Mass Effect 3

^ Thank christ for that.

mass effect has always been incredibly over the top cheesy when it comes to it's bigger action sequences - it's b-movie sci-fi at it's lamest. completely fine to enjoy it in the same way forbiddon planet, lost in space or silent running are enjoyable films.

I don't know man, I always thought the first couple games pulled off their cheese with a sense of charm and conviction. B-movie material for sure, but the non-ironically enjoyable kind (most of the time). This looks like all of the cheese with none of the charm. Comes off like a stale, lifeless hollywood blockbuster to me, or a poorly written sci-fi miniseries. Actually, I just recently went back and played the Shadow Broker DLC for ME2 and got the same feeling from it - it was all hamfisted dialog and one liners and then OH MAN WE HAVE TO PULL IT BACK AND HAVE AN EMOTIONAL MOMENT NOW TO DRAW PEOPLE IN ok back to shootin' aliums and spitting out horrible one liners.

Maybe I'm just too jaded to give it a pass any more, idunno. :p

1329422692318.jpg

read on that she is getting her own anims on the retail version.so don't be too sad.
I was sad when Anderson grabs her from the back to stop her falling but grabs male shep on the chest. GRAB SOME SHE TITS ANDERSON.

Origin is a $5 down pre-order with the option of cancellation (pretend to be female on the chat support). Exploit the shit out of this.

Origin is a $5 down pre-order with the option of cancellation (pretend to be female on the chat support). Exploit the shit out of this.

Except you don't get Battlefield 3 until 3 days after ME3 comes out, so no cancelling.

Also, man you guys can be jaded at times. I played the demo and thought it was just fine :/

I'd say it wasn't up to the Mass Effect standard, but I have a feeling that the rest of the game will be. Technologically it seemed rushed (weird animations, some low-res textures - where did that come from?) and the first set-piece was a IMHO failed attempt at being epic and cinematic (flashy stuff for presentations), but hopefully it will be business as usual when the game hits the stores.

I liked the SP portion and the combat feels a lot better than ME2.
Co-op is really awesome though and I'm enjoying it quite a bit right now.

So I tried the demo for myself, you know, just to confirm that it was as bad as it looked in that video, and uh... this is now a definite purchase for me. Is the dialog and pacing ultra hammy? Yep, and I'm still pretty apprehensive about how they'll handle the plot, but anyway **** that I'm sold on the multiplayer alone. The demo only gives you two ultra-repetitive missions to play, but that hasn't stopped me from putting upwards of five hours into it already. Neither has the fact that I now have two level 15 characters who won't carry over to the retail game - I'll happily grind that shit out again because it is just that much god damn fun. This came completely out of left field for me as I honestly wasn't expecting anything from it, but it's crazy how much sense the game's mechanics make in this context, and the tweaks and advancements they've made are legitimately brilliant. The female sprint animation is even un****ed! Seriously, hats off to Bioware, they've completely turned me around on it.

Anyway, new CG trailer. Pretty.

(Actually does that little girl creep anyone else out. :|)

Agreed. SP was so-so, but I've sunk repeated afternoons into the MP portion. I've found the matchmaking to be typical, meaning my time spent getting slaughtered in wave six with clueless level one teammates versus smooth sailing until extraction is roughly fifty-fifty. But it works like a charm when everybody clicks together and I might finally throw some money down for an Live subscription.

But it works like a charm when everybody clicks together and I might finally throw some money down for an Live subscription.

If you do, feel free to add me on Live, GT is Gargantou and we can do some co-op together.

Assuming you will not make fun of my Swedish Chef accent.

played the single and multiplayer demos on Xbox 360 and yes this game is amazing so far. I do want it day 1 but unfortunately I'd have to trade in some games in order to buy this one. Or I can just wait a few months and buy it then. Tough choice

MEESA LOVE COMMANDER SHEPPERD

apparently this is the bonus character's voice if you order the Collector's Edition or buy the launch day DLC:

irie my brethren!

God DAMN EA! The Prothean DLC requires you to pay for it at launch. This is not a latter expansion, this is a significant pice of lore and story withheld from gamers for no other reason than to squeeze more money out of us.

I really don't want to boycot this but Total Biscuit makes me think its the duty of every gamer who cares about the future of the industry to refuse to accept this.

If you care, you should be furious.

Who could have predicted this got-damn travesty?

Better fire up those Origin™ pre-orders.

I decided to not buy it since they made the dlc of the second cannonical and needed to play the third

I completely agree with what TB said on the matter.
Purchasable 'Day 1 DLC' is so offensive. I can hardly believe that people support it in the least.
With regular day 1 DLC you can understand a dev's reasoning of having it not included in the box. They really want to get the game out and there's just not enough time for the feature but they want to add this fun content and there's enough time between getting the game to the publishers and the people to finish it so it's ready for launch.

Paid Day 1 DLC means that they had features to include in the game to make it feature complete but withheld it to make more profit. You should have spent that time working on your game to make it worth a full $50-60 purchase. V:

Hopefully there's enough uproar that this gets changed. This is just unacceptable.

EA has had a bad rep for a while. There was a lot of stir on the board when Valve first signed with EA as their physical distributor.

