Mass Effect 3

They're still selling it on basically every other digital store, not to mention bricks and mortar retailers. Can you really think of no other reason EA might want to avoid Steam, the biggest digital distributor on the ****ing internet, besides "greed"?

There certainly may be other reasons. And I'm sure other distributors have different TOS' and fees for their services. But already knowing that EA likes to go headfirst into most of their antics (churning out Madden amongst other repeat titles for all the revenue) I can't help but think that it certainly is the biggest reason.

The saves are stored in My Docs, and it doesn't matter what service the game is delivered via the save games will still load into ME3 just fine. So no, there won't be a lot of very unhappy customers.
Thanks for the info about the docs flowing through, but the fact remains that there still will be because a LOT of Steam users are like me and are extremely satisfied with their digital gaming platform of choice and have absolutely no interest in installing another on their machine. Steam has the best deals, the best community, the best support, the best integration. Why in the world would someone want to switch to a lesser version of this, esp. if their friends are all on Steam? I can't believe after the Steam statistics that just came about about Skyrim over the holidays that EA would be so short-sighted as to NOT want to release ME3 on that platform as well.

In case anyone didn't see in the other thread, if you play the Reckoning Demo coming out tomorrow you get a free Armor and Weapon for Commander Shepard in ME3.

http://reckoning.amalur.com/r/exclusive-offers/reckoning-and-mass-effect-3

A little out of place. But still pretty cool, especially since it's free.
xCtCC.jpg

Hopefully we can toggle the helmet on/off. It was a minor nuisance in ME2.

Thanks for the info about the docs flowing through, but the fact remains that there still will be because a LOT of Steam users are like me and are extremely satisfied with their digital gaming platform of choice and have absolutely no interest in installing another on their machine. Steam has the best deals, the best community, the best support, the best integration. Why in the world would someone want to switch to a lesser version of this, esp. if their friends are all on Steam? I can't believe after the Steam statistics that just came about about Skyrim over the holidays that EA would be so short-sighted as to NOT want to release ME3 on that platform as well.

Don't worry too much Vict, I agree with you. They had the first two on Steam, they should offer the 3rd there as well.

I don't care for the distribution platforms. I'm more interested in the games themselves. I want to play, that's all. What a strange person I am.

I don't care for the distribution platforms. I'm more interested in the games themselves. I want to play, that's all. What a strange person I am.

As long as youre not thinking of having of having fun whilst you do so. That would be weird.

Trying to play through the first again as a new character. ohhhhh goddddd it hurts

Chuck it on the easiest difficulty and pick soldier. Class don't matter since you can change it when you import into #2 anyway. Also gender. Too bad nobody notices. :v

Don't worry too much Vict, I agree with you. They had the first two on Steam, they should offer the 3rd there as well.
Exactly. Just nice to have it all in one place and not spread out over different distribution channels. May have to rent 2 + 3 for PS3 then since it would be nice to see the conclusion.

This is just more motivation for me to pick it up on the 360 rather than PC.

Supposedly, the demo comes out next month. I'll be waiting.

Just beat ME2 and can't wait for this.

I don't even care if it uses Origin exclusively at this point, so long as it's just as long as previous games and is well made.
Though, I don't like the idea that multiplayer affects the singleplayer.

^^Aren't the co-op missions available in singleplayer? So, that you could gain the benefits of those missions without having to drag someone else along with you? It would really suck if the best ending was reserved only for those that dug into the multiplayer.

Didn't BioWare make it clear that the multiplayer is just an alternate way to get the best ending and not the only way?

Maybe they did, I can't remember, that's why I was asking.

Multiplayer is another way to get "war assets" or whatever they've been calling it. Shepard gets them in single player by winning over the various species and factions through story missions.

So if your Shepard is a terrible diplomat, just play a few rounds of multiplayer.

Demo is out today. Download it on Origin. I'm at 90% so far. Has anyone else gotten to play it yet?

The graphics are terrible, as expected from a demo (minimum quality textures and the sort), the animations seem off in some parts - the most annoying being the horrible sprinting, like something from Looney Toons.

Oooh, I didn't know anything about a demo! Downloading now.

DM, are the graphics worse than Mass Effect 2 or what?

It's been dumbed down for the demo, at least for the PC. The textures are supposedly half the size and here's some things ME2 had that this demo lacks.

