Image Dump IX (ALL POSTS MUST CONTAIN PICTURES)

Just some dudes havin fun w/ guns. :)

2yngw36.jpg

25jk0fc.jpg

589wu.jpg

Holy shit that happened to me just a day or so ago. Weird as hell.

R7TnW.jpg

Holy shit that happened to me just a day or so ago. Weird as hell.

Except that Windows defaults to doing updates at 3:00am and will bring itself out of sleep mode to do it so its actually not weird at all.

HRgqB.jpg

My computer came on once just by me looking at it. And I don't use sleep mode.

Edit: And I guess I don't post pictures either!
time.jpg

Hannity forum members are the reason shows like "Are you smarter than a 6th grader?" exist.
dT52g.png

and
6/2(2+1)

is actually (6/2) x (2+1)= 9

Well, the thing you have to understand is that division is the same thing as multiplication.

6/2 is just another way of writing 6*0.5

Just like subtraction is just addition with a negative number.

So when you look at it that way, it makes a lot more sense to just go left to right with your operations.

6*0.5*(2+1)

Bp0EJ.jpg

If you write an equation like that, a maths teacher is obliged to slap you, the answer is either 1 or 9. Though you should go from left to right normally in which case it is 9.

bodmas.gif

Brackets
Orders
Division and Multiplication
Addition and Subtraction

My problem was always with the stupid ****ing anagrams. They just confuse me further. Whenever I was a kid I'd be all like "oh yeah, its pemdas I know this!" then I'd follow the order listed in the anagram. Of course that ****s you up since you multiply and divide at the same time, not one before the other. If I were to follow it that way, I'd get one for the answer.

6/2(1+2) ---> 6/2(3) ---> 6/6

****ing anagram. If they just taught me how to ****ing do it instead of giving me a bullship cop-out way of remembering it then I'd never have had a problem.

j2V3F.gif

It's because that's ass-backward and ambiguous notation that NO ONE would ever use.

Proper:

(6/2)(2+1) = 9 or 6(2+1)/2 = 9

or

------ = 1
2(2+1)

Otherwise, you're a dick and shouldn't be doing math.

Wcv06.jpg

My problem was always with the stupid ****ing anagrams. They just confuse me further. Whenever I was a kid I'd be all like "oh yeah, its pemdas I know this!" then I'd follow the order listed in the anagram. Of course that ****s you up since you multiply and divide at the same time, not one before the other. If I were to follow it that way, I'd get one for the answer.

6/2(1+2) ---> 6/2(3) ---> 6/6

****ing anagram. If they just taught me how to ****ing do it instead of giving me a bullship cop-out way of remembering it then I'd never have had a problem.

j2V3F.gif

bjaOj.png

Remember your order of operations, kids! BEDMAS - Brackets, Exponents, Division/Multiplication, Addition/Subtraction!

Tucson2011-106PseudomalachiteSlovakia95mm.jpg

I got a rock.

I can't believe this math problem has become an internet phenomenon. But I agree with Viperidae, that's a terrible way to write a problem.

U0Hvh.jpg

The only answer is 9. It can't be 1. No matter what.

If you do it like Viper thought he was doing it, you put the 6 over the 2, not the whole problem.

-
2(2+1) = x
3(2+1)
6+3 = 9
or
3x3 = 9

acepilotf14_1304259420.jpg

The only answer is 9. It can't be 1. No matter what.

If you do it like Viper thought he was doing it, you put the 6 over the 2, not the whole problem.
I'm not sure why you're repeating that. Yes, if it's 6/2 TIMES (2+1), it's always 9. My point was that the way that notation is set up is deliberately ambiguous. Most people who are trained in math will (incorrectly) assume that the person writing the equation was trying to write (6/2)(2+1). It's a trick question, because it's deliberate bad form. It stems from confusion caused typically by writing fractional equations normally written on two lines being compressed onto one line on a computer.

You'd never write 6/(2(2+1)) by hand because it's harder to solve at a glance and just messier.

-----
2(2+1)

is much easier to solve at a glance on paper but annoying to type out on a computer. The catch is that it's actually a different equation than 6/2(2+1).

So it can be 1, Ace, because it's a different equation we're talking about. It's just the plane on the treadmill all over again, in that the premise of the question is ambiguous, with the answer depending entirely on what the actual premise is.

5uANv.gif

But oh shit, I totally addressed that Vman oh boy too bad no one reads.

xK7RI.jpg

Back