becomes something like public knowledge and it doesn't seem to suggest people think he's a secondary stooge to Hank, which suggests the story didn't come out as his confession told it nor would it really matter if the gambling thing came up again. I think it'd be highly unlikely Hank would leave the DVD in a place where it might be found given that he literally just completely found Walter out through a seemingly unimportant item left in a random place in his house, and I highly doubt Gomez would believe it given he just saw Jesse's complete confession and his perspective is so close to Hank. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Hank showed it to him himself.

Holy ****.

They have horrible aim.

Ok that was a pretty good plan by Jesse. Hell of a spot to end the episode.

We need to protect Walt so he can cook for us. I know! Lets shoot the **** out of the car he's in!

Holy ****.

They have horrible aim.

Pretty good plan by Hank, you mean. Jesse's plan was: "Walt has some money somewhere probably"

That phone call totally reeked of a goodbye. Notice how nobody in this show never says "I love you"? Hank is done-zo for sure

Holy ****.

They have horrible aim.

Agreeing with this. Dramatic effect poor aiming sucks. Pretty sure with the amount of firepower coming at them, at least one of them (Hank / Gomez) would have been swiss cheese. But hey, it could still happen next ep. Another jaw-dropping finish though. Gilligan and Co. really know how to finish a Goddamn episode.

They were probably wearing vests (as alluded to earlier by Saul wearing one), but even if they survive, the Walter White Supremacists would finish them off (like Declan).

This shot shows they weren't quite as exposed as it seemed during the action:

aCgA7VS.jpg

They were probably wearing vests (as alluded to earlier by Saul wearing one), but even if they survive, the Walter White Supremacists would finish them off (like Declan).

This shot shows they weren't quite as exposed as it seemed during the action:

aCgA7VS.jpg

Plus, if you watch the behind-the-scenes for the episode, you'll see that Hank and Gomie were only exposed to gunfire for about 3 seconds. The slow motion in the actual scene made it seem as if they were out in the open for far longer than they were. And at that distance, it's not surprising at all that nobody got hit.

Jesus. Christ. In. A. Handbasket.
You understate it. I can't believe how ****ed the whole thing just got. God damn. The acting and writing was so ****ing realistic it was almost hard to even watch.

Am I the only one who thought this episode was kinda... painful... to watch?

Back