Untitled-1.jpg

The graphics are terrible, as expected from a demo (minimum quality textures and the sort), the animations seem off in some parts - the most annoying being the horrible sprinting, like something from Looney Toons.

On top of that, I also noticed a lot of recycled ME2 animations during the cut scenes. Not really a game breaker, but it's always something that irked me in ME and Human Revolution.

Nothing looked improved vs Mass Effect 2. And a lot of things didn't really make sense. How are six of those Reaper creatures supposed to come out of some sort of meteor no taller than one of them, and immediately upon impact? Why was the conversation with the child so utterly pointless? Where did the Admiral get the gun he gives you, and then the gun that he has afterwards? Not to mention the poor rendering of physics - the chain in Shepard's hand near the end is completely static, large Reaper crawler-ships have no sense of weight to them while moving - along with PS2-level particle effects, a ridiculous survival-by-conveniently-shaped-object, and bad, bad writing throughout.

Everything just looks so... uninspired. And the voice actors all sound like robots.

On top of that, I also noticed a lot of recycled ME2 animations during the cut scenes. Not really a game breaker, but it's always something that irked me in ME and Human Revolution.
Bioware is no stranger to recycling assets and animations and even palette swapping. Probably why.

Space Man Decision Maker Action w/ Meaningful Dialogue Game feat. Downloadable Spike'y armor Content

Finish the Fight, Humanities Last Stand, Eat Popsicles, something something

Haha, one minute Anderson's like "what the hell are those things" and then he's like "we have company" when they get dropped in like oh yeah those asteroid things I've never seen are totally the dudes we were just fighting and also I knew one was going to drop right on top of us even though I was pointing to those other ones like a mile away. And then you're waiting for evac and Anderson's like "I hope they get here soon." REALLY? DO YOU? IDUNNO MAN I WAS HOPING THEY'D GIVE US SOME QUALITY TIME WITH THESE BLOATED ASSHOLES BUT ALRIGHT WHATEVER.

Also why was that kid like "you can't help me" like he knows something Shepard doesn't even though he totally doesn't and dies just like every other chump there and also Shepard actually could've helped him but they had to like, MAKE IT INTO A MOMENT or something because it's all HARDCORE EMOTION MAKE-FEELER 3.0 APOCALYPSE EDITION man who is writing this shit now has it always been this bad?

Edit: btw Ashley looks ****ing horrendous now I'm pretty glad I killed her tbh.

So Mass Effect went from being a Micheal Man Experience to being a...Michael Bay flick,agreed?
lol

I don't understand how a game can be released one year after L.A. Noire, two years after Enslaved end eight years after HL2 with so shitty facial animations. All the big dramatic moments fall apart (partly) because these ****ing robots they call characters can't emote for shit.

Also **** "Newt", I always thought Alien was the superior movie.

The demo did have a late title card though, so it got some things going for it.

Haha, one minute Anderson's like "what the hell are those things" and then he's like "we have company" when they get dropped in like oh yeah those asteroid things I've never seen are totally the dudes we were just fighting and also I knew one was going to drop right on top of us even though I was pointing to those other ones like a mile away. And then you're waiting for evac and Anderson's like "I hope they get here soon." REALLY? DO YOU? IDUNNO MAN I WAS HOPING THEY'D GIVE US SOME QUALITY TIME WITH THESE BLOATED ASSHOLES BUT ALRIGHT WHATEVER.

Also why was that kid like "you can't help me" like he knows something Shepard doesn't even though he totally doesn't and dies just like every other chump there and also Shepard actually could've helped him but they had to like, MAKE IT INTO A MOMENT or something because it's all HARDCORE EMOTION MAKE-FEELER 3.0 APOCALYPSE EDITION man who is writing this shit now has it always been this bad?

Edit: btw Ashley looks ****ing horrendous now I'm pretty glad I killed her tbh.

Ah man you killed me, I was almost crying with laughter.

mass effect has always been incredibly over the top cheesy when it comes to it's bigger action sequences - it's b-movie sci-fi at it's lamest. completely fine to enjoy it in the same way forbiddon planet, lost in space or silent running are enjoyable films.

reckon the game will be fine in time for release. in the time battlefield 3 was changed from it's demo state to final release (albeit it is still buggy, but what isn't?), the game changed pretty drastically. all this negative press is good, should hopefully mean change.

that isn't to say the demo isn't without its fault but... i dunno, it looks like mass effect to me. the high-octane action sequences were never the games strongest parts.

Back