Post your latest purchases with pics (NO STOCK IMAGES)

I hate it when people put that much amount of seasoning on

I love seasoning, but I don't actually use very much when I cook.

I got this yesterday. Sorry for the upside down still-in-bag photo; couldn't be bothered to take it out.

dscf1514g.jpg

That's 18 lbs of bird. Through kindness/stupidity, I offered to host Thanksgiving dinner for all the international students in my lab. I have never roasted a whole turkey (or chicken) nor have I ever cooked for 12 before.

I still need to buy all the veggie/dessert ingredients. Which it seems I'm also cooking, as nobody checked the "(optional) I want to cook" box when rsvp-ing.

Also I will be rather short on time and energy, as I have a project due Wednesday afternoon.

Epic disaster/miracle...

Heh, I wish. That would be a pretty awesome way to celebrate T-givin'. "Screw you America, I'mma eat your national bird."

I think we should breed an eagle and a turkey and just call it a day

Well at least it's Tokyo Pop, they're a pretty good publisher.

Krynn72 said:
How is nearly double the frames per second not a justifiable upgrade when the 8800gt is close to single digit framerates?

it only gets that far ahead when you're running at like double my resolution. At 1680x1050 it's only like a 5-15 min fps gain

Lol I thought they were the more censor-trigger happy brands...what are the bad ones then D:?

Actually you might be right. But they did Welcome to the NHK! and I don't remember any censoring.

I think Del Ray might be better.

I don't know what a bad one would be. ADV?

Poor Odyssey 5. It was so bad, and yet so good. I will never forget how every time Chuck Taggart used bolt cutters he'd scream "son of a bitch!" because of how weak he was.

Snagged a few things this morning. Got a big brand new leather jacket normally $450 got it for $100. Purposely got is several sizes too big as I love big comfy jackets. Also got two pairs of shoes normally almost $70/pair for $30/each.

loot1.jpg

loot2.jpg

loot4.jpg

loot3.jpg

Aye. How well does that work? I always wonder because home telescopes always look so pretty and thin, and the ones I'd used in an astronomy class were these ugly bulky black things that you had to wheel around.

Poor Odyssey 5. It was so bad, and yet so good. I will never forget how every time Chuck Taggart used bolt cutters he'd scream "son of a bitch!" because of how weak he was.

Haven't seen the show fully, been a while, I remember alot of filler episodes tho. still not bad for £8

New mobo and dvd burner. (dvd burner came wrapped in atleast 10 layers of mega bubblewrap.)

20101202134400272.jpg

20101202134418777.jpg

9 hardback Stephen King books for £7. Should have been £90+ :D Saved me about 93% :D

photo004k0.jpg

I like the book covers.

Haha, yeah I prefer Under the Dome and Full Dark, No Stars covers, but at that price I aint complaining :)

What I find particularly annoying is that it gets rid of the individuality the other covers seem to have. I mean look it's a ****in purple planet and shit and holy **** it's a ****in bunch of blue grass. I like that shit. Makes me want to read them.

New 52" TV and TV stand.

tvnew.jpg

I think I need a bigger place.

I think you need a bigger place. Or how about mounting it above the fireplace?

Since it's an apartment I don't want ot mess up the walls especially since my lease is up at the end of Jan and I'm seriously considering moving.

Bought An Ipod touch from my rich friend for 30$.He forgot his password and didnt know how to get it off.

mail

I Also just got myself this mini laptop off craigslist for 125$

mail

I bought a lot in the last few days: but tonight I need this for my PC still doesn't have sound after installing the video card

IMAG0276.jpg

My last purchase from the late Circuit City was a sound card.

I'm currently not using it since it doesn't support my 5.1 input, but it was interesting for a couple of games.

Damn, that's a fancy shmancy case. I like it.

Leave my couch out of this, I love that thing. Although I do need to throw out the white one, haven't had a chance to yet as I need a truck.

I bought a lot in the last few days: but tonight I need this for my PC still doesn't have sound after installing the video card

IMAG0276.jpg

When I installed my video card, I had to enable the onboard sound manually in the BIOS. The video card had disabled it.

Which is what I've been saying since the beginning.

Back