Post your latest purchases with pics (NO STOCK IMAGES)

Sounds like you didn't find a good group of people to play with. Or you were intentionally going lone wolf and nobody was around to revive you.

Any clue if my janky-ass system would run it okay? (The ram is DDR1... yech, I know :()

arma.jpg

You'd have to disable most foliage/eye candy, but it would be playable. Not sure at what view distance though, maybe around 2km? I could play it on my Athlon X2 3800, 2 gig ddr1, 7900 gt good enough.

I just want to come out and say that most people here probably won't enjoy the game, if they aren't already enjoying it. Don't make it a game you play just because we say that the three of us play it and have fun. I mean, we've been playing for a long time... me and vegeta since operation flashpoint, and viper since... arma 1 was it? Or did you play with us in OFP too viper? I can't remember anymore.

But yeah, we're tight when we play, and we can put up with each other. It won't be the same experience for most people I'll say, unless you already have a fondness for the game, or can develop it for yourself independent of others.

I don't know if what I'm trying to put across is coming out right.

I get what you're saying.

Just seems I had more fun playing ArmA than I did playing 2...

I thought about buying it because it has GUNS, but I don't know.

Edit: With these specs, I think i'll pass (as in not buy it) for right now.

4gftawervf.png

Also, I didn't know video cards leeched ram from your machine.

The game is really as fun as you make it. This is just due to the open ended nature of it all. You have to appreciate the potential and have some patience, or else you'll get bored easily or be put off by the flaws.

You can get so immersed into the experience, and working with your friends. I remember how I felt about a week ago after a particularly exciting moment, I just though 'I could have never predicted a moment like this'.

The game is really as fun as you make it. This is just due to the open ended nature of it all. You have to appreciate the potential and have some patience, or else you'll get bored easily or be put off by the flaws.

And oh my god the patience... the patience man.

Fate... All the time we wasted on fate trying to keep us from playing the game.

I call it fate anyway.

It's like every time we start a game, something goes wrong that delays our gaming experience for an hour or even a few hours... but we stick to it and end up playing regardless.

That's not the patience I was referring to, but true nonetheless :p

TO THOSE WHO ARE READING THIS AWESOME BANTER: keep in mind, we play with lots of mods, and our internets suck, and we host, which often lead to problems. They're not representative of the normal game.

4gftawervf.png

Also, I didn't know video cards leeched ram from your machine.

Hah, I laughed pretty hard seeing the cobwebs on the slow computer. :LOL::LOL:

What are you talking about "leeched"? On-board video does; certain video cards can share system RAM (better hope it's fast); drivers and shit uses system RAM - I guess.

TO THOSE WHO ARE READING THIS AWESOME BANTER: keep in mind, we play with lots of mods, and our internets suck, and we host, which often lead to problems. They're not representative of the normal game.

Your internets may suck, mortal.

dominos-4-sandwiches1.jpg

Chicken bacon ranch. I know, no stock photos, but its in my stomach and I dont think you want to see a picture of my shit when it exits me.

How was it? Do they just put pizza toppings on a bun?

No it's fairly delicious. Beats subway IMO and you get chips + a 20 oz drink for 6.99

I've had all of those sandwiches from Dominoes. ****ing delicious. Better than the pizza.

Italian one is my favorite.

I've had all of those sandwiches from Dominoes. ****ing delicious. Better than the pizza.

Italian one is my favorite.

They are better than the pizza I'd agree. The pizza is about 500% better now that they changed it though. Those commercials aren't fake they really made an improvement. Better than pizza hut now IMO.

Yeah, I tried the improved pizza. It's better than it used to be.

Don't those require some orange crap on the nozzle to differentiate from a real weapon?

I bought three $27 pepsis in small styrofoam cups.

I didn't take a picture.

(went gambling)

You may want to be careful with that gun.

A kid may pick it up and mistake it for a Wii gun and kill herself.

oogiegames1.jpg

A shit ton of games for my new system:

4in1gamesytem.jpg

it does what it says it does. but this is even funnier:

crazywarning1.jpg

???LOL

Clash of the Titans was like $2 for me because I bought so many games at Best Buy and I have a Bonus Card through them.

