Post your latest purchases with pics (NO STOCK IMAGES)

Oh god, it's so small though. I'd want at least 27 inch at that resolution.

Edit: Or is it 27? Hard to tell because I'm comparing it to that Samsung which I have, but mine is 24. So if yours is 26 then I guess the other one is 27. But the aspect ratio makes it seem smaller.

Its 27" and the Samsung is 26". In addition to the aspect ratio, the Samsung also has a significantly larger bezel. The depth of this new one is slightly thicker, but its even all the way up and down rather than tapered like the Samsung. Its also aluminum, not plastic, which makes it a heavy son of a bitch.
Look at you, watching movies in photoshop. Is this what the world has come to?

SURE SURE, THE PS6 VIDEO PLAYBACK THING IS NIFTY, BUT I DON'T THINK THAT'S THE INTENDED USE.

Its actually media player classic, just running over photoshop. I was converting the pic of the monitors from RAW to jpg when I decided to see how big a 1080p movie looked on it.

I'm just glad the thing isn't broken. UPS did a number on the box, thing was pretty trashed. ****ing assholes.

EDIT: Whoops, lol. Missed your "shut up, I know" bit.

When we get UPS packages they're always ****ed up. Contents inside seem to usually be fine though, but then again we're not receiving monitors. Sometimes we are though so... I dunno.

But anyway yeah UPS is really rough on packages compared to FedEx.

I received a whole bunch of stuff lately, and will be receiving more. But I just don't care to take any pictures of them because I get no joy out of taking shitty quality pictures with my phone.

Latest batch of awesomeness has just arrived.​
0iwabIl.jpg
26BCB17680406ECC73BE9EBDCD90EB566E93E5A6

Latest batch of awesomeness has just arrived.
God you're such a nerd with all that nerd gear.

Got my other monitor up with my "customized" dvi cable. You can really tell the difference in color. I've tried to color correct the photo to match as closely as I can to how it looks for me off-screen.
OYJNMXw.jpg

And a screen capture, because why not. Its cool how Windows 8 has the charms bar on both screens, and also the start bar so I can even open my most used programs while on the secondary screen. Need to find some new wallpapers now...
7T91L38.jpg

It's easier to see on darker desks. So you have no excuse for the one on the right. I use my air can once every few weeks on both the computer and anywhere on the desk i notice it changing color.

You'll always defend him no matter what, Jughistratus.

It's easier to see on darker desks. So you have no excuse for the one on the right. I use my air can once every few weeks on both the computer and anywhere on the desk i notice it changing color.
Yeah, but you don't understand how much shit was on that desk. There was a unused 37" tv there, and that was only accounting for half the amount of stuff that was on it. I literally couldn't see the majority of the desk.

I hardly ever get dust on my things now that I've change room. The problem was because of my carpet. Since changing to a tiled room I've actually yet to dust.
Life is pristine at the moment.

Quick question: In order to access the Metro stuff/Side-bar options, do you have to move your cursor all the way to edge of the screen on the right?
You can bring it up on either monitor with the same move (putting cursor in the bottom right of either screen).

A gift from Shamrock. Friggin love this kid!! :D
Thanks bud!

IMG_0480_zpsda9ec33a.jpg

This here is my new hat. I call her Vera. Kinda cunning, doncha think?

Attachments

• DSC_0064.jpg
    DSC_0064.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 398
A black hat with "brown coat" written on it. You're going to confuse a lot of innocent children who are just learning to read.

Awww man, that made me laugh...

The hat is actually brown, its just my crappy phone-cam isn't colour balanced. I also uploaded it from my phone, so wasn't able to see just how bad it was until I got home...

I was all shiny an' the like. You took my shine, Krynn. I want it back.

Why did that image load right to left? I guess it was a J-peg.

:woot:

Three new additions to the collection since November. And good lord how prices for everything from ammo to sights to receivers themselves have skyrocketed, it's insane. There's definitely money to be made right now.

AR-15,
MAC11 9mm,
Ruger 10/22 .22

FTY18qx.jpg

mbV1A1G.jpg

QslSfYx.jpg

The .22 is hilarious to me. Not what I imagine when I think of a .22.

The .22 is hilarious to me. Not what I imagine when I think of a .22.

haha yeah, it's just a Ruger 10/22 with a Tapco pistol grip/rails stock. I still have the original nice wood stock of course. Made it 'tacticool' and it's a blast to mow through hundreds of rounds with. Now if only .22 ammo would come back down in price to around 5 cents a round I'd be very happy. People are selling it on backpage and craigslist for insane prices like 15 cents a round.

