Rate the last game you played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently had a chance to play through F.E.A.R. 2, it's a pretty mediocre and standard FPS with all your standard cliches such as canned vehicle sequences, scripted turret events and liberal use of bullet time. FEAR 2 is perhaps the most forgettable and uninteresting shooter of this generation. 6/10

Brigade E5 New Jagged Union - 7/10

Cool ideas but horribly made game.

I didn't expect great quality though, so whatever.

Just played

1. prey 7/10
2. prototype 7/10
3. Infomous 8/10
4. ghostbusters 8/10
5. terminator salvation 6/10
6. The godfather 2 6/10

Guitar Hero: Metallica

7.5/10

Game is just a Metallica based version of GH World Tour which is to be expected. The bad part is that the extra songs that were included... were... "meh". The extra non-Metallica songs weren't bad, but there wasn't much variety. Graphics are probably the best so far and the game even has the character/song creator from WT. The story mode is the same cartoon stuff we've been seeing since GHIII and it takes no time at all to get to the last venue and compete the game. IF you're not a Metallica fan, the game can be lame as it's... a game full of Metallica. The Metallica songs that were included are top notch and sound great. If you're a fan, you'll love it. I just wanted to run back to Rockband 2.

EDIT: The "band" multiplayer is just terrible. I'm not even joking.

Red Faction Guerilla 8/10

Great fun smashing shit up, could do it for hours.

Don't even get me started on that game. The AI is horrible. I don't even have smartass phrases or anything to describe my dislike for that game.

Recently finished:

Still Life 2 - 5/10 - Disappointment, loved the first one.
The Curse of Monkey Island - 8/10 - I had already played when it was released. Still a great game (not as good as the previous MI)
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers - 10/10 - Pure perfection, Jane Jenson for president.
Sam & Max Season 1 - 7/10 - Not bad, not bad at all. Episode 5 was a fantastic gaming experience.
Mass Effect - 8/10 - Played for the second time, now with the female Shep. and with different choices. Also didn't made all those annoying and repetitive side missions, and it felt much better than my first playthrough.

Judge Dredd? What console is that even on?

PC, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, etc.

judge_dredd_death_profilelarge.jpg

Red Faction Guerilla 8/10

Great fun smashing shit up, could do it for hours.
**** yeah that game.

Prototype - 9/10

Loses a point for not letting me slingshot people with the Whipfist.

Red Faction: Guerrilla - 8/10

Kickass game with fun multiplayer. Story is sadly on the weak side though.

Quantum of Solace. 007/100.

That's not a joke. This game really ****ing sucks.

Did everyone forget how horrible the AI in RF: Guerrilla was? D;

I hated the AI, but you're right about the destruction thing. What's really cool is taking out the first level of a building and letting it fall down on itself. :D

Xmen Origins: Wolverine - 8.5/10

Just finished 5 minutes ago and it was slightly better than the movie but just like god of war. The puzzles were easy but annoying and it could have used a little co-op or just more people fighting on Logan's side in battle but there were many epic moments. i also almost upgraded everything. i think i put about 7-8 hours in it because i was looking for a lot of the collectibles. i'm wondering if i should trade this in or keep it. i think its one of those play once and your done kinda game.

Diablo 2 - 9/10

It's still f*cking great. Over the last few days I've been playing on singleplayer because my internet wss screwing up (it's fine now though), and tbh it's still fun on singleplayer, so far I'm lvl 20 paladin in act 3 on sp.

I have Diablo 2 with the expansion just laying around. I should give it to someone. :/

a bunch of itouch/iphone games

Hero of Sparta: like god of war on the itouch 9/10.

Tap Tap Revenge: similiar to guitar hero and just as addictive 8.5/10

Sims 3 - surprising how deep it was for a handheld game 8/10

prototype 8/10

Basically a gory HD reskin of hulk ultimate destruction, so it is really more of the same but in a good way :)

Just like hulk it can be quite frustrating at points for things that are just downright cheap but still on the whole a good, enjoyable experience :)

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1/2 - 9/10

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 - 7.75/10

Too many UI issues. Would have almost a 9 otherwise.

Fallout 3: Point Lookout - 7/10

It freezes and has bugs, but the location is awesome and very detailed, the new weapons are fun and the Civil War hats are too cool.

I liked Point Lookout more than previous DLCs, but I don't understand why they call it a Fallout DLC. It's a really different game. Maybe Bethesda should create more Cthulhu games.

Oh, and Nadine was somewhat sexy. :p

Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage - 2/10...
The armor you get at the very end is awesome but, Jesus... I contemplated suicide about an hour into the quest.

No One Lives Forever - 9.5/10

Smart, funny, stylish, challenging. What a game! This will always be a favourite.

Need for Speed Pro Street 5/10

All the cars feel sluggish. It's like they're trying to completely change from arcade racing to simulation and it isn't working. The menus suck too. That's probably the worst part in my opinion.

No One Lives Forever - 9.5/10

Smart, funny, stylish, challenging. What a game! This will always be a favourite.

Aww damn, I haven't played NOLF in years and years. Totally forgot about that game. Definitely need to reinstall that. NOLF2 is also awesome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back