Post your latest purchases with pics (NO STOCK IMAGES)

Aren't you, like, 14?

You don't need a phone like that, man!

Haha I'm 15. And you're right I don't. There would actually be no sensible reason for me to have a smart phone, besides that fact that they're really goddamn cool. Even with normal phone bills, I feel bad that my parents pay for my phone bill every month, so I give them half of what I make from doing crappy jobs.

With Vodafone, it's £25 per month for 300 minutes, and unlimited texts.

Just arrived today.
img0124md.jpg

That book on the top right is too intimidatingly large for me.

That book on the top right is too intimidatingly large for me.

It's prolly all pictures.

Back to phones, I have a samsung rogue. It's not considered a smart phone but it has most of the capabilities of one. You don't have to get the unlimited data plan either so I save some money there. Those HTC phones are nice though. I'd like to get a droid one next time around even though I'd have to spend $20 more a month on data.

But really, it's not like you have to be a business profesional to warrant owning a smart phone. The majority of people with smart phones download apps that do stupid crap and are utter convenience. They're just as silly if you're 15 or 50.

Was watching Day(9) today
day9ga.jpg

and look what happened to show up in the mail?
case1nv.jpg

The beautiful Antec 300 Illusion!(and trust me, it's really here, and it's really pretty)
This case is for my new build that I will be finishing in the coming weeks, but I bought it now because Newegg.com gave a $15 off rebate code, and didn't want to miss out.
More pictures: :D
case2n.jpg

case3z.jpg

case4v.jpg

case5.jpg

case6.jpg

It is bigger than I had anticipated, and that's just fine. It looks very roomy and I'm going to enjoy filling her up soon.

haha, Quixoticism :) I noticed in the first pic - the Star Wars vs. Star Trek sketch is one my brother drew when I was a kid. I posted the scan here not too long ago. It's kinda weird seeing that on people's screens...

Quix, your room is white as ****, how are you not blind.
Hope that case can fill up the rapist graphics cards, ****ers be long these days.

That picture your brother drew is beyond all possible descriptions of awesome, and it portrays my feelings about the two as well.(I do like ST, but SW is a StarDestroyer better)

The reason it is so bright in some pictures is because the sun was out and I opened the windows to let in more light, and then add a camera flash on top of that. Most of the time I keep the lights down low.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of room for what I need. I'm only planning on putting a 5750 in there.

I like the fact that it has the panel inputs on the face rather than the top. My USB ports are on top and they are ****ing caked with naval lint looking shit.

Yeah, my case doesn't have the fancy plastic piece on top that yours does, and the angled i/o ports have always looked strange to me. The cases are fairly similar, mine just doesn't have as many of the fancy features.

haha, Quixoticism :) I noticed in the first pic - the Star Wars vs. Star Trek sketch is one my brother drew when I was a kid. I posted the scan here not too long ago. It's kinda weird seeing that on people's screens...

I want this picture. Now.

I decided to modify my desk... I sit too damn much at work. We'll see if I love or hate it.

Almost forgot, tools are new purchases as well.

img0674web.jpg

Pretty nice setup. I really like the glass desks.
Tell me how it is to be standing all the time at the computer too, looks like it should be pretty nice.

Man, I wish I had a desk like that.

The first pilgrims probably built better desks than I have!

^Must donate more blood!

I have 2 desks that I like very much. One of them I got was brand new (it was not even a completely assembled) industrial office desk that I noticed in the window of a salvation army store. The top alone weighs about 80 lbs. It's got 2 file cabinet drawers where you can hang files. Very nice and modern looking. I got it for $40, which is less than the price of the top of my 2nd desk (that I designed and built). I should take pictures but I've got junk laying around and beer can mountains.

I was originally going to extend my custom desk to wrap around (like an "L" or "C" shape desk), but then I saw that entire desk for $40 and I can't beat that price. It's probably a $300 HON office desk. (a picture from the back)

The thing is, both desks are very wide. Designed to accommodate CRT monitors. It's not really a con, because it's still nice to have massive desk-space, but they do have a large footprint.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus

Heritage Cherry Sunburst

imgp1119.jpg

imgp1120i.jpg

imgp1121.jpg

imgp1122.jpg

imgp1124w.jpg

****ing Canada Post damaged it on the way here, so I need to get it tuned up.

The glass desk & metal frame I've had for a few years. What I did was buy 4 boards, 2x8x8ft, cut into 19 inch lengths & 24 inch lengths. Then I built those into boxes & covered them in extra cloth I had sitting around & put my desk on-top of that.

I built is slightly taller than intended.... really it needs to be about 3 or 4 inches shorter (with me @ 5'10"). So far, standing is.... a little different, but not bad. The bottom of my feet go numb after a few minutes of not moving & "leaning on 1 leg" isn't exactly the best idea. Not really that much more of a "pain in the ass" than sitting....but at least I'm never "slouching in my chair." It will take some time to adapt to, but I'm already adapting quickly.

Nerd time, Star Wars figure sale.

Got me this super poseable Commander Cody figure with removable helmet.

And this Space Trooper, because ever since I was a child playing Dark Forces, I've been a sucker for retardedly bulky juggernaut style Storm Troopers. Think I will do a paint job and convert him into a Dark Trooper and put him next to my Kyle Katarn.

Oh shit.

ZT and Rizzo's mom play dolls together.

Darkside joins in too, sometimes. It's hot.

ZT you better turn that guy into a Dark Trooper. It would look so sick awesome. You make me want to play Dark Forces again.

Got my Nexus One about 4 weeks ago. I ****ing love it.
(Sorry about the low quality)
img0171r.jpg

img0172co.jpg

Ok resident Mac users, what programs do I need? I already got ilife09,Gimp, and Microsoft Office Mac 08. Really digging the infrared remote control I can use from my bed to watch itunes.

Attachments

• mymacmini1.jpg
    mymacmini1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 359
  • mymacmini2.jpg
    mymacmini2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 385
  • macdesktop.jpg
    macdesktop.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 340
I don't guess you use Windows 7 as well, do you toaster? XP came out like 10 years ago.

Wait; I was just wondering if that's what you were basing your opinion on. lol dont cry

So, Vista then?

>Why are you making her cry, Virus? That's mean

>Vista is alright...

>Jesus Christ Virus, goddamn douchebag

I'm making everyone cry tonight. If you wanna be next, bend the **** over.

And hand me those onions.

press ctrl+opt+cmd+8 to make the whole screen invert its colors, seriously it's pretty cool
Just tried this on my Dad's Macbook Pro. It's dang awesome. It makes me wonder what other quirks are hiding under that OS's skin.
And it even stays if you play a game fullscreen.
It even stays after a restart...this is going to be awesome!!!:naughty:

My new 04 Mazda 3, just got dropped off today. 23000 miles on the clock, friggin' steal, looks and feels brand new.

4596073444_c256ed9a3b_b.jpg

4595463357_fb20e62b59_b.jpg

4595466607_d557edbe92_b.jpg

4595473589_3613d3e8cb_b.jpg

Books.jpg

If anything in the world is more comforting than a $5 paperback, I've yet to find it.

Back