Rate the last game you played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left 4 Dead - 8/10

Finally got my hands on it. Its great, played the demo when it came out and loved it. Love it now that ive got the full version. Loss of marks due to tediousness, its just repetitive. Kind of expected more of a story integrated overall, even though its basically a MP game. Cant help but feel like its a third party mod or something, not an official Valve release but anyway. Let the flaming begin.

Prince Of Persia - 8.5/10

Yeah its a bit repetitive, but you just dont care when you watch this..this...symphony of acrobatics on the screen in easily the best looking game in YEARS.

ICO 9/10

Brilliant game, platforming can be a little frustrating and it can take a little while to figure out where to go but a bloody brilliant game!

Also I thought Bioshock was overrated aswell 7/10. Just my 2 cents.

Prince of Persia - 8/10

ending - RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE/10

Fallout 3 - 9/10

When I first bought this is was kinda dissapointed with the gameplay. VATS was cool, but combat sucked outside of that, and it had too many shoddy bugs and animation problems.

I've continued playing since, and I've been completely sucked in. The bugs and animation problems I can generally overlook, and the combat gets better once your character improves. Oh, and the perks in this game are some of THE best I've seen in an RPG. They just add so much more to it for me, and are almost more of an incentive for me to level up than the forgettable story is.

The quests are varied enough to me (unlike Far Cry 2, which I also own), and the rewards are generally worthy. What really gets me is the amount of detail put into the world. There is ALWAYS something new for me to discover, and most of them are unique. The ability to find special items no matter what level you are is also a lot of fun. Not to mention that you can wear a bunch of hilarious clothing to make VATS scenes even funnier. I think it was a smart choice to inhibit the fast-travel to places you have discovered. It pissed me off at first, as the first trek to Rivet City was quite long. However, there were interesting things all the way down there, and I felt a sense of acomplishment making the dangerous journey down there.

Those are my impressions of the game so far.

Gears of War 2 - 8.975/10

Great story, great ending, even if I did get emotionally attached to the Brumak.

GTA 4: PC Version - 3/10
An awful awful port. Who's idea was it to have to sign into social club and GFWL just to play. Performance is the worst since Crysis and yet the graphics are no where near Crysis quality there's no AA and has awful looking pixalated shadows. The recommended specs are a joke a 8600GT recommend, not a chance unless you want lower graphics than the console versions and more lag. Controls can't be configured to how you like it, as the game refuses to let me use the buttons on my mouse and i can't bowl unless i use a very cheap mouse. Sloppy work by Rockstar makes me unable to enjoy this supposed masterpiece of gaming.

even if I did get emotionally attached to the Brumak.
Ohmygodthis.

Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon - 6/10

What the **** happened to Spyro? WHY DID YOU SELL HIM OUT INSOMNIAC?! That said, some of the environments are colorful.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 6/10

Meh.

Left 4 Dead (with friends) - 9/10

Hilarious 'oh shit!' and 'omg here they come' screams push it into the 9s for me. Its just not as fun unless youre talking with someone. Singleplayer for some of the achievements though.

Was going to get get L4D yesterday but ended up buying another game instead so ill probally buy it in a week or so.

Dead Space: 7 out of 10
Not NEARLY scary enough. Only enemy that actually bothered me were the screaming wall-dudes: the baddies should've been more human. Far too easy as well- even Impossible difficulty wasn't challenging enough.

Fallout 3: 9 out of 10
Lots of fun, great atmosphere, but waaaaay too much like Oblivion. A lot of the writing (and voice acting!) really didn't fit the gritty, post-apocalyptic feel. On the plus side: BUTTON GWINNET! :D

Silent Hill 2 (not quite done, but whatever): 9.9999 out of 10
Combat is a bit awkward, some goofy cutscenes, but shit, it's aaaaaaawesome.

Darkstar One - 8/10

Cutscenes/voice acting are totally crap but it's still a pretty fun space combat sim.

Banjo-Kazooie (XBLA) - 7/10

It's loud and colourful and you collect things. Hmm. Pretty fun nonetheless, and some clever level design too.