Below is the exact conversion I did minus the scope and bipod.

rugerbanner.jpg

Guns creep me out, though I must admit they're still pretty cool.
Thanks! The AR and the 22 are a blast to shoot. The MAC 11 is fun (now that I've fixed it) but it originally gave me nothing but problems. Bought it at a gunshow in Las Vegas and the serial number indicated it was produced in 1989. Had to put a brand new bolt, hammer spring, and sear plate in the MAC11 but now my wife loves it. She and I are trying to increase our collection as much as possible to make sure we have enough to pass down.

razer-deathstalker-gaming-keyboard-1.jpg

Finally upgraded from a $10 no-name ("Verbatim") keyboard. Wrist rest is a little weird, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Finally upgraded from a $10 no-name ("Verbatim") keyboard. Wrist rest is a little weird, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
What's it like to use? The keys, I mean. I've looked at a couple of Razer keyboards at one of my local retailers and wasn't sure if they were worth the money Razer was asking. They look cool to me, but the ones I got to touch on display seemed.... tacky...

Hmm.. Well I got it at an office supply store (Staples) on clearance. Normally a $100 keyboard, got it for half that. It's nice. doesn't feel tacky or cheap to me. I'm enjoying the backlit keys (I'm up mostly at night since I work graveyard shifts at work), and the fact I can push more than 3 buttons at the same time is great (package boasts I can push up to 10 at a time, which is insane). I really got it for the noise though. It types VERY quiet. My old cheap keyboard was loud as a mother****er, people could hear me type across the house and upstairs, too.

This one has a "gaming mode" that turns off the ability to use alt+f4, alt+tab, and the windows key. The mode is useless to me because I use those things while in game sometimes, and never accidentally hit them. It also has a mode that records your keystrokes. Again, pretty useless to me. This particular model has no customizable keys, which is alright for me as I don't really need any. The wristrest is actually kind of nice, still getting used to it though. I'm used to finding the bottom edge of the keyboard to figure out where my hands are in relation to the keyboard without having to look. It's harder to do now, so I find myself looking down at the keyboard more often to compensate, but those backlit keys help a lot in this respect.

They had a mechanical Razer keyboard there which feels mighty fine to type on, but they're WAY louder. Every key is easy to push, but clicks loudly. So far from what I hear the only draw to mechanical keyboards is that they're nicer to type on, and they cost twice as much. Not worth it to me, especially since I wanted a quiet keyboard.

Razer Deathstalker it's called. If you go to Razer's site they have Deathstalker with like this little touchscreen thing on the side where the numpad is, that's not the one I have. I've got a cheaper model with no touchscreen.

As one of the cheaper high-end gaming keyboards I'd recommend it. But again, I've been using shitty $10 bottom of the barrel keyboards for my whole life. This is my first gaming keyboard, but it works great and feels nice. (y)

P.S. I forgot to mention another draw for mechanical keyboards is that they last WAY longer (if you take good care of them). Supposedly a normal keyboard lasts for 1-3 million keystrokes, a mechanical lasts like 10 million or something.
Vegeta897 said:
Low profile keys..

WHY
Eh, I'm used to it for having used a laptop for so long before I bought my gaming rig. Doesn't bother me much. It took me about 2 hours to get used to though, since I haven't used low-profile keys in a long long while. It's always really weird getting used to a new mouse or keyboard.. I'm so used to my old ones! I'll probably never stray from my beloved Logitech M310 mice though :p

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer when I said tacky. I actually meant that the one in the store felt like the keys felt like there was glue under them, like they'd get stuck! Was weird. Maybe it was just the store didn't clean it after a kid spilled coke in it or whatever.
This one has a "gaming mode" that turns off the ability to use alt+f4, alt+tab, and the windows key. The mode is useless to me because I use those things while in game sometimes, and never accidentally hit them. It also has a mode that records your keystrokes. Again, pretty useless to me. This particular model has no customizable keys, which is alright for me as I don't really need any.
I wouldn't use any of those functions either. I have a Nostromo, so I use that for most games where I've customised various profiles for games. I used to have a backlit keyboard ages ago, until my 3 year old spilled a cup of hot chocolate on it. Loved that thing. It was very quiet. I'm using a cheapy like you were at the mo, and it sounds like a bloody typewriter!

Ducky 9008 Shine 2 - Orange LED - Brown Switches

pVcrZQg.jpg

This is my second Ducky Shine 2 since my last one was lifted when I was mugged back in December on the way home from work. Not too excited about the orange (preferred the green way better), but I'm more about the action than the looks (I do A LOT of typing for my job). The orange is noticeably dimmer than the green.

Edit: For comparison - Post your latest purchases with pics (NO STOCK IMAGES)

I want a keyboard like that. The one you have is $200 here though!

I want a keyboard like that. The one you have is $200 here though!
Seems about right. A lot of the well known mechanical keyboards are $150-200.

After using my keyboard, I've finally come across one downside to it, there is no volume control buttons on it. I could adjust the windows volume with my last keyboard, but now I need to actually turn the physical dial on my speaker control or my headset, or use the mouse to drag the windows volume slider. Lame. But this keyboard is great otherwise. Brown switches would probably have been better than blacks, but whatever, now I can choke people easier if I need to with my super strength fingers.

Ducky Shine II (the one he got) is $140. And a lot are cheaper, especially unbacklit ones.

But we're talking about NZ dollars here which are craaaazy.

Back