Post your latest purchases with pics (NO STOCK IMAGES)

Definitely an awesome little brick. Six years and this thing has survived so many drops I swear it is made of Nintendium.

Mine's been rain-soaked twice during listening, dropped at least seven times onto concrete from about 5 feet (also while listening), had chocolate melt into the power switch, and been dropped connector-side-down while plugged in and syncing to my computer more times than I can count, and it has yet to give me a single problem. And the battery still holds a 10 hour charge. I dread the day I finally have to upgrade.

I know I've now crossed the line into full hipsterdom, but I don't care. The sound out of these is terrific. I listen to a lot of instrumental music and it sounds much richer coming from these than it does from any set of earphones I've ever owned. And they don't fall off like earphones do. And they keep my ears warm.

(I bought them from Urbanears. I think it's a division of Urban Outfitters.)

yQIk5.jpg

T0ADN.jpg

Do you have your hair inbetween the headphone and your ear, or are mine eyes playing tricks?

Bought this Bluray set on 68% discount. Nine bluray disks to hold the whole aeason. Was $149, got it for $56.99. Ohgod im starting to sound like Warped. Also new shiny bedsheets.

Rr7Rz.jpg

Brilliant series if I recall correctly. Some truly shocking footage.

Yes they are nice aren't they? I don't know. I bought them unwittingly, thinking only about sound quality and not damaging my ears as much, and then all my friends accused me of being a hipster. I don't care. They're super.

I don't know!!! This is just what people said to me when I bought them :( I don't understand it either.

What makes a pair of headphones hipster?

Specially licensed headphones by musicians. Limited edition stuff basically.

Also as Krynn said, what's up with the hair in the headphones! You can't sully good headphones with a hair filter!

Heh yeah usually I try to tuck it in behind my ears before I put on the headphones. But it's unruly and it doesn't always do what I say (there's also the advantage of the headphones slightly holding my hair in place, thus making me look less ridiculous when I go outside in the wind, which is every day of this terrible Irish "summer"). So yeah, this was initially a concern, but as my hair isn't that thick, I've found through experiment that it doesn't make a huge difference to the sound (I can always just turn them up).

I don't know!!! This is just what people said to me when I bought them :( I don't understand it either.
It means that you're paying for a brand name, instead of quality. For the same amount of money, you could have gotten something better from a solid brand that isn't marketed towards 'hipsters' who want to pay for 'designer headphones' because they have some celebrity name and look fancy.

I considered both appearance and sound quality when I bought these. I mean, the main reason I bought them was because the sound out of them is better than the sound out of the little tiny ones that go in your ear, but obviously I also wanted to wear something I liked the look of. I tried them out before I bought them; the sound quality satisfied me, a bunch of friends had recommended them to me, so I bought them. Mainly, I just wanted to not use earphones anymore. I hate those things.

I didn't say the sound wouldn't be quality. But you could have got something with the same quality (and maybe better build quality, too) for a lower price, because you aren't paying for trendy.

Build quality is an especially important consideration, because headphones are often in situations that can cause them to break.

Actually, the way these are put together really suits me...you can kind of fold them back in on themselves, making them easier to carry around when you're not listening to them. And the cable is coated in a kind of fabric thing, which is fantastic, because the main reason my earphones used to break before is because I used to chew through the cables. As for durability...well, they're new, so I have yet to find out. I'll report back on that. But fabric-coated cables probably make for higher durability.

I am paying for trendy a little bit. Or at least, I find these particular headphones more aesthetically pleasing than others, and that influenced my decision somewhat, as it does with anything that I buy. Rest assured though, if they didn't sound good, I wouldn't have bought them, despite the pretty.

It doesnt matter if you paid for trendyness. All that matters is that you weren't aware that you were paying for trendyness. They look like good headphones, and you bought them without considering the brand. That means you're not a hipster, but rather an overpaying consumer :D

Which is of course several orders of magnitude better than being a hipster.

She probably didn't read hundreds of online reviews before purchasing though, which is what any good nerd buying something >$50 should do.

You have a long way to go, Kiplings.

Nobody needs to read hundreds of online reviews for headphones. Trundle over to an audio review site with a good reputation and check them out there. Audio is too subjective for your average Joe to be very helpful and build quality and fit can vary dramatically over time. Trying them yourself if you can return them without a hassle is also good.

