Post your latest purchases with pics (NO STOCK IMAGES)

purchses.jpg

Pretty good deals on all items shown.

4234.png

Wooo wee! Finally managed to scrap together enough money for this. Analogue heaven, here I come!

I love my new mouse. Was on a Mx518 before; this totally blows it away.

I also have those two mice! WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

Just joking, but if you had the same laptop as me, I would be scared right now.

I really wish I had a new mouse. I'm using a freebie one now. The tubing around the wires has split apart and the mousewheel doesn't scroll anymore. Probably won't get a new mouse though. I've always felt they're more expensive than they ought to be.

I really wish I had a new mouse. I'm using a freebie one now. The tubing around the wires has split apart and the mousewheel doesn't scroll anymore. Probably won't get a new mouse though. I've always felt they're more expensive than they ought to be.

You can get a very good quality stock Logitec mouse for $5 at walmart... Corded and optical.

You can save a lot by getting an older model.

Also, if you have a small monitor you probably don't need a super fast (high DPI) mouse, and you can get away with a $5-$10 mouse.

Here you go, I sorted them for you according to the most popular ones: http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=65&name=Mice&Order=REVIEWS

Recommended for my mom a $5 Rosewill (discontinued?) that's been working great for a couple of years. By using the reviews, you won't buy a lemon.

do they make an optical mouse with a silent scroll wheel. the clicking isn't loud but the scroll wheel is really loud

New headphones. Audio Technica ATH-AD700s retail $200AUD (could have imported for much cheaper but meh).

Old headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-234 Pro purchased for $150 back in the day.

PSP Game: MGS Peace Walker

do they make an optical mouse with a silent scroll wheel. the clicking isn't loud but the scroll wheel is really loud
Logitech VX Revolution

http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40369

I tried one in the store on display (not hooked up to a PC). The wheel has a rubber grip. It's got bearings or something, making it spin very freely and it's got some weight so you can flick the wheel and it spinssssssssss, which makes long documents a breeze. The rubber grip on it makes it easy to stop in its tracks. You can also just move it up slowly. It has a switch on the bottom so you can enable a slight stepping (quiet clicking) if you prefer.

Shopping: This mouse was $100 when it came out a few years ago.

Thanks guys. For some reason I'd only looked on Best Buy and gave up haha. Maybe I'll get a Walmart one (cheaper shipping). I just need a usb mouse for my laptop.

Logitech VX Revolution

http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40369

I tried one in the store on display (not hooked up to a PC). The wheel has a rubber grip. It's got bearings or something, making it spin very freely and it's got some weight so you can flick the wheel and it spinssssssssss, which makes long documents a breeze. The rubber grip on it makes it easy to stop in its tracks. You can also just move it up slowly. It has a switch on the bottom so you can enable a slight stepping (quiet clicking) if you prefer.

Shopping: This mouse was $100 when it came out a few years ago.

I just stopped using one of these, because the middle-mouse press is terrible - it really messes you up in games (Alien vs Predator springs to mind) and in some applications (3D Studio)
I got me a nice MX518 instead.

I just stopped using one of these, because the middle-mouse press is terrible - it really messes you up in games (Alien vs Predator springs to mind) and in some applications (3D Studio)
I got me a nice MX518 instead.

I've not had any problems with it in maya or any game I've played. Though admittedly I don't play many games where MMB needs to be pressed. The only issue I have with the button is that sometimes when I try to open links or images up in new tabs by pressing it is sometimes it will scroll up slightly when I go to click, making me miss the link.

I've been using the same $15 basic logitech laser mouse for over a year now. Works well in games and I haven't had any problems so far. Logitech icon/symbol is starting to wear off from constant use though. I've completely worn the grip off. It's as smooth as a new computer screen.

I thought Metro2033 was a PC exclusive. @_@

The only difference is that the graphics are much better on the PC than 360. The 360's graphics are about a "medium-low" PC setting.

Represent. Only mouse I've owned where the buttons haven't crapped out on me after like a year.

The G5 is an amazing mouse. Its a bit more expensive than the usual mice, but the USB cable is wrapped in a rope-like, tough material. The whole thing just feels tough, even the skin has a raised effect to give you grip.