Banjo-Kazooie (XBLA) - 7/10

It's loud and colourful and you collect things. Hmm. Pretty fun nonetheless, and some clever level design too.
Banjo Kazooie seems surprisingly boring in 2008. The later levels do get better though. I didn't think so at the time, but Banjo Tooie is a lot better, and actually holds up today.

I am quite surprised at how much I loved Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. It was a terrific amount of fun making all manner of vehicles with a bunch of friends, and watching our creations fail in ways never thought possible.

Quake 4 - 8/10

Better than I expected, beats Doom 3 imo, I never even finished that game once due to getting bored.

Force Unleashed (Wii) - 7.5/10

Fun, but can get complicated and frustrating sometimes where you just get to the point of waving your arms everywhere like a retard (****ing Jedi's in later levels - ****impossible)..

Far Cry 2 (360) - 8/10

It's fun, it's Far Cry 1 without gay mutants and it's open world. Good stuff.

I am quite surprised at how much I loved Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. It was a terrific amount of fun making all manner of vehicles with a bunch of friends, and watching our creations fail in ways never thought possible.
Me too! Between Banjo and Viva Pinata, I think Rare may be back! But then I learned the guy that did the music for all of those games left, and got sad again.

007: Quantum Of Solace - 0/10

****ing wow.

Lego Batman - CAN'T PLAY/10

THANKS FOR ****ING UP THE DISC THE FFFFFFF.

NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer
9/10
Awesome story, brilliantly told with excellent characters.
Loses a point for the bugs in the engine which can cause crashes - make sure you save often! and for some of the curse-related micro.

**** you One of Many why did you go and have to do that! After how well I treated you, you little bitch! AAARGHGHH!

Mercenaries 2 - 5/5 Given the amount of problems it got, but clear them up
and it could it could be good

Crysis 9/10 - Late to the party with this one. Has been sitting on the shelf a while too, unplayed. Well worth dusting off and getting to grips with. It can be very unforgiving (but it's not like I didn't have the option of saving the game after 30 minutes of sneaky shooty on each village where the game chose to surprise one shot kill me. Or turn the difficulty down a couple of notches lower). But it's a rewarding shooting experience that's as good as your interest in exploring it. No enduring milestone in FPS history, but a memorable title nonetheless.

Was surprised how fast the game accelerated in the final chapters... shame this coincided with character development, leaving you a bit dubious as to how the few main characters got so chummy with you. The only character you spend even remotely enough time with is Psycho, the walking shitbrickhouse of gung-ho cliche, and that's partly because his character has the subtlety of an atomic blast to the face. All of a sudden, there's this chick you met once clearly trying to get into your robotic pants and it doesn't hold. I suppose, as you fly off into the sunset, the whole cheese factor of the thing leaves it equally open for you to choose some manlovingbeartime with Psycho... that and I find it hard to deduct points from a (still well presented) shooter story from the makers of Far Cry, the bad FPS story to end all bad FPS stories. [notpc]If you're going to make an ironic FPS action story, make it in a country that actually has a history of understanding irony.[/notpc]

GTA IV - 5/5. Where the hell are bikes?!
GTA II - 4/5. Just figured out how to save game.
Age of Chivalry -5/5. Obviously must have. It's damn perfect.

call of duty waw - 5/10.

playing on veteran makes you hate this game.

Dead Space (first few chapters) - 8/10

Loved it. Gonna see if I can wrangle it for christmas.

Dead Space (first few chapters) - 8/10

Loved it. Gonna see if I can wrangle it for christmas.

Totally. The first few chapters were terrifyingly awesome, and I was even playing with a bunch of friends in the room. The fact that aliens will KEEP QUIET just so they can sneak up on you scared the crap outta me when it happened.

Please people, the demo was AWFUL. It does not capture the essence of Dead Space at all, its so different from the actual game. I implore you to at least rent it to see how it really is.

Condemned- 8.9/10

Nearly done, the monsters seem pretty useless, but I like it.

Mass Effect- 8.4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back