Rate the last game you played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assassins Creed - 9/10. Could've been the perfect game for me, if not for the few hitches that hold it back such as shady AI and not enough variety in the assassinations.

Super Mario Galaxy - 10/10. It's simply the most fun I've had with a video game since the N64 days. This game oozes quality, perfection, and above all, fun.

Rainbow Six Vegas (PS3) - 8/10. Definitely the best of the Rainbow Series, however the 1080p resolution is buggy.

Call of Duty 4 [PC] = 10 / 10

hey wow, if you like FPS, have I got the game for you... one of the best games I've ever played.

Gears of War [PC] = 10 / 10 (use the 360 controller)

couple of minor complaints, but overall, one of the best games I've ever played.

Mario Galaxy - 10/10

Galaxy is the best game i've played in years. Bar none. It's amazing. Every game i've rated up to now loses a point from this moment forth and should get down on their knees. They are not worthy.

Super Mario Galaxy : 10/10 - Amazing game; I feel like a little kid again playing Mario 64. It's so damn fun, and it's absolutely gorgeous, the music is also very well done. Best 48USD I've spent in a long time. I'm still not even close to being done with it yet though.

PS: For those who have played it - the Queen Bee part is so dirty. "Ohhhhhhh..." "Thats the ticket." "That tickles."

Crysis: 8/10

Finished the game on hard about an hour ago and i have to say, that this game had so much potential and it all just went to absolute shit. For all the people out there raving about the non-linear gameplay this game offers, its only there for half of the game (which amounts to 5-6 levels) and its nothing that Far Cry didn't do in the first place. Its just done alot better than Far Cry and its really fun in a few levels. Then comes the alien portion of the game and it just degenerates from "non-linear exciting FPS" to "Star Trek: Elite Force" with a bit of ID4 thrown in for good measure. So in other words it goes from "great game" to "2000 FPS" in one level. Some of the linear levels are still fun though, but they are nowhere near as fun as anything Infinity Ward, Bungie or Valve can make. And for the most part the aliens aren't fun to fight either their just annoying. Didn't see what was so bad about the Korean A.I. though. They did a good job i thought and kept me on my toes most of the time. The only thing i didn't like was that they were snipers on higher difficulties and could also be extremely stupid when fighting at long range.

Great for the first halve of the game, mediocre for the second halve. Not worth the hype but worth a shot. DEFINITELY not worth upgrading for. And it crashed quite a lot towards the end of the game when playing on dx9 in vista. Also this game felt shorter than i expected and i think it took me around 8 hours to finish.

Call of Duty 4: 9/10

Crytek: This is how to make a linear FPS. Take note. A short game but the gameplay was terrific and always intense. There were one or two places on Hardened that had me pulling out my hair due to stupidly placed auto-saves but besides that i have next to no complaints about the game. Great cutscenes (again Crytek take note, this is how to do first-person cutscenes) and a good storyline (surprisingly). I'm going to go replay it now.

Mario Galaxy - 10/10

Incredible. This game is pure liquid happy on a stick. And if you don't think that's possible, then you're obviously not THINKING WITH GALAXIES(tm).

Halo3 ..only a few hours in 8/10 ..graphics are nice, gameplay is ho hum, much better in co-op

Mario Galaxy - 10/10

Incredible. This game is pure liquid happy on a stick. And if you don't think that's possible, then you're obviously not THINKING WITH GALAXIES(tm).

Galaxy is still flooring me with every visit. You'd think that afer a few hours play and 20 odd stars that you'd have seen all it has to offer, but nooooooo - it continues to throw surprise after surprise at you in a constant ****ing barrage of creativity. At 30 stars I thought it was awesome, at 60 I had no dount that this was my goty (by a some margin) and by the 100 mark I had to stop and masterbate every 5 minutes.