Weighted mouse of course, youre not really a gamer until youre sad enough to get a weighted mouse.

DSC_0013.jpg

Sold my fat 80gb as Im sick of lugging that things weight around. Lost my Demon's Souls savegame when backing up my 80gb HDD before selling it. Wont copy across. Not...happy.

DSC_0017.jpg

32gb. 16gb was out of stock on the first day.

Haters gon' hate.

Haters gon' hate.

Apple fans too it seems well unless they fixed that massively huge flaw already.

"We put the antenna on the outside it's good engineering."

No that's retarded engineering.

Well considering its the slimmest, best built phone with the best camera, arguably now the best battery life (38-or-so hours on a full charge with medium-heavy usage, one of the main reasons I bought it)...yeah, its good engineering. Have you gone to an Apple store yet and tried it?

Personally non of my signals have dropped at all as a result of touching the sides. Only time I lost my wi-fi signal was when I walked outside my house and the buffering stopped, but none of our devices in our house pick up signal outside anyway. Something in the walls. Stupid 90s engineering.

And putting the antenna on the outside lets them put a bigger battery INSIDE as it frees up space.

Read into it before slating it.

I had a Motorolla Razr before this iPhone. I would get 2 or 3 hours battery out of it when using it to make calls. And considering thats the ONLY thing it did well (texting was a ***king NIGHTMARE, you delete a character and it assumes you then want it to default BACK to auto-text, so you spent half the time switching between the auto-text, numerals and ABC1 or ABC2...ARGH!), it didnt have much going for it as it didnt do internet yada yada yada.

Im not an Apple fanboi really. I just like the products they make. Except for the iPad. THATS a waste of money.

We don't have Apple stores here. Sydney has one I think. Official Apple retailers yes but I don't tread near those. My phone is several years old on a crappy network (Vodafone) it serves me well as a phone.

I was looking at getting a HTC Desire 850mhz 3G through Telstra (best network in Aus) for $600ish AUD but their online form whinged at me and I can't be arsed getting to a Telstra store (live in the country). As for the iphone itself I'm obviously not going to buy something with the degree of lock-in Apple provides.

My current phone sits on standby for an eternity and lasts fairly well with heavy call usage. It's not a smart phone so it's always going to have that advantage. I honestly think a separate device would suit people a lot better than an all in one. Meanwhile waiting to see if I can get my hands on a N1 or Samsung Galaxy thingy.

So iphone 4.

Defective antenna design. Check.
Defective screens. Check.
Locked down OS. Check.

All things which my current and planned to get phones do not have.

I have a regular old cell phone. It makes and receives calls and even text msgs! But text msgs suck, I tell the ppl to call me and stop nigging about.

Sold my fat 80gb as Im sick of lugging that things weight around. Lost my Demon's Souls savegame when backing up my 80gb HDD before selling it. Wont copy across. Not...happy.

Why in god's name do you have that thing vertically?

I forget if it's having it vertically that can mess your discs up or changing between horizontal and vertical while it's on...at least for the 360 that's the case.

Field Notes notebooks

field%20notes.jpg

Military Casio G-Shock (I'm more into old-fashioned analogs but I needed some rugged watch for outdoor activities)

casio.jpg

Im not an Apple fanboi really. I just like the products they make. Except for the iPad. THATS a waste of money.

I have 2 iPads. Haters gonna hate.

Can't wait for iPhone 4 to get up in this Canadia, that thing is so going to be mine.

I think mine is a G-shock, probably not. Takes abuse well though.

Looks awesomely retro, like a late 80's watch. I like it.

Anyway Colonial Marine Hicks, was looking for this for a while

khicks.jpg

for those who cant barely see the thing, good ol' Internet image.

MM7-hicks-5.jpg

my first console purchase since the N64. had to buy it after this year's E3

sspx0358.jpg

There certainly are worthy titles for it.
I decided to give the Twilight series a try. Haven't seen the movies and figure I might as well form an opinion on the source. The graphic novel version is pure art smex though :p

55154900.jpg

Back