Post your latest purchases with pics (NO STOCK IMAGES)

Is the Droid X better than HTC's Incredible? Because the Incredible is $199 as well, with a 2 year contract.

Apples and Oranges man. I think you'll find more support for the Droid X but I'd get the R2D2 version if you were gunna go all out anyway. That shit looks tiiight

Is the Droid X better than HTC's Incredible? Because the Incredible is $199 as well, with a 2 year contract.

Instead of asking a personal opinion, you should always do a bit of research for yourself. http://www.google.com/search?q=droid+x+vs+incredible

Besides the obvious product spec differences, I've read on random online reviews that the call quality is better on the Droid X.

I chose the Droid X because it has a larger screen, more storage, longer battery life, and a lot more features (hardware, not software). For me, it was a pretty easy decision.

The Droid X does come with some "bloatware". These apps cannot be removed without rooting the device. Now this does bother me a little on a ethical point of view (I couldn't think of a better term), but not enough to make me consider another device. They don't appear to negatively affect the device in any way (other than the obvious taking up space, which there is plenty of). I just removed the app's shortcut from the ... home screens and deleted any data from running said app (Settings > Applications > Manage applications > App Name > Clear data).

The Droid X also has a lot of FUD associated with it and eFUSE. Thankfully, the truth has started filtering through finally and people are moving on. Now there is some truth to it regarding the Droid X and custom firmwares but it's less "impossible" and "bricked" then people claim it to be.

I knew of the hardware differences, but I was more interested in what people thought of things like the interface, the size of the phones, and yeah, call quality. A big thing for me is that I'm not sure I'd like carrying the DroidX around, but I've never seen the the Incredible in person, and don't know if its size difference is significant enough to warrant consideration.

I didn't realize that there were so many comparison articles for the two phones though. I guess its bigger competition than I realized. Pretty much all my questions were answered, so I guess I should have done some googling first. I just didn't expect pages of results just for this one comparison.

This pic just sold me on the Incredible though. The DroidX is just way too big for my tastes. Im sure I'd find having that thing in my pocket 24/7 very uncomfortable.

showimagev.jpg

Lol that picture, the hand that has the DroidX looks to have an abnormally large thumb.

Edit:

just got this through the post today.

bkwouqbgkkgrhgoheeejlll.jpg

dscf1470r.jpg

More books. The most recent of them at least. I need to stop treating the used bookstore as my default hangout place when I'm bored, especially since I have very little time to read. I just keep accumulating stuff. This ends up with me finding myself at the used bookstore unsure of whether I already own certain books or not. So I kinda took a gamble on Cannery Row (luckily, I hadn't bought it already).

I got American Pastoral because it was on Time's 100 best novels list, and if I had infinite spare time, I would totally attempt to read through the whole list. From the back of the book the plot sounds a lot like Steinbeck's Winter of Our Discontent, but I really don't know anything else about it.

I bought Scanner Darkly new (with a 40% off coupon) in an attempt to keep myself from constantly visiting the used bookstore. Because I think it's the last book on my "Favorite Books" list that I didn't own yet.

That said, while walking around Borders, I noticed that the giant hardcover version of Anathem was $5.99. I've already read it, but I bought it anyways. I feel like this book has been constantly on sale for ridiculously low prices since the day it was first published. My friend bought it for $10 at an airport bookstore the month it came out. I can't fathom how this happened. My only guess is that the publisher accidentally printed 10,000,000 copies instead of 10,000? Maybe they looked at Time's Best 100 Novels list and saw that Snow Crash was on there, so they assumed everyone and their mother would buy Anathem? Also, the massive hardcover version was marked $5.99 while the tiny-print paperback costs $7.99. What the heck.

I knew of the hardware differences, but I was more interested in what people thought of things like the interface, the size of the phones, and yeah, call quality. A big thing for me is that I'm not sure I'd like carrying the DroidX around, but I've never seen the the Incredible in person, and don't know if its size difference is significant enough to warrant consideration.

I didn't realize that there were so many comparison articles for the two phones though. I guess its bigger competition than I realized. Pretty much all my questions were answered, so I guess I should have done some googling first. I just didn't expect pages of results just for this one comparison.

This pic just sold me on the Incredible though. The DroidX is just way too big for my tastes. Im sure I'd find having that thing in my pocket 24/7 very uncomfortable.

-snip-

The size doesn't bother me at all honestly. Then again, I've been supplementing my old phone (the LG UX260) with a Nokia n810 Internet Tablet. You should go see them in person. Finding a store that has working display models is a huge plus. Anyways, if you have any other questions about my phone, just find me on Steam.

I want a portable movie screen that fits in my pocket, like some shit out of the Jetsons.

here is some stuff I got recently. Yay.

dscf2593.jpg

4x Scythe S-Flex G

dscf2595p.jpg

was on sale

4 internal SATA

or

2 internal SATA + 2 external eSATA

Cool, and I ordered a new drive cage from Antec; it should be here any day now. This will mean 3 fans at the front of my Antec 900 (ver1), with slots for 9 Hard drives, bitches.

It will look kinda like this, except without the blue lights. I often sleep with my PC on, so I don't like the lights.

