Image Dump IX (ALL POSTS MUST CONTAIN PICTURES)

WBRRE.jpg

.... I got nothin'

Yes, Raz is correct. Its whats happening inside your car's engine. the two things on the upper left and right of the image are the exhaust valves and intake valves opening and closing. The thing between them is the spark plug, and the round cylinder shaped thing in the bottom middle is the, well, cylinder. The mist coming out of the right (intake) valve is gas, and then the spark plug ignites it (thats why you see fire)

incredibleart500x1019.jpg

that kinect manual is just so dumb,dam I hope kinect fail tot he ground

original.jpg

that kinect manual is just so dumb,dam I hope kinect fail tot he ground
That's completely fake.

Why do you hope it fails? MS spent $30,000 on the first Kinect Prototype, while you can get it for $150 or less, and is ushering in advances in motion detection and voice recognition technology software and hardware that will be commonplace in the future - like touchscreen is now. I personally would like a smart home.

roundbike.jpg

yougonnagetraped750x562.jpg

fatcomputer.jpg

Why do you hope it fails? MS spent $300,000 on the first Kinect Prototype, while you can get it for $150 or less, and is ushering in advances in motion detection and voice recognition technology software and hardware

No it isn't. All that technology has been around for ages. The only reason its getting attention now is because Microsoft decided to use it, and subsequently did what nobody else did, and advertise it. Now people think its newfangled technology thats so hip and cool, just like 3D imagery, when really its old and not quite as cool as it sounds.

1287296306506.jpg

Yes, but it hasn't been used as a video game accessory for a mass market. People seem to think we can get to some amazing interactive video game experience without wading through all the shit first.

yogapenis.jpg

No it isn't. All that technology has been around for ages. The only reason its getting attention now is because Microsoft decided to use it, and subsequently did what nobody else did, and advertise it. Now people think its newfangled technology thats so hip and cool, just like 3D imagery, when really its old and not quite as cool as it sounds.
Well, what do you know?

Did you know it has an near-infrared beam that shines 'invisible' light on you so that it can still track your movements in dark rooms? Did you know that it can tell when people are identical twins, and require a speech signature to differentiate them? Did you know that it can recognize voices, (for example, it will ignore things like "Xbox turn off" unless it is in my voice), and my voice can be used as the 'password'? Did you know that it can track you as you move forward and back, and still work when people are wearing baggy clothes or a dress? That eventually, the technology could be updated to be able to tell that you are wearing a Washington Redskins jersey and switch the commentary of the football game to the Reskins team? That it can recognize the faces (also voices, as I said) of players for individual profiles on the console? In fact, I would assume that it could tell if you are leaning while playing a 3D game, and adjust the viewpoint in the game - like we've talked about before - "seeing around corners". You know you can use it at the same time you are using the controller, of course. These are all pretty cool and useful things that aren't "tech that's been around for ages."

fabdsoo2.jpg

Yes, Raz is correct. Its whats happening inside your car's engine. the two things on the upper left and right of the image are the exhaust valves and intake valves opening and closing. The thing between them is the spark plug, and the round cylinder shaped thing in the bottom middle is the, well, cylinder. The mist coming out of the right (intake) valve is gas, and then the spark plug ignites it (thats why you see fire)
Lies!

1zl5hk5.gif

*EDIT* More pictures!

mtnlg4.gif

k0nrW.jpg

2pyxjzd.jpg

o7sllv.jpg

2ajoz05.jpg

These are all pretty cool and useful things that aren't "tech that's been around for ages."

Yes they have, each one of those things you've mentioned have existed for some time. These are not advances in technology. Microsoft is combining all these elements in a theoretically neat way, but they're not advancing technology at all.

1287296240625.jpg

Yes they have, each one of those things you've mentioned have existed for some time. These are not advances in technology. Microsoft is combining all these elements in a theoretically neat way, but they're not advancing technology at all.

I suppose you are mostly right, at least, (if not completely) in that these technologies have been developed years ago, however don't you think that combined, this is a new technology in itself?

Well, I do. Because what you are saying is perhaps the equivalent of saying that the D-Pad that premiered on the Nintendo Entertainment System was just simply buttons - a technology that had been around for like 50 years or more.

nestinmolding.jpg

Everything Vegeta posts is an affront to humanity and nature. <3

(c)2010 Alpha Shade

I'm short sighted but I can see everything perfectly if its displayed AT ARMS LENGTH IN FRONT OF MY FACE.
B_0208_Ergonomics3.gif

Back