Rate the last game you played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyro 1 was great game except for the totally abysmal camera. Also the fact that I came pretty close to 100%ing it on a one-night rental. Never got around to trying to second one, Insomniac was still on board at that point, right?

tried to play silent hill 1 and unistalled after 5 minutes couldnt take the graphics and no mouse suport i hope SH 2 and 3 are better.

World of Goo - 9/10
A masterpiece, if it was a bit longer it would be perfect. The soundtrack is so beautiful.

GTA 4 - 8/10
Its ok, improved a lot of things from previous GTA's, however it still have some annoying flaws.

tried to play silent hill 1 and unistalled after 5 minutes couldnt take the graphics and no mouse suport i hope SH 2 and 3 are better.

You realize it's a PS game, right? Graphics might be shit (after many years), but it's still the best in the series (so far).

Gears of war 2: 4/10

I didn't play gears 1, so this may be biased. I really don't like this game, the cover system sucks balls, I mean, why the hell do you even have to press a button to duck behind the wall that's right in front of you. I like being able to crouch at will, rather than being limited to walls. You run slow as hell, and can't sprint, when you do move faster, you can't turn. The annoying radio calls where you put your hand to your ear?? Wtf is that? is there a speaker in your fingers?? I want to be able to move when I'm talking to people. I might like this game more if there was a crouch command, or if you automatically ducked when you hit cover.

Saints Row 2 9/10

You're the leader of a gang, but you have to do REALLY random odd jobs to earn respect to do missions for your leutenants, WTF?

Dead Space (full game now yaaay) - 9/10

So ****ing awesome. Best sound design in a game I can think of. Why is the flamethrower so useless though? You don't pay tribute to Alien then shit all over the flamethrower, that's just wrong.

I really don't like this game, the cover system sucks balls, I mean, why the hell do you even have to press a button to duck behind the wall that's right in front of you. I like being able to crouch at will
I want to know which games you're playing that don't require you to press a button to crouch.

I mean, I would like a button that lets you crouch anytime, not just when you have your body pressed against a wall and there are people shooting at you. I think that I've just been playing too much CoD4.

Mortal Kombat vs DCU - 8/10 (360)

I normally don't like fighting games, but this one is like the old MK games which were sweeeeeeet.

Wii Music - 8/10

Everyone around me says it sucks, but I think it's cool, even though you pretty much just repeat songs already made, it's still fun to add bagpipes and harmonicas and shit to them, not only that, but you get to add extra notes and stuff like that in, you can choose whatever instruments you want in, you could put 6 drum sets to one song if you want, I think it's fun.

House of the Dead 2 and 3 - 9/10 (Wii)

Nostalgia ftw. Horrible voice acting as well, but it adds to the charm of the game.

Far Cry Vengeance
- 3/10 (Wii)

Terrible.. It's like a bad PS1 fps.

Gears of War 2: 9/10, Pretty awesome Campaign

Left 4 Dead - 360: 7/10, audio problems and console controls try to ruin the awesome game.

Star Wars, Force Unleashed: 8/10, cool physics and graphics but a bad storyline

Fallout 3: 9/10, Awesome game, can be annoying because of lack of ammo at times which can get you stuck, but its fun.

Gears of war 2: 4/10

I didn't play gears 1, so this may be biased. I really don't like this game, the cover system sucks balls, I mean, why the hell do you even have to press a button to duck behind the wall that's right in front of you. I like being able to crouch at will, rather than being limited to walls. You run slow as hell, and can't sprint, when you do move faster, you can't turn. The annoying radio calls where you put your hand to your ear?? Wtf is that? is there a speaker in your fingers?? I want to be able to move when I'm talking to people. I might like this game more if there was a crouch command, or if you automatically ducked when you hit cover.

The running is limited on purpose so that you cannot go jumping happily bunny hopping around head shotting everything on one side of the map, and the other in a few seconds.

You could say you cover your ear to get better hearing from your ear piece.