Dawn of War: 8/10

I played on Insane this time around, and it was pretty damn fun. Not as taxing as I might have imagined, but fairly tough all the same. The singleplayer isn't bad at all, and I wish they'd get back to making these kinds of campaigns. The story was average, and the voice acting/dialogue cheesy, but it was enough to keep you going.

I recently picked up the Dawn of War epic edition with all 3 games and I must say, I've been more attached to it than I ever was with Company of Heroes. I just finished the first Dawn of War campaign and just started Winter Assault. The combination of ranged and melee combat really is cool. The animations are very nice with finishing melee moves and stuff. Other things I like are group cuztomization, bodies remain on the battlefield, lots of different races and units to play with.

9/10

The story was average,

how much 40k fluff (background) do you know about? you'll probably enjoy it more if you knew about things like the horus heresy, the =][=, fall of the eldar

Mass Effect - 9/10

D:

Conan - 6/10

Plays like a God of War clone.

Skate - 0/10

****ING BLOCKBUSTER GAVE ME A ****ED DISC SO I CAN'T PLAY IT!

Jurassic Park: Trespasser - 8/10

Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza - 2/10

Art of Theft - 7/10

Mass Effect 10/10

I don't even own a 360, but I have been playing it non-stop on one of my roommates' system. Easily one of the best, if not the best game I've played all year. This is the game that is going to make me buy a 360.

It's a great game. Gameplay, physics, graphics. It's like Half-Life 2 meets Jurassic Park.

Soldier of Fortune (not 3) - 8/10

I played it and got ****ing infuriated with the gameplay, physics, and graphics.
It's boring and frusturating to play, however it was really promising with its unique features.
It failed to be any fun to play, imo.

Insurgency Beta 2.0: 8/10
Feels great, fun gameplay... but they need to fix the ****ing class chooser.

Crysis-8/10 Alien machines were bad looking but aliens were exciting,
that was a terrible ending but very good play mechanics and shows why pc shooters are good, they dont try to be party games.

Snow levels were not as good as the intro ones but intro got me tired of fighting NK and wanting to see the aliens more, they should have had the alien part along with NK, sometimes fighting each other, sometimes you making your way through alien or NK territory with alien territory gradually taking parts of the island

Not every damn alien machine needs a damn freeze ray, i know they are big on cold, but some variety would go a long way in making it cool

Gears of War-8/10 This game would have benefited from staying on the PC, enemies looked terrible, retarded alien design and why were they speaking English? more stupid w00t stuff like attachable grenades and a chainsaw bayonet that dont do much for my enjoyment, but i did like the horror/blood themes. Some more story elements needed like the relation of the planet to Earth and where those things came from with more inventive characters.
Controls were too big on one button and it was hard to keep running without attaching to walls, they needed a button for just running that also had you vault over obstacles automatically.

Still was a blast to play so i scored it high but it just could use effort

Assassin's Creed - 8/10
Loving it so far. The repition starts to get to me if I play for too long, but it's damn amazing taken a few hours at a time. Has to be the most fluid control system ever, and I'll never know how they animated every single action so well.

.... chainsaw bayonet that dont do much for my enjoyment

How can you not like the chainsaw?

I doubt the character models and voice work would have been any different if GoW was a pc exclusive.

I picked up GOW for the 360 the other week. Chainsaw is not as cool as I thought it would be, but it's fun all the same (playing on hardcore or whatever it's called). One up from casual.

Well, I don't think anybody can knock the chainsaw, at least.

How can you not like the chainsaw?

I doubt the character models and voice work would have been any different if GoW was a pc exclusive.

I always get the feeling that 360 encourages such party gaming methods at the cost of story elements, there were large story gaps but plenty of stupid filler that reminds me of Halo a lot.

The characters were nothing, stupid and loud pointless morons that went down before they were of any help to me. Not a single one i can recall now but i do remember them being cliches that did nothing for me, that is to be expected from the "squad of marines" character set that most games have. Most characters are bad so only Half Life 2 had any real well developed characters that I could be fascinated by mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back