My motherboard has 8 SATA II slots. With that adapter, I'll put 9 HDD inside, and 2 external eSATA drives (for backup or whatever) (and the 3rd external is USB 2.0), and I'm running a 3' SATA cable from inside to the outside of my case to my SATA DVD drive, which runs on a modded 2nd PSU to run without a motherboard. Therefore, I can simply flick a switch if I need to use a DVD (rarely). Maybe eventually get Blu Ray and use one of the eSATA slots.

I will install the internet.

Why do you need the g. The f is already loud at max voltage. You're really going to run four g's at max voltage?

>Virus makes another purchase Viper doesn't understand

Why do you need the g. The f is already loud at max voltage. You're really going to run four g's at max voltage?

>Virus makes another purchase Viper doesn't understand
Well where were you when I made a thread asking about what fans to get? :p

I'll keep this thread clean. Go here to discuss: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171750

I made the right choice for my situation, as always. By the way, what other purchases have I made that you don't understand? :laugh

Just received my SGP Steinheil ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector.
attachment.php
I kind of failed while putting it on. I got some dust underneath it because I took too long aligning the piece of plastic to the phone, but at least its not over the screen. I'm just going to ignore it and save the second screen protector for when the current one needs replacing.

Attachments

• 2010-09-07_20-55-48_875.jpg
    2010-09-07_20-55-48_875.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 544
Apparently can't get one for the Hero, and what it seems to think a Hero looks like, is not what a Hero looks like.

I'm almost convinced that was in my list of options...

I'm surprised. It looks hideous.

Just bought these:
Sennheiser PC350 Headset

2010-09-09132840.jpg

2010-09-09133352-1.jpg

I have these, they are great but if I were to buy new ones today I'd buy the HD555 ones since I think they're slightly better (can never go wrong with sennheiser though!). They have an open back though so they're not very good at blocking out background noise which PC350 are really good at. Took me a while to learn to speak into the mic when I almost couldn't hear my own voice!

3f143975.jpg

new media stand, wow shirt and action figure, stone sour cd, 2 genesis games, fracture and your in the movies for cheap (came with a camera for $10!), sketchers dress shoes, gt for psp, and a god of war figurine.

I went to their Nashville concert last September. It was pretty cool.

090920100581.jpg

New set of track pants.

01092010014.jpg

New set of aftermarket fairings.

01092010028.jpg

All laid out ready for prep.

47294_1501786037759_1627443113_1211259_5213313_n.jpg

The end result.

Considering the warranty expires eventually, i'd be more excited if it RRoD'd early.

I lol'd like a Scandinavian towel merchant

You're welcome in my backyard any time for a beer and a chat, kind Krynn. The flat is golden retriever friendly :D

Wow that's really cool that you didn't have to pay for the console you already had. Totally a **** yea moment!
Shit costs $99 otherwise, and shit was going to expire in Dec. So **** right it is, ya goddamn hat.

When my 360 RROD'd it was almost 3 years old. Contacted the tech team, they gave me the details of what to do, all I did was give them my serial number, I packed it up and sent it with the printout sheet they give you for shipping on the box.

2 weeks later they got it back to me with (apparently) a new motherboard, new DVD drive and new PSU. Not like I was about to crack it open and check.

I was completely out of warranty, yet they basically gave me a new 360 as they had gutted my one but kept the case on.

Didnt charge me a thing. Though it could have been because they KNEW the 360s were failing everywhere and didnt want to lose face, cant remember if it was around that time or not.

Didn't early 360's get an extended warranty? Lucky for you though.

I had one for a a couple of days over a year, it gave me the lovely RROD and they wanted £65 or something to replace the dvd drive! I said no and just went and bought a new 360 and sold the other for parts. On my 3rd 360, this one has lasted almost 2 years now.

I think I got mine just under a year after the 360 was released, cant be arsed to look that up. Dont remember anything about extended warranties, but because it was an 'earlier' system, maybe they thought it warranted repairing.

It didnt die at all after it got repaired. Had it for about a year after that and then traded it in for a PS3. I'll never forgot the look on the guy's face in GAME when I handed over about 20 chart-topping games. He was almost crying at how he couldnt believe what I was doing.

Bought all this shit like few days ago. Don't have a camera right now. (I was stealing my sister's before)

lastclothingpurchased.png

YOU BROKE THE RULES HOKEY. You're not allowed to post if alls you got is stock pictures!

Also, what are you? A gay?

Yeah seriously what a ****ing indie hipster fag, why didn't you get Converse shoes instead to match all that other gay stuff?

And a ****ing Bring Me The Horizon Jacket to complete your ****ing Newjack attire.

**** all of you.

Also, anyone who actually tries to skateboard in converse is silly goose. And the skateboard version of the nike dunks are some of the most comfortable shoes i've ever worn.

I already have three pairs of converse.

What are you a logo whore? No comment on the HIPSTER PANTS.

Btw Converse All Stars (original black hi-top) are definitely not gay, it's classic stuff.

Yeah, i've been whoring logos forever. About the pants, the ones I actually bought didn't have the blue patch thing on it. They were all black denim. I just couldn't find them on the site.

I'd whore HL2.net's logo if I could.

Do we even have a real logo?

Hipsters and skatefags are different groups, guys. Get your cliques right.

Back