Kotick has done nothing but screw Activision/Blizzard since he got there. As big a StarCraft fan as I am I don't see myself getting either of the expansions for SC2 right now because of the crap they've been pulling lately.
Neither are good but in my mind: Kotick > EA in terms of industry destruction.

Bioware's response to the Day 1 DLC dilemma:

As most of you know, yesterday there was a leak that revealed the upcoming DLC “ME3:From Ashes” on the
Xbox LIVE Marketplace. This leak took place before we were prepared to make an announcement about the details of that pack (slated for this Friday).

There has been a lot of discussion about the DLC offering but we wanted to clarify a few things...

- “From Ashes” includes the Prothean squad mate, an adventure on Eden Prime, a new weapon, and an alternate
appearance for every squad mate. Note that these alternate appearances are in addition to the ones already advertised in the CE.

- The Collectors Edition has been advertised from the beginning as containing a bonus character/mission, but we were not at liberty to provide the details. The Prothean is optional content that is certainly designed to appeal to long-time fans, which is why he is part of the CE offering (the version many fans would be likely to purchase). Mass Effect 3 is a complete – and a huge game - right out of the box.

- The content in “From Ashes” was developed by a separate team (after the core game was finished) and not completed until well after the main game went into certification.

- The Collectors Edition has been sold out in most places for some time now, and is becoming very hard to find (many players prefer not to purchase the digital version). As such, we wanted to make this content available so that SE buyers could also incorporate the Prothean into their game.

We’ll be releasing someimages and video about this pack in the coming days.

As always, we are extremely thankful for all of your support. We pulled out all of the stops to make Mass Effect 3 the best game ever, and we can't wait for you all to experience it.

Mike

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...lowed/Mass-Effect-3-From-Ashes-9403705-1.html

Still doesn't justify the price tag for me. It doesn't seem to have any more content than the free "Zaeed" DLC that happened with ME2's launch.

So I havent paid attention to anything about this game, at all. I saw the femshep animation where spidermanboss laughs at it, noticed it has day-1 pay-for dlc and now I'm concerned. Is it also Origin exclusive?

Just yesterday I reserved a copy, considering cancelling it now.

The DLC is free for collector's edition owners. It's $10 for the standard edition peasants. I would think it's for all platforms, especially seeing how the 360 is the largest seller for the titles and that doesn't have origin on it.

The whole day one DLC idea in itself doesn't bother me (speaking as someone who won't be playing this anyway) but dear god I think the amount of side contact that you have to do stuff to get might be going to far and I'm not talking about money. I'm just talking about having a coherent product to sell. As far as I can tell to get a complete version of this game you'll have to buy the collector's edition and also play some sort of iPhone game that unlocks stuff in the main game and then wait around for whatever other DLCs and promos come along down the line. If they keep piling on the addition content with different ways to unlock it it's just going to be a mess. Imagine if for Dragon Age 3 to get a complete game you had to pre-order the delux edition, complete a three flash games of EAs website, get an achievement in Dead Space 2 for a promo code, order the Dragon Age tie-in comic that comes with a code for unique DLC and collect 20 tokens from the back of Happy Meals. The thing is that wouldn't actually suprise me. Certain games are getting promo and DLC crazy (just look at the amount of promo crap in TF2) and I can easily see it just getting too complicated for me and many others to give a shit.

The whole day one DLC idea in itself doesn't bother me (speaking as someone who won't be playing this anyway) but dear god I think the amount of side contact that you have to do stuff to get might be going to far and I'm not talking about money. I'm just talking about having a coherent product to sell. As far as I can tell to get a complete version of this game you'll have to buy the collector's edition and also play some sort of iPhone game that unlocks stuff in the main game and then wait around for whatever other DLCs and promos come along down the line. If they keep piling on the addition content with different ways to unlock it it's just going to be a mess. Imagine if for Dragon Age 3 to get a complete game you had to pre-order the delux edition, complete a three flash games of EAs website, get an achievement in Dead Space 2 for a promo code, order the Dragon Age tie-in comic that comes with a code for unique DLC and collect 20 tokens from the back of Happy Meals. The thing is that wouldn't actually suprise me. Certain games are getting promo and DLC crazy (just look at the amount of promo crap in TF2) and I can easily see it just getting too complicated for me and many others to give a shit.

They've actually sort of went that way ME3 already. It was announced a while ago that there are DLC codes that would shipped with ME action figures, ME themed Razer products, etc. I think someone did the math, and determined you'd be out a couple hundred bucks if you wanted everything. I don't mind every DLC promo, though. The cross-promotion with the Kingdom of Amalur demo was actually kind of clever. Though at the end of the day, I just want the $60 game I payed for. I don't have the time or the cash for much else.

Stop ignoring me damnit!

Is Origin required to play this, and is it Origin exclusive?

And then you notice that people who pirate the game have an easier living, because they get everything for free. FTLLG (**** The Life of a Legitimate Gamer).

It is Origin-exclusive, you can't launch the game without it unless you're on a console.

True, but a PS3-exclusive isn't made multiplatform because you can buy it at both Gamestop and EB.

Back