I have a pair of Logitech G35s that I quite like, but there are a number of people that would claim I'm in congress with the devil for saying so.

She probably didn't read hundreds of online reviews before purchasing though, which is what any good nerd buying something >$50 should do.

You have a long way to go, Kiplings.

Excuse me please. How do you possibly know enough to make such a sweeping statement?

I actually did read a bunch of reviews. I also spoke to people who owned them, and I went into the shop and tried them out, not only for one piece of music, but for a cross section of pieces from the various different genres that I listen to. Is that good enough for you? :p

On what basis were you making such a condescending assumption anyway?

Excuse me please. How do you possibly know enough to make such a sweeping statement?

I actually did read a bunch of reviews. I also spoke to people who owned them, and I went into the shop and tried them out, not only for one piece of music, but for a cross section of pieces from the various different genres that I listen to. Is that good enough for you? :p

On what basis were you making such a condescending assumption anyway?
I wasn't being serious... Jeez.

What Sliver said, except for different reasons.

You will know when I'm actively being hostile on here. For everything else, don't take me seriously. Or at least don't treat what I say as condescending or trying to offend anyone.

Heh, it just irritates me when people make assumptions about me, that's all. I know this is what you are like :)

As for me, I overreact, in general. To everything.

And I did use the word "probably", no assumptions here!

Heh, it just irritates me when people make assumptions about me, that's all. I know this is what you are like :)

As for me, I overreact, in general. To everything.
You must irritate the hell out of yourself, since you make the assumption about yourself that you overreact to everything, without having experienced everything. I am of course assuming you were being entirely literal and fully acknowledge that this post of mine may thus be irritating to you, and for that I apologize.

Is there a smartphone that even lasts half as long as a regular cell? My friends can't do jack on theirs without needing to recharge every 5 hours or something.

Battery lasts much longer if you turn off 3G and account syncing and stuff like that.

How long do regular phones last? My smartphone can last like 100-144 hours at times.

Are you even using it for smartphone operations? My friends' androids last 6 hours with video/web use. My cell lasts about a week with moderate use.

WHY DONT BATTERIES LAST LONGER DESPITE BEING DRAINED QUICKER? My phone's battery will last probably 16 hours or so with moderate use, like watching a video here and there, using google and general browsing fairly frequently. Active GPS use will kill it in like an hour or two, video recording takes it out even faster.

Are you even using it for smartphone operations? My friends' androids last 6 hours with video/web use. My cell lasts about a week with moderate use.

Very lightly, but yes. I'll read xkcd comics on it and listen to pandora occasionally while at work.

My co-worker keeps his plugged in while listening to internet radio. I mean it's basically a smaller laptop.

Keeping your phone plugged in all the time is terrible for the battery life.

I charge my smartphone every two days or so. I have wi-fi and 3G turned off and turn either of them on only when I want to use the Internet. I generally don't like to do any extensive web/games use on the phone, since I usually have access to a PC; but at times when I need to check something, get some directions or find out where I am and there's no PC at hand, it's great.

So most of the time battery life is not a problem, however if I was going travelling or something, where I would not be so sure about having the possibility to charge every 2 days, I'd take a backup (regular) cellphone with me.

I ****ing love this phone. I'm still surprised by the LTE speed; I've never used anything with 4G before.

The battery life sucks, though. I still haven't figured out how to disable 4G. Having open apps doesn't seem to lower the battery life unless you have open apps that use data/GPS. I have to charge it every 12 hours or so (although, that might be because I have just gotten it and have been playing with it so much...)

Supposedly you don't have to worry about open apps on Android, because it somehow manages them so that they don't drain your battery/memory (of course apart from ones using data/GPS, as you said). I also heard that after a few weeks the battery life can actually improve - in my experience I didn't really notice much improvement after a few weeks, but definitely in the first days the battery didn't last as long as it did later on (that's taking into account the fact that I probably messed around with it a bit more then).

I also suggest you download an app like GO Power Master, that should help a bit with battery life and you can also use it to put your phone in power saving mode, which disables everything apart from basic phone functions - useful when you're low on charge.

0JkmR.jpg

These are the stock options. I haven't tried them yet, but I'm sure I'll get around to doing it in the future.

I'm typing this on my bed and and this phone is just so damn slippery, so it keeps dropping from my hands. I need a case just so I can hold on to the thing.

Back