Also, the cover system is great, I have yet to hear someone actually complain about the cover system until you.

\
Fallout 3: 9/10, Awesome game, can be annoying because of lack of ammo at times which can get you stuck, but its fun.
I've managed to get 6000+ caps from collecting and selling fully repaired stuff (especially on stuff I don't need). All along I've also been buying ammo at every opportunity a seller has some. I've like 100 sniper (.308) rounds, 100 .44 scoped magnum rounds, 500 10mm machine pistol rounds, 1800 chinese assault rifle rounds (forget size), 19 nukes (I literally have little use for the nukes since I've been mowing with 100% repaired weaponry that does ungodly damage, except for lazy instances), and like 200 hunting rifle ammo (though I've been using ol' painless just cause of its name). Specializing in different skills makes for one helluva different game. Oh and Shishkebab just owns everything but a deathclaw.

In a nutshell - Fallout 3 - 10/10 (this like the 3rd time I've rated it? Probably will again at some point :p)

CODWAW: 9/10 - Really didn't think I'd like it that much but its grown on me. Just talking single player here.

Dead Space (full game now yaaay) - 9/10

So ****ing awesome. Best sound design in a game I can think of. Why is the flamethrower so useless though? You don't pay tribute to Alien then shit all over the flamethrower, that's just wrong.

I got this for Xmas but haven't played it much yet, only the intro. I was kinda disappointed with the graphics, I got it for the PS3 as I heard the PS3/360 versions are pretty identical in quality with some ppl saying the PS3 has better sound (in general). Considering how important sound is to this game I went for the Ps3. Anyway like I said, only played the intro.

I also got Gears for Xmas and got FO3 a few weeks ago so have been mostly playing those, FO3 in particular which is fantastic tbh.

It's not the most amazing looking game, but it's pretty good, and the environments are really well done. Can't speak for the PS3 version, but the 360 one looks good enough on my modest PC monitor. :>

The intro has like the best graphics, the approach to the ship trough the asteroid debris is amazing.

Spyro the Dragon: 7/10

So, that's,

Spyro the Dragon: 7/10
Spyro the Dragon 2: 8/10
Spyro the Dragon 3: 7/10

Left 4 Dead 10/10

Started playing at 7:30. At 3:40 I realized I should probably sleep at some point. ****ing fantastic.

Call of Duty 2 9.5/10

Christmas is always a time for retro and an opportunity to catch up on the unfinished games pile. I've been meaning to finish this off for ages and it was well worth it, though I think my mouse hand is buggered from all the shooting. Good solid missions and some great firefights. Have to say though I would drop whatever allied gun I had whenever I spotted one those German MP34s (the AK style guns), lovely, lovely weapon. :rolleyes:

Guess it would be remiss of me not to reinstall CoD4 now and see how it looks with new Graphics card ;)

I've managed to get 6000+ caps from collecting and selling fully repaired stuff (especially on stuff I don't need). All along I've also been buying ammo at every opportunity a seller has some. I've like 100 sniper (.308) rounds, 100 .44 scoped magnum rounds, 500 10mm machine pistol rounds, 1800 chinese assault rifle rounds (forget size), 19 nukes (I literally have little use for the nukes since I've been mowing with 100% repaired weaponry that does ungodly damage, except for lazy instances), and like 200 hunting rifle ammo (though I've been using ol' painless just cause of its name). Specializing in different skills makes for one helluva different game. Oh and Shishkebab just owns everything but a deathclaw.

lol, my roommate spent 3 weeks playing nothing but fallout 3, last he checked he had well over 40,000 caps just from killing and repairing everything. Then he just started collecting and repairing everything. I believe that at the current moment, he has roughly 10,000 10mm rounds. I think he's addicted.

