Rate the last game you played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need For Speed: Undercover - 1/10
Dear god this game is awful. Nearly everything in this game is bad. The over use of bloom hurts my eyes and feels like a stun grenade gone off. Everything and i mean everything is way to bright.Unlike conventional HDR which is Dynamic, EA decided just to set it on overbright and leave it there.
The cars look pretty rubbish when compared to other games like Grid and the music is awful.
The worse is the AI, there is none. The so called improved police AI are not smarter they just cheat even more obviously. I'm in a Buggati Veyron(The fastest production car in the world) and i'm having police SUVs flying past me while i'm maxing out. Stay well clear of this. I got it for free and still felt rip off.

Absolutely agree with all this. I had heard all the horrible reviews and so decided not to buy it. Have now played it both on PC and PS3, but it's absolutely horrible on both. You'd expect the PS3 graphics to at least be good, but they're terrible. You can see jagged edges, and ugh. Do not get this game.

Descent - 8/10

Still fun after 14 years, but there are a couple of enemies that are really annoying.

I work with a guy who worked on those games. He made the Decent 3 intro pretty much by himself. I ****ing loved that intro scene.

I work with a guy who worked on those games. He made the Decent 3 intro pretty much by himself. I ****ing loved that intro scene.

Dude that's awesome. I never played Descent 3, but one of my friends loves that game (and made me watch videos of it).

Soul Calibur 4 - 9.5/10

Easily one of the most addictive games I've ever played. Gets extremely hard too after a bit.

Yoshimitsu rules :p

Yoshi was one of my favorite characters in Tekken 3 :D
That game was so awesome.

Dear god this game is awful. Nearly everything in this game is bad. The over use of bloom hurts my eyes and feels like a stun grenade gone off. Everything and i mean everything is way to bright.Unlike conventional HDR which is Dynamic, EA decided just to set it on overbright and leave it there.
The cars look pretty rubbish when compared to other games like Grid and the music is awful.
The worse is the AI, there is none. The so called improved police AI are not smarter they just cheat even more obviously. I'm in a Buggati Veyron(The fastest production car in the world) and i'm having police SUVs flying past me while i'm maxing out. Stay well clear of this. I got it for free and still felt rip off.

Game is pretty shit. I'd give it a 3/10, only because it has an RX7 and RX8 in there...

Though the fkn RX8 is a piece of crap in game. It gets man handled in the turns vs a stock Mustang. This game is wrong on so many levels.

ALSO, question, I've never played this game on any other system besides computer, but when taking a turn and such, even with the pedal down to the floor, I slow down a bunch but the computers are accelerating through the corners. Is it because on PC, when you push the arrow down it's like turning the wheel 100%, so the game thinks you need to slow down, or even on the console with the little joystsick thing you slow down?

Mirrors Edge 9/10

Loved the art style, loved the simplicity of pulling off complex moves and enjoyed the story.
Was going to give this 8, but then thought what an excellent port it is so it gets an extra point for that seeing as how they actually gave a shit about the PC this time.

ALSO, question, I've never played this game on any other system besides computer, but when taking a turn and such, even with the pedal down to the floor, I slow down a bunch but the computers are accelerating through the corners. Is it because on PC, when you push the arrow down it's like turning the wheel 100%, so the game thinks you need to slow down, or even on the console with the little joystsick thing you slow down?

It's the same on the consoles. You slow down when turning into a corner.The Ai don't obey the few laws of physics in this game. They can plough head on into another car and still keep the speed. Everything your car can do the Ai's can to supposedly keep the challenge. So that mustang will still have it's power but the handling of your RX8.

Fallout 3 - 7/10

I enjoyed it, was an interesting story, decent variety of quests, the characters were interesting and the combat was good.

But Oblivion is still miles ahead of it, while having guns was cool, it will be nothing like getting up close and personal with a sword and shield, not to mention having the magic option. The general surroundings of fallout gets boring fast, I can't stand having wonder through the ruins of the city center just so I can get the fast track option, its just endless buildings and I am sick to death of seeing super mutants. I just was not compelled to take my time and have a good look around the various tunnels and buildings and do my own searching, it more of just a rush to get to the place I needed to go.

The aspects of having a horse in Oblivion made traveling easier, and the environments were lovely, other than the wasteland. The lack of guilds is a HUGE blow, the guild missions in Oblivion were the best parts of the entire game, as well as the Arena. And the lack of classes damages its re playability, whereas with Oblivion you could be be a brute force, sword and shield class once, and a magic user next, an archer another time.

Other than these flaws, I still enjoyed other aspects of it, and some of the quests were excellent. But I really do think they made some terrible decisions when making this game.

Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends - 7.75/10

Pretty addictive, but really fast and easy. The city centers are pre-planted unlike in RoN, but it's still a fun game. Nice graphics.

Fallout 3 - 8/10
Good game but getting tired of the same old surroundings
AND I'M TIRED OF THE GOD DAMN SUPER MUTANTS
You see more of those then you do even freaking humans!

It's the same on the consoles. You slow down when turning into a corner.The Ai don't obey the few laws of physics in this game. They can plough head on into another car and still keep the speed. Everything your car can do the Ai's can to supposedly keep the challenge. So that mustang will still have it's power but the handling of your RX8.

That is what always pisses me off in the Need for Speed series. GRID doesn't really hinder me at all like that. It just makes it so much less fun when you go to take a corner, and you're 3 seconds ahead of the rest of the group, but when you exit the turn, they are passing you going 2x's your speed. Yeah, keep the challenge my dick.

