Post your latest purchases with pics (NO STOCK IMAGES)

Got dayum that picture is big.

HP_MINI-311C_02.jpg

11.6" notebook to make my shitty commute not quite so shitty.

Genuine Leather Hat $20
Sterling Silver Necklace $10
Pendant $5
Snake Choker $10
Hawaii Wristband $2

img06122.jpg

Looking like Mystery while in Mexico...
P.S. Forgot I had the extra pair of sunglasses up there. $15.
Also 2 shots of tequila, 4 margaritas, and 4 other drinks... $21
img0588p.jpg

I don't have it yet and wanna post it. STOCK PHOTO AHOY! Plus I don't have anything to take a photo of it. Well, I could use my phone, then email the photo to myself just so I can upload and post here....yeah....
attachment.php

Attachments

• camera.jpg
    camera.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 721
Finally got my new sneakers from Japan! Buzz Rickson's Athletic Shoes from William Gibson Collection. Extremely hard to find.

4507261213_fa2fbacd54.jpg

At first I thought you were holding a Kin. I lolled.

I love that, 12 years old Jameson is really beautiful. Sláinte!

Would you go as far as to say... 12 year old... females are beautiful?

$9 Walmart frames. I predict this style to become cool again within the next eight years, so I will be ahead of my time.

[Edited due to google warning - Munro]

Is that a graphics tablet they're sitting on? Thats the thinest tablet I've ever seen. Also, why do you have a tablet, and the monster sized Cintiq?

Is that a graphics tablet they're sitting on? Thats the thinest tablet I've ever seen. Also, why do you have a tablet, and the monster sized Cintiq?

Lol, yeah. The black one is the Intuos 4. I won a scholarship a few months after I bought it and used the money to buy the Cintiq, so now I have tablets as far as the eye can see. But I use the Intuos for internet browsing and modeling, and the Cintiq as a second monitor, and for painting and Photoshop stuff. It's too big to use all the time.

I love that, 12 years old Jameson is really beautiful. Sláinte!
Cheers mate!
demomantaunt3.png

I got the hip flask with a bottle of regular Jameson's I got on the duty free on the way over to Geneva, drank it all there, and got 12 Year Old on the way back.

devil-1.jpg

I don't understand why but its awesome music, also the track names make me chuckle

What does newjack mean?

Newjack(As a noun), put in a way that the forums might understand, is along the lines of someone posting in the hl2 section about how they've put a lot of thought into their ideas on how the HL story would turn out, mostly involving G-Man revealing himself to be Gordon Freeman from the future. Their signatures would contain multiple Newjack Emoticons:)imu:'s, :borg:'s, :flame:'s, :afro:'s and others) often formatted in a way to be interacting with one another, and beneath it would be a quote from ctrl-alt-del.

Newjack(In the manner of which I originally used it) as an adjective(right?) was actually referring to the metal scene amongst generation Y(In the general area that I live in(Which seems full of newjacks(Brackets are awesome bro(**** yeah.)))) if you were to somehow transfer your connotations and views of the aforementioned Noun definition and project it onto the image of an underweight 16 - 21 year old (Because anyone under the age of 16 is automatically a Newjack at life and does not count towards this stereotype) man who has Snake Bite piercings, a straightened fringe of hair coming down one side of his face (I never got why people thought combovers were cool, too.) tiny ear stretchers (That he complains about on a regular basis(Around women(I mean wtf))) and wears attire that consists of, but is not restricted to:

• A blue and black "Flanno" jacket/coat/overshirt.
    579393042_62a4b1e68e.jpg

• A matching fashion bandana that sits around the back of his neck.
  • Hipster/Emo-esque framed glasses (Despite not needing a persecription(You'll probably start to think of Hipsters in your head instead of Newjacks(But they're pretty similar(So it's all good.)))
  • A tight "Bring Me The Horizon", "The Amity Affliction", "Wish for Wings", "A Day To Remember", "The Devil Wears Prada", "I Killed the Prom Queen" shirt.
  • Skinny-ass Bitch Jeans, usually black, accompanied with a red or black pair of "Chucks" (Converse Shoes(Like, I'm pretty sure Marty McFly would wear them(But he isn't a Newjack at all, I'd kill to use that huge amp at the start of the first movie(But I suppose it would be irresponsible of Marty to expose the Doc's inventions like that(But he should have thought of that before being a movie character(Dumbass.)))))

Basically, they copy the image of the newjack bands:

BringMeTheHorizonreal.jpg

(Also Dog-- is a newjack.)

Still waiting on my leather jacket I ordered.... a little pissed.

Been 2 weeks since I ordered it & still no tracking number. Sent an email 9 days ago, and another 2 days ago...but no response yet. Getting pissed...

Paypal Dispute

@ Danimal

Jesus Christ, the frontman has a stupid haircut. Or lack thereof. Not that the rest of them aren't bad enough to comment on either.

what's wrong with that?

i have a limited edition "Amnesiac" and limited edition "With Teeth"

(Also Dog-- is a newjack.)

I dont fit ANY of those criteria. I'd consider myself more of a troll maybe, not often but sometimes, I have valid input though so who knows..

What does newjack mean?

There was this movie called New Jack City, that came out in like 1991 or some shit.

newjack.jpg

It was this drugs and guns gangster flick and it had somewhat of a cult following. I remember seeing it a couple times. It stared Ice-T.

It was most notable for this catchy ass single, by Ice-T:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5-6q8ap3vU
References to "newjack" could be found in the lyrics of many popular hip-hop songs of that time.

Then here is some new newjack shit:

bowwowsignscopiesnewjac.jpg

"New Jack City 2"

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/wzimZuxgtWP/Bow+Wow+Signs+Copies+New+Jack+City+II/1KC2YMg2w5r/Bow+Wow

As to what it has to do with "corporate studio, scientifically proven to be a mainstream success" punk music, I have no idea, personally. Other than that blue shirt that Bow Wow is wearing I don't see the connection.

LET'S SEE SOME MOTHER****ING RECORD STORE DAY PURCHASES YOU ****S

pics

Limited edition DVD of The Life of the World to Come by the Mountain Goats. OH GOD YES

In the attached booklet, regarding the song Enoch 18:14-- "The chorus from this song is taken verbatim from a cut scene in the video game Odin Sphere." JOHN DARNIELLE YOU HAVE MADE AN ENTIRE ALBUM ABOUT THE BIBLE AND IT'S REALLY GOOD AND NOT ONLY THAT BUT ONE OF THE BEST SONGS QUOTES A VIDEO GAME MY GOD WILL YOU EVER STOP BEING THE COOLEST PERSON EVER

I hope you cut yourself shaving tomorrow.

All I see is John Bender in that picture.
Heh.

OK guys. I don't know how many will care, I think I've figured out the connection for 'New Jack' coming from a 1991 gangster flick and being used as a term to describe studio punk rock music.

Ice-T got a lot of criticism for being corny; a terrible rapper/actor, a 'fake ass gangster'; a 'studio gangster'. (Badass only in a recording studio)

So there is your connection to 'fake ass studio' punk rock. Commercial music.

So newjack must be a derogatory term for someone who is corny, fake, and trendy - in it for the money. Music for the mainstream.

I just found this amusing, sorry.

Back