Prince of Persia - 7.5/10

Enjoyable but doesn't compare to Sands of Time at all. As a matter of fact it feels incredibly dumbed down in comparison to it. The graphics and the art design of the game is fantastic, especially The Alchemist's lands. But as for the gameplay i felt like i was just play some weird kind of corridor jumping game. Only instead of worrying about timing and co-ordination all i had to worry about was mashing the right buttons within a second or so of when i needed to hit them.

It's got a similar control system to Assasin's Creed (which makes sense when you realise it was made by the same developer) only this feels so much more automatic and "meh" because it lacks all the freedom of running from rooftop to rooftop in Assasin's Creed. Not to mention, PoP suffers from the same repitition that dogs Assasin's Creed. Fortunately PoP has alot more charm and is just generally more fun than AC could hope to be (outside of the actual assasination missions, and not the whole dicking around parts before hand)

Assassin's Creed - 9.5/10
Great!
Far Cry 2 - 9/10
Awesome.

Prince of Persia Sux.

Okay a long list from xmas here be ready :p

Fallout 3 8.5/10

okay I really liked this game but I will not give it a 9 or above for one big reason. They didn't do what they promised. The whole aspect of choice and everything was way too emphasised when really all the choices didn't really affect anything. Okay some of the big things like
blowing megaton
were prominent in the game and did leave a lasting impact but apart from that one (well there might be more I haven't explored everything in the game after all) most choices ended up the same way or didn't really change anything in the main game world.

Like cool I got an apartment for
blowing up megaton
but I also get an apartment if I don't :| It seems alot of these choices come down to whether you arbitrarily decide to be good or bad and even that doesn't seem to make a difference. Bounty hunters were after me for being bad but bounty hunters also come after me if I am good therefore I get no feeling of punishment for what I did apart from my increasingly burdonous inventory resulting from all the money I stole. The only way to make a difference in that example is to be neutral but either you are playing a very careful game of equal measure of good and bad or your playing a very boring game.

Oh and yeah 900 endings my ass bethesda. Regardless of my past 2 paragraphs of ranting I really enjoyed this game for its world, characters, story and its atmosphere which is pretty good for me cos I typically don't like RPGs.

prince of persia 7.5/10

I haven't finished this one yet but I really am quite enjoying this surprisingly despite the constant criticisms I hear of it. It is different than SOT definitely but I still am quite enjoying it. Although yes the main character is an ass but I like the dynamic he and elika have. Yes it is too easy and I can't really defend that one (apart from if you were playing for trophies/achievements but that's a pretty weak defense). The main thing that made me give it below an 8 though is it seems quite repetitive (although not to the degree of AC at least thank god that was uninstalled after the 3rd assassination in my case) you travel to a fertile ground, do some platforming, beat 1 of 4 repeated bosses, heal the land collect some light seeds and then travel to the next fertile ground to be healed until you get enough light seeds to get a new power to go to other fertile lands for healing. Yes it is a bit repetitive but I can still keep going in it cos I like the dynamic of the prince and elika and the varied levels. So yeah it is still good, bit repetitive and easy but I can't argue much when I got it for 18 quid.

resistance 2 8/10

I haven't finished it yet but it seems to be a really fun, good polished FPS really. Alot of the complaints I had with the first have gone away. I felt that the health bar system didn't really work in a game like resistance so I am glad they used regen health even though usually I am against it. The one thing that has bugged me so far is that story is clearly not an emphasis in this game and its not told very well (abit like in mirror's edge) alot of the plot points I think they expect you to know from viral websites and intel files etc. that doesn't make a compelling story nor should I be expected to do my homework on a games story beforehand.

Silent Hill 4: The Room - 7.5/10

A bit flawed in terms of game mechanics, but it had a great atmosphere and kept me playing it.

Pokemon Snap 8/10

Nostalgia and Pokemon never disappoint. Guy in the boat is kinda gay in retrospect though.