Prince of Persia - 9/10

Just beat this earlier. I love when developers make endings like that, but hate them at the same time. :|

Lumines 2 - 9/10

Played it for the first time in a few months, f***ing awesome. Although, I still suck horribly.

It still upsets me what they have done to the NFS series. I remember the good old days where me and my brothers would crowd around the computer screen playing Hot Pursuit, what an awesome game that was. Then Porsche Challenge, and Hot Pursuit 2 was still brilliant imo. It would have been ok if they had created the Underground games and kept that side of things separate and continued to create the Hot Pursuit games alongside Most Wanted and Carbon (although i did quite like Most Wanted). The last 2 games they have created are criminal.

Half-Life: Blue Shift 8/10

Ah, it was a really fun game, but I got really Peed off when the scientists didnt do as they were told, I had to get them to press the keypad on the door, and they ignore me so I spawned a grunt and had him killed then he started shooting at me! Graphics are s****

Half-Life: Blue Shift 8/10

Ah, it was a really fun game, but I got really Peed off when the scientists didnt do as they were told, I had to get them to press the keypad on the door, and they ignore me so I spawned a grunt and had him killed then he started shooting at me! Graphics are s****

It's ****ing 9 years old you moron.

Considering he has a HL1 mod/port linked in his sig, I'm going to assume that was meant jokingly.

Saints Row 2: 7/10
Awesome fun game. Was considering returning the game after the first hour of game play but I'm glad I held onto it. Love the activities you can do through out the game do just muck around for a bit.

Rise of Nations - 9/10

All kinds of awesome. Someone needs to take this, scale it up and merge it with Total War, then add city walls.

world of goo 9/10

so much fun, can be frustraty and tricky but still SO much fun :D

Rock Band 2 - 9/10

Great songs, great gameplay...It loses a point for me only being able to do Hard on drums :devil:

World of Goo - 10/10 - best puzzle game ever
Far Cry 2 - 7/10 - stunning graphics, fun sandbox, slightly lame in fps aspects
Left 4 Dead - 10/10 - yall know
GTA IV - 8/10 - beautiful, love the touches of hyperrealism (people littering, cops chasing random criminals, etc), but it's missing something (like an inspired story mode), Nico's voice acting is ludicrous, and WHY IS THERE NO PARACHUTE
DOW2 Beta - 7/10 - early impression, some things about it bug me quite a bit, others i like

Do tell more. If this game has CoH-like gameplay I might get it.

Same developers, but Dawn of War tends to be a lot more simplistic compared to Company of Heroes, but its play pretty much the same.

Dawn of War 2 Beta - 8/10

Its DoW but drenched in CoH essence. For example, heavy weapons can be setup using a cone like in CoH with the MGs, and everything is used as cover. yellow representing light cover, green heavy etc. Fights are frantic and more importantly, seriously intense. If youre playing against someone who's actually got a brain, it becomes a mix of battles and point capture + defence, and the tempo of the game constantly changes. I like it.

Currently downloading a developer's commentary match which apparently explains the game's mechanics and slaps down any comments about a lack of base building or anything else the beta testers are bitchy-whining about.

Same developers, but Dawn of War tends to be a lot more simplistic compared to Company of Heroes, but its play pretty much the same.

Yeah, the 'simplicity' was what put me off the first DoW. It's basically rock-paper-scissors with really cool graphics and some territory grabbing. The tactical gameplay of CoH was a big draw for me. So ĐynastҰ saying it's "DoW but drenched in CoH essence" just made my care-o-meter shoot up.

Well if you watch dev videos and things, if youre bored enough, they mention alot of CoH links such as 'Similar to CoH' or 'You may remember in CoH' etc.

Fallout 3 10/10 Crazy detail crazy ****ing detail!!!!

Just wish they put more effort into the story. Made it a little more deep. They had the world and they got really close with the story. But compare it to a story as deep as Deus Ex and it doesnt come close.

saints row 2 - 9/10

stupid? yes
absurd? yes
ridiculous? yes
mother****ingfunwithmanylaughshadplayingincoop? hell yes

Skate 2 9/10

I've had it for about an hour and a half, and I ask my little brother to turn it up a little bit. He gets up, shuffles across the room, and adjusts the volume, then he brings his foot full force into my Xbox (on accident) and ****s up the disc. I am not in a good mood right now.

you know how it goes... if you want it done right, do it yourself and dont be lazy and ask your little bro

mirror's edge - 6/10

fun when it isn't stupid.

I finally picked up Bioshock. Never got around to beating it because of school and other crap, but I never seem to finish games these days either. I still give it a 8/10. I loved the "sense" you got from that game with the recordings you could find. It gave you a great background and connection to how Rapture deteriorated.

Ratchet And Clank 3 - 9.3/10
The funniest and wittiest in the series but not the best. Such a steep difficulty curve and some attempts to be like Halo makes this one just not quite as amazing as the first two.

Left4Dead 8.7/10
Probably the best Zombie adaptation in a long long time with enough legs to keep it stable for a little bit longer. Could use more content through DLC for free but the Achievements will make you coming back for more. I'd like to see a little bit more random in the game but its definitely worth multiple play sessions.

Farcry 2 (PC) - 8/10

So much better on the PC than the 360, its just impossible to be as accurate with the guns on the 360. Kinda essential in an fps...

Battle Grounds 2 (HL2 mod) - 9/10

****ing love this shit, i don't care if it's kind of lo-quality in regards to art/content, it's so much fun (bayonet battles are epic).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back