Post your latest purchases with pics (NO STOCK IMAGES)

DSCF0288_s.JPG

Guess I need a Blu-Ray player now.

IMAG0240-1.jpg

got a few books, H G Wells 7 book collection, Jules Verne 7 book collection, a Devil Wears Prada cd, and Alpha Protocal was only $12. I know its not the best but its cheap enough for me!

^^^I've always been tempted to buy those $20 book collection things, but never went for it. Maybe if they had a Steinbeck collection.

Sorry for craptastic webcam pic. I can't find my battery charger.

190755.jpg

Two more albums on the "buy everything I should've bought instead of downloaded" train. Just cd's because I'm not cool enough to own a record player (how much do those typically cost anyways?).

Nothing surprising here. Sigur Ros's has pretty packaging but nothing special in it. ASMZ has an insert with long ramblings about the typical things they ramble on about.

Brand new phone. :D

HTCDesire.jpg

Got it FREE (with a 2 year contract with my local carrier whom I've been with for 4 years anyway).

It appears that you've taken the phone back in time, to 2004. Either that or you need to set the date on your old camera.

Yes, I was expecting someone to comment on that so I have prepared this response in advance:

My camera is a piece of shit.

Just ordered some clothing for cold weather. It's not here yet so this is all I can show.

20101102204221capture.png

20101102204420capture.png

IMAG0242.jpg

$70 for both because I know how to ****ing shop!

Ahh, just wasn't sure what the packaging was from :)

I want some more Valve merch. Hoping for an xmas sale though soon :D

booksz.jpg

I know I should stop going to the used-bookstore. Mostly because of things like that Steinbeck. I already own a paperback of it (although it's marked up and probably from like the 60s -- seriously, hand-me-down from my aunt). The hardcover was just so darn pretty. I couldn't help myself. $12 so at least it wasn't completely ridiculous (e.g. $20+).

The Gabriel Garcia Marquez was a pretty good deal. $4, no mark-ups or water damage or weird stains or gross smells. And I haven't read it before but supposedly lots of people like it.

I should probably start selling back some books.

IMAG0243.jpg

All for $64! Walmart has a $50 itunes card for $35, so worth it!

The phone PLUS a car charger, for $87.77, plus I got triple reward zone points for using my best buy master card, plus I got double points since it had a special. That amounts to almost another five dollars off. **** yeah Best Buy!

img0002bi.jpg

The phone PLUS a car charger, for $87.77, plus I got triple reward zone points for using my best buy master card, plus I got double points since it had a special. That amounts to almost another five dollars off. **** yeah Best Buy!

img0002bi.jpg

I have that phone and everytime someone sees it they think its the iphone from far away. i love it, i tell them, "no but my phone actually works when i call someone"

I have that phone and everytime someone sees it they think its the iphone from far away. i love it, i tell them, "no but my phone actually works when i call someone"

Someone did that to me today actually, but instead of responding with words, like you do, I turned on the flashlight app and used the retardedly bright dual LED lights on the camera to blind them.

Yeah there's a reason for that. I should probably get some work done.

Been screwing around all [strike]day[/strike] [strike]week[/strike] [strike]month[/strike] [strike]year[/strike] my life.

EDIT: I don't drink soda.

EDIT: But I would if it has alcohol in it.

Gah! I got one more semester of school. Going to make a rapetastic custom built for myself after graduation.

Well, it runs fine. I upgraded from a 4890 that had no trouble running everything at maximum levels anyway, so there's no discernible difference yet.

why bother upgrading then? I'm still running on my 8800 gt from a few years ago, though I am itching for an upgrade soon.

Quite simply, because I can. Plus I put the "old" parts in another PC and brought it up to gaming spec.

Whattt? Is that a regular price, or somewhere close to a regular price? **** me.

Whattt? Is that a regular price, or somewhere close to a regular price? **** me.

No, it was half off at Best Buy that day, making it $99. Then I cashed in some Reward Zone points to get an additional $35 off. Since I bought the phone I got any accessories at half price as well.

why bother upgrading then? I'm still running on my 8800 gt from a few years ago, though I am itching for an upgrade soon.

I bought a 5770 from MSI to upgrade from my 8800 GTS and it was a very nice upgrade for like $150.

looking at some benchmarks I find it hard to justify upgrading to that card. I'm always looking for the components that give the best performance per dollar ratio.

looking at some benchmarks I find it hard to justify upgrading to that card. I'm always looking for the components that give the best performance per dollar ratio.

How is nearly double the frames per second not a justifiable upgrade when the 8800gt is close to single digit framerates?

Wish I had an actual photo, but this is pretty damn close to the two I grilled earlier.

6fc6c1a8.jpg

If you guys have never had pork steaks, go get them. They're like t-bones, but more tender and juicy, if you can imagine it.

Back