Left 4 Dead - 10/10 perfect in every way
Unreal Tournament 3 9/10 Some minor flaws but good
Fallout 3 9.5/10 the only flaw is that Bethesda can't seem to put monsters anywhere but in Vaults/Dungeons(w/e)

Mount and Blade - 8/10

Confusing as **** at first (shit tutorial and WHERE'S THE GODDAMN MANUAL?!), and unintuitive in places, but holy shit that combat is the caravan's testicles. Yes I literally just looked out of my window and put down the first thing I saw. Why do my neighbours have a caravan in their yard, goddamn rednecks. Oh hey Firefox finally agrees with the way I spell goddamn. I'm gonna get some chips now.

Fallout 3 9.5/10 the only flaw is that Bethesda can't seem to put monsters anywhere but in Vaults/Dungeons(w/e)

and the sound design. The sound design is terrible. They had the same problem with Oblivion. There is simply nothing to the sound design besides some music and a bit of atmos. That's it.

Stalker - 7/10

Ok this is by far the most irritating game I have ever played. because its good, yet I just can't keep playing it, it doesn't egg me on like other games. I suppose its the traveling aspects, the fact that you can only carry a limited number of stuff or simply can't move (its happened in the middle of a firefight...).

The action is really good, exploring abandoned facilities is fun and tense, but the overall immersion just isn't cutting it for me. I just cannot seem to want to play more of it, very confusing game and the last time I intend to try it.

and the sound design. The sound design is terrible. They had the same problem with Oblivion. There is simply nothing to the sound design besides some music and a bit of atmos. That's it.
And the animation and engine and dialogue and endings and...

Legendary - Don't play this piece of shit/10

Don't play it.

Left 4 Dead - 9/10

Fantastic action game, spraying bullets into many zombies never gets old, and for a game with only four missions it amazingly replayable and with the obvious new missions that Valve will introduce over time I reckon I will playing this for a long time.

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - 7/10

It can be really fun at times, despite Pandemics laziness and shortcuts.

Rock Band 2 8/10

Pretty fun overall, but singing only works if it's a familiar song that I actually like/lyrics aren't constantly changing rhythm. Friends and I all playing Float On at once is a thing of bliss.

Little Big Planet: 8/10

It's an awesome party game, but I can't see how it would hold my attention (or at least as much as) if I was the only person playing. With two or more people, it's a hilariously great time.

Dear Dark Messiah of Might and Magic,

You are NOT a RPG, screw you for trying to make me believe you were. Your story is pretty damn obvious and your characters are not well written and implemented. However you have me with just the ability to boot creatures/people over cliffs, out of windows, into spikes or into fire and this is made even more fun by the rules of not being allowed to anger or let certain people die which consisted of my first hours of gameplay. Back stabbing and stealth was another well down element which has been poorly implemented in the past few years of gaming. Traps are interesting and fun to use although are pretty stale and unimaginative relying on the same traps over and over and over. Magic use, I cannot speak on since I have only went with a melee/archer character thus far. Combat is done poorly and I can exploit through any fight even boss characters although some of my "exploits" are no more than using the bow on a tall object or putting my shield up and swinging it over and over or just swinging my sword repeatedly so a charging enemy has no chance to get through. Even with playing properly, I find hit detection off but that has been a problem with the Source engine for a long time and trying to input proper controls for melee moves and trying to respond defensively can be frustrating but I can chalk that up to my inability thus far to master melee combat. Art design is breath taking and I understand when you have to point it out to the player with the character saying how beautiful an area is or something along those lines but between Sareth and Xena my hand is lead around this extremely linear game and I know games now are not meant for the hardcore anymore but being treated like I'm handicapped does not bode well in my eyes.

Overall 6/10 and most of that is for my love of sneaking and booting creatures off of things.

HL2 Ep2. Playing it again and I've just reached the part where you meet the fast zombies. It's been a while since I last played it so I forgot what happens when you come across them, thus almost having a heart attack! I seriously jumped about two feet in the air!
For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about:
I'm talking about the bit where the undead fast zombie leaps up at you when you're about 5cm away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back