Post your latest purchases with pics (NO STOCK IMAGES)

Because she selected purple on whatever print-your-own-shirt-design site she used.

Two new adorable kittens!

George
11izhg2.jpg

Alfred
357oisp.jpg

George + Alfred
11kibgy.jpg

That's a pretty dumb mask, but at least it's got your name on it.

It was a quick fix, okay? My beard is so virile it just keeps impregnating people.

eeeeeeeeeeeeee

gdvrV.jpg

T-shirt, cd, download code, patch thingy, and a unique 1 of 200 signed photograph taken by the artist in the 'hardscrabble' area of Chicago.

Assassin's Creed 3, Connor The Hunter statue.

ASUS Transformer Infinity 32GB.

20121025_185317.jpg

I may like Assassin's Creed, not sure.

20121025_185357.jpg

Why the hell are phone cameras so damn crap in low-light situations. Can an 8 mp sensor be really this crap? Grainy much?

It's a Galaxy S3. Not a Nokia from 1990!

Any camera is crappy in low-light situations without a flash.

Any viper is shitty in correcting-vegeta situations without a couple beers.

More shitty cellphone pics (forgot to charge real camera's battery).

Here's a pic of my new laptop/tablet convertable on the bed, next to my Nuts. Already upgraded the laptop with a new SSD and a used bluray drive, and put windows 8 on it. Not bad, not bad. Nuts has some Volksgrenadiers, 101st Airborne, and Jagdtiger companies in it, so also pretty not bad not bad.

OA39c.jpg

8XwgP.jpg

THkut.jpg

I bought my first pork roast and made myself some BBQ pulled pork in my new pressure cooker. ****ing incredible.

lhdvK.jpg

More shitty cellphone pics (forgot to charge real camera's battery).

Here's a pic of my new laptop/tablet convertable on the bed, next to my Nuts. Already upgraded the laptop with a new SSD and a used bluray drive, and put windows 8 on it. Not bad, not bad. Nuts has some Volksgrenadiers, 101st Airborne, and Jagdtiger companies in it, so also pretty not bad not bad.
What laptop is that? Also, is it a resistive touch screen or is it capacitive? The reason I ask is because that would be fantastic to have currently while I wait for the prices of the new laptops in town to go down, down, downnnnnnnn.

What laptop is that? Also, is it a resistive touch screen or is it capacitive? The reason I ask is because that would be fantastic to have currently while I wait for the prices of the new laptops in town to go down, down, downnnnnnnn.
Its resistive im pretty sure. Im slightly (very slightly) disappointed in the touch screen. It seems to have trouble when using your finger at the extreme top or bottom edge of the screen. It works fine with my wacom stylus in those areas though, and windows 8 gives enough leeway when swiping up/down the menus that its almost a nonissue, but it would have been nice. For $400 after shipping, I'm sure not going to complain.

Also this particular model is not multitouch, if thats a deal breaker for you. The TM2 model I think is multitouch, but I dont know if it uses the same kind of touchscreen.

What's the difference between a resistive and capacitive touch screen?

Its resistive im pretty sure. Im slightly (very slightly) disappointed in the touch screen. It seems to have trouble when using your finger at the extreme top or bottom edge of the screen. It works fine with my wacom stylus in those areas though, and windows 8 gives enough leeway when swiping up/down the menus that its almost a nonissue, but it would have been nice. For $400 after shipping, I'm sure not going to complain.

Also this particular model is not multitouch, if thats a deal breaker for you. The TM2 model I think is multitouch, but I dont know if it uses the same kind of touchscreen.

Yeah, that is definitely a resistive touchscreen. I can definitely see Windows 8 helping with that. $400 isn't too shabby, but I don't think I could spend that much on a PC that's elderly. Just because Windows 8 is ushering in a new era for PC/Laptop hybrids doesn't mean prices have to skyrocket or jump from 5-700 to a standard $1000+.

What's the difference between a resistive and capacitive touch screen?

Resistive uses a much less sensitive screen technology. Basically, resistive uses pressure to sense where you are touching the device. You can basically use anything to touch the screen however. If you only had... let's say a bottle of hot sauce and you wanted that to be a stylus, there you go! These screens are extremely cheap to produce and can be made enormous for a low cost. Capacitive is quite expensive and only just recently (2-3 years) have the prices started dropping for the screen tech.