28A53AA611604E3C9EA51807C1939C48.jpg

Levis's raw selvedge denim 501 jeans. With lovely smell of indigo.

oogiegames1.jpg

A shit ton of games for my new system:

4in1gamesytem.jpg

it does what it says it does. but this is even funnier:

crazywarning1.jpg

???LOL

Clash of the Titans was like $2 for me because I bought so many games at Best Buy and I have a Bonus Card through them.

"compatibled"

Where did you get that thing? I've always wanted one that could play all of my cartridges, but only if I could use my original controllers.

Also, Jurassic Park on Gen is god tier.

"compatibled"

Where did you get that thing? I've always wanted one that could play all of my cartridges, but only if I could use my original controllers.

Also, Jurassic Park on Gen is god tier.

oh as a bonus, that shirt and Jurassic Park were free with my purchase

so... does the lighter fit in the handle and the gun becomes a pistol-lighter? That's so cool!

Swiss army gun?

Don't those require some orange crap on the nozzle to differentiate from a real weapon?

Hardee har har. .32 ACP may sound piddly but this ain't no 'plinker's 22'. Just a tad smaller than a 9mm round and will kill dead just as fast.

ammo.jpg

(1) 22 LR
(2) 25 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol) or 25 Auto
(3) 32 ACP or 32 Auto
(4) 380 ACP or 380 Auto
(5) 9mm Parabellum or NATO or Luger
(6) 45 ACP or 45 Auto
(7) 38 Special

Posting pics of bullets doesn't say anything about their ballistics.

Also; handguns are backup, not first defence...

Well, likely you wouldn't be able to carry a shotgun around, hence the pistol.

Besides, having multiple holes in your body is likely to result in near-immediate incapacitation, and a compact pistol fire more rapidly than those "big" guns like the Berretta. Of course, this is purely in theory, as I've never shot a pistol with a larger caliber than .22lr.

Okay this is not Afghanistan. I'm not going to carry a long gun everywhere I go. Handgun is first line of defense in the practical world followed by a blade (which is a 50/50 chance you'll die as well if its a knife fight.)

The point is to down your attacker even if they survive who cares- they're not attacking you anymore. Fire as many rounds center mass into them point blank and then flee the scene or call authorities. 32 was used by police in Europe for years as well, must work ;)

I thought it was for your missus.

And I'm talking home defence. Y'know, where you want to drop people as fast as possible.

As you say, it's for emergencies... but that wasn't in contention. I agree, any calibre will do. But posting a pic showing bullet sizes proves absolutely nothing in the 'is .32 enough' question. Hence my comment, 'it's not for primary defence,' i.e. you're not going to use it when there's looters at your door.

No, seriously. Smaller pistols allow the user to fire more rapidly.

I'm sure I'm not mistaken.

Also, any place that you need a shotgun for home defense prolly needs you to carry a pistol around for self-defense. :p

I thought it was for your missus.

And I'm talking home defence. Y'know, where you want to drop people as fast as possible.

Its the missus, but I was just finding it funny you said handguns are second line of defense. I've not heard of many gunfights in real life (aside from military engagements) where changing weapons was worthwhile or where it even lasted long enough to do so.

Got the mossberg 500 for home defense with 00 buck. Have this same model with the breacher tip. Sharp as hell and if you want to simply jab someone with it they probably will end up in the hospital. Not a recent purchase though

mossberg%20blk.jpg

Um... no. Weight does not affect trigger pull/depth/axis. In fact, less weight means more recoil, which means you'll have a harder time resighting.

I'm sure I'm not mistaken.

Also, any place that you need a shotgun for home defense prolly needs you to carry a pistol around for self-defense. :p

wjOxA.png

Um... no. Weight does not affect trigger pull/depth/axis. In fact, less weight means more recoil, which means you'll have a harder time resighting.

Hmm, I was under the impression that the mechanism of smaller pistols allowed for shorter recoil, and hence the ability to pull the trigger faster. Didn't think about weight.

I must have misunderstood a book that I read.

Viperidae is right about weight- it is a big deal. That 32 kicks more in your hand than most bigger rounds, which does throw off your sights (although the sights on the P-32 are so small and hard to use they're kinda worthless.)

Both my wife and I get big groupings on that gun compared to others of larger caliber at the same distance. She's less experienced than me as well so it's nothing about shooters experience so much as the gun moving so dramatically when fired.

Back