Capacitive on the other hand works in a different way. It uses an electrical conductor pretty much. That means you actually have to use something designed for a capactive screen. One huge drawback on this kind of screen technology was that you were not able to use gloves with your devices so you'd have to once again buy some kind of specific capacitive glove or take your hands out of your glove. The newest technology which is included in the Nokia Lumia 920 can be used with any kind of glove or just essentially anything on your hand.

Hope that helps you out, bub.

VcKLf.jpg

New case, more fans, 3pin Y-splitter cables, 3pin extension cables (didn't need them, oh well), and some silicone fan mounts.

84K48.jpg

And finished. BUILT ON A CARPET OHHHH SHIT. Too bad I'll have to do this again in 2 months when I get a new mobo. Still waiting on another fan to ship.

zPubr.jpg

Front in blur-o-vision. It was late, shut up.

ntzkl.jpg

The whale is curious.

He looks gruff.
I built my last PC with my cat in earshot. It came running and explored all the new holes the boxes fashioned. He inventively waited for new parts to emerge so he can could scout out their homes as well.

IMO the fans are fine, you've got good flow past the HDDs and the bottom of the GPU, with plenty of fresh air moving through the case.

He looks gruff.
I built my last PC with my cat in earshot. It came running and explored all the new holes the boxes fashioned. He inventively waited for new parts to emerge so he can could scout out their homes as well.

And that's the story of how your cat got tossed out in the recycling.

And why does offensive language make a game have a higher age restriction than violence?

Well it does say violence AND offensive language.

Just a NuForce udac 2, surrounded by a ****load of dust holy **** I clean now.

BjvDf.jpg

black ops was $143 at Eb games but at the warehouse it comes in at $109 and i still regret my choice to buy it.

That is simply too much money to spend on a single game.

Sony Xperia Ion

xperia-ion-hspa-black-464x533.png

Got it this morning. I didn't really buy it, I renewed my contract and upgraded from my first phone ever I got when I was 17, the LG Shine, to my first smartphone - for a penny. So technically I did buy it, for a penny. Had that Shine for 5 years.. It was still working decently alright. Battery life got a little low, used to run for 5 days no charge, now runs for a day. I guess 5 years will do that to a battery.

The Ion is a cool phone though. I can't really say if it's good or not as I have zero experience with smart phones. Seems pretty fast n shit.

Way bigger than my old phone, but that wasn't a smart phone, it was a slide phone. Although the Ion is bigger than my GF's Samsung Galaxy, and also bigger than my bro's iPhone. I like it.

Here's my old phone, except mine was black. Pretty big upgrade.

1267063528_76197024_1-LG-Shine-Slide-telus-West.jpg

EDIT: I can't really take any pictures of the items themselves, as my only camera is my phone -_- The Xperia in the pic is exactly the one I have though. Sorry for being a badass and breaking all the rules (or one).

Post your latest phone thread.

Here's mine. Got it today. Much bigger than my Droid Incredible, which for me is a bad thing. Still, compared to the retarded behemoths most people get (I'm looking at you Dog--, Mr. Stock Image) its a hell of a lot more reasonable. Also I love the Windows Phone interface so much more than android.

Lumia 822 (pic taken by my incredible)

And for comparison's sake, my Incredible. Pic taken by my Lumia.

Hey my phone doesn't seem much bigger than yours!

The guy at the store was trying to sell me one the size of a ****ing tablet because 'his was the earlier version and he loves it'. Why do people even get those phones? I can barely fit this one in my pocket ffs. Where do you carry your phone if not your pocket? That was a selling point for me - it's gotta fit in my pocket. And it was actually kind of hard to find one!

ANYWAYS, like I said: I held mine the same way you held yours for comparison and mine seems just about the same size! Behemoth my dick!

On a side note: Everyone told me to stay away from Windows phones. I was messing around with one and, like you, I thought the interface was great. Ended up with an Android, but I wouldn't have been sad with a Windows phone. They